What are you eating?

Started by toledobass, April 07, 2007, 11:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NikF

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on July 03, 2016, 01:41:06 PM
It was...and great to have Mrs. Rock back home, and not just for her cooking  8)

Sarge

Good stuff.  :)
"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".

71 dB

Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

jlaurson

Darn hot here... so it'll be cooled Bulgarian Yoghurt Soup (a la "Christo Vladimirov", my once college roommate who taught me). Very simple, very delicious, very refreshing.

toledobass

Pheasant and duck pate. Rich and delicious!

SonicMan46

Quote from: toledobass on August 03, 2016, 05:29:10 PM
Pheasant and duck pate. Rich and delicious!

Hi Allan - have not seen you posting much recently - great to see you back! Susan roasts us a pheasant for the holidays - tough bird - we just use poultry shears and half the beast and eat joyously!  And, a bottle of a 'blanc de noir' sparkler helps - :)

At the moment, I've been reading the book below on Fake & Real Food - author was on the Diane Rehm show recently, an iPad purchase - only half way through but we've been ordering a bunch of 'REAL' food from the internet - last night, Susan sautéed some delicious Bandera Quail from Texas, and tonight roasted a Venison Tenderloin from the same place.  Today received a BIG BOX of Alaskan seafood - salmon of various types, halibut steaks & cheeks, shrimp, and King Crab legs - some upcoming meals heading into the weekend!  Dave :)

North Star

Gravlax on bread this morning, fried salmon, new potatoes, and green onion for dinner yesterday and today.
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Brian

Quote from: SonicMan46 on August 03, 2016, 07:50:09 PM
Susan sautéed some delicious Bandera Quail from Texas,
I've been to Bandera four or five times! It's only about 30 miles from my parents' home and when I visit them for holidays, Bandera quail has a way of making an appearance.

Brian

So there's good news and bad news on the "What are you eating?" front. The bad news is I don't have much time to cook at home anymore and have sort of lost focus on all the cooking adventures I'd had, including an exploration of the marvelous/nearly-perfect book Bistronomy: Recipes from the Best New Paris Bistros.

The good news is it's because now I'm a high-falutin' food critic at my local newspaper...best job ever? Maybe

Karl Henning

Bandera Quail would be a fine, fine stage name.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

North Star

Quote from: Brian on August 04, 2016, 10:53:54 AM
So there's good news and bad news on the "What are you eating?" front. The bad news is I don't have much time to cook at home anymore and have sort of lost focus on all the cooking adventures I'd had, including an exploration of the marvelous/nearly-perfect book Bistronomy: Recipes from the Best New Paris Bistros.

The good news is it's because now I'm a high-falutin' food critic at my local newspaper...best job ever? Maybe
Did you ever check the font, Brian?

My photographs on Flickr

Drasko

Simple stuff. Could be my favorite fruit actually, though I've yet to meet the fruit I don't like (apologies for the quality of the photo, my nokia qualifies as an antiquity by now)

Brian

Quote from: North Star on August 04, 2016, 11:03:17 AM
Did you ever check the font, Brian?
Another friend of mine sent me a text message just 3 hours ago, asking, "What is up with the 'x'?" So it must still be the same...!

North Star

Quote from: Brian on August 04, 2016, 11:42:51 AM
Another friend of mine sent me a text message just 3 hours ago, asking, "What is up with the 'x'?" So it must still be the same...!
It sure is. Perhaps you should just move to Louisiana :D

My photographs on Flickr

SonicMan46

Quote from: Brian on August 04, 2016, 10:50:17 AM
I've been to Bandera four or five times! It's only about 30 miles from my parents' home and when I visit them for holidays, Bandera quail has a way of making an appearance.

We were in that vicinity on our last trip to San Antonio - took a day-tour of the Hill Country (went through Kerrville & spent a few hours in Fredericksburg) - not sure if we pass though Bandera but was certainly close - have another package of the Bandera quail in the frig and likely will order more - sourced from the Diamond H Ranch in Bandera.  Dave :)

(poco) Sforzando

Quote from: Brian on August 04, 2016, 10:53:54 AM

Whew! My mild-mannered buddy Brian is getting nasty. Bucking for the Pete Wells spot?
"I don't know what sforzando means, though it clearly means something."

Brian

Quote from: (poco) Sforzando on August 04, 2016, 12:52:55 PM
Whew! My mild-mannered buddy Brian is getting nasty. Bucking for the Pete Wells spot?
Pete Wells doesn't have such a bad job, now, does he  8)

(I do read his stuff, among other writers, to help figure out how to do this job well.)

toledobass

Thank you, thank you!

I hope you've been well too! Just dropping in to see how things are I. The neighborhood. Looks like it's grown a bit! 

A

Quote from: SonicMan46 on August 03, 2016, 07:50:09 PM
Hi Allan - have not seen you posting much recently - great to see you back! Susan roasts us a pheasant for the holidays - tough bird - we just use poultry shears and half the beast and eat joyously!  And, a bottle of a 'blanc de noir' sparkler helps - :)

At the moment, I've been reading the book below on Fake & Real Food - author was on the Diane Rehm show recently, an iPad purchase - only half way through but we've been ordering a bunch of 'REAL' food from the internet - last night, Susan sautéed some delicious Bandera Quail from Texas, and tonight roasted a Venison Tenderloin from the same place.  Today received a BIG BOX of Alaskan seafood - salmon of various types, halibut steaks & cheeks, shrimp, and King Crab legs - some upcoming meals heading into the weekend!  Dave :)

Bogey

Quote from: toledobass on August 04, 2016, 03:39:40 PM
Thank you, thank you!

I hope you've been well too! Just dropping in to see how things are I. The neighborhood. Looks like it's grown a bit! 

A

But always a better place when you drop by.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Sergeant Rock

Tonight Mrs. Rock whipped up Spaghetti alla puttanesca ("garbage pasta"  ;D ): anchovies, hot red peppers, cherry tomatoes, black olives, fresh basil, parmesan. Since I need red meat too, she served it with Salsiccia (Italian pork sausage spiced with fennel). We drank a Chianti and had a rosé Champagne (Augé Père et Fils) for dessert. Left click to enlarge image.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

NikF

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on August 18, 2016, 11:17:21 AM
Tonight Mrs. Rock whipped up Spaghetti alla puttanesca ("garbage pasta"  ;D ): anchovies, hot red peppers, cherry tomatoes, black olives, fresh basil, parmesan. Since I need red meat too, she served it with Salsiccia (Italian pork sausage spiced with fennel). We drank a Chianti and had a rosé Champagne (Augé Père et Fils) for dessert. Left click to enlarge image.

Sarge

Mrs. Rock does it again! Looks really good, Sarge.

All week my breakfast has been courtesy of the cafe in the Court during my jury duty.

Me: 'Three fried eggs, please"
Counter lady: " Three?"
Me: "Yes. Three."
Counter lady: "And nothing else?"
Me: "And nothing else, thanks".

Apart from this morning -

Me: "Four fried eggs, please."
Counter lady: "  :o "
"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".