What are you eating?

Started by toledobass, April 07, 2007, 11:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

SurprisedByBeauty

Quote from: Brian on September 18, 2018, 07:00:38 AM
Whoa, blast from the past. I hadn't thought about Jerry Coyne in a decade. Never heard of ice cream with beef gelatin in it.

Gelatin isn't usually advertised as being made from the by-products of the meat and leather industries, like pork and cattle hides and bovine bones. But unless they are made from fruit (i.e. apple skins), that's simply what gelatine is.

Ken B

Ice cream also discriminates against those opposed to refrigeration.

hpowders

Smucker's Chunky Peanut Butter right out of the jar.
"Why do so many of us try to explain the beauty of music thus depriving it of its mystery?" Leonard Bernstein. (Wait a minute!! Didn't Bernstein spend most of his life doing exactly that???)

Karl Henning

A Braeburn apple, and man, is it tasty.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Omicron9

Peanut butter and a banana.  However, it's my own secret recipe, so I can't divulge the ingredients.

"Signature-line free since 2017!"

NikF

Post gym - grilled lemon chicken, chips (fries) and an almost superfluous tomato and garlic flatbread. An aside; a nice deli that I'm happy to frequent, but the bread is obviously store bought and so the flavours are along the lines of "Here we are, you can clearly taste tomatoes and now the garlic" - I'm not a child and so don't need stuff highlighted and/or underlined. Having said that, all in all it was good refuelling grub for after a workout.
"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".

hpowders

Smuckers Chunky Peanut Butter slathered between 2 slices of 5 grain Italian Bread straight from the Publix Bakery.
"Why do so many of us try to explain the beauty of music thus depriving it of its mystery?" Leonard Bernstein. (Wait a minute!! Didn't Bernstein spend most of his life doing exactly that???)

Omicron9

Halloween Kit-Kats dipped in creamy peanut butter.  Oh my.

vandermolen

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

shinderu

Scrambled eggs with toast and fruit - a classic!) :D

Omicron9

In an unexpected turn for the healthy: oatmeal!  Yum!

NikF

A cheese sandwich.
Fairly mature Arran cheddar with the sharpness softened by the sweet caramelised onions it contains, grated on to the outside slice (an "ootsider") of a Scottish plain loaf with a thin spreading of mayonnaise.
Unfortunately the red and green butter lettuce leaves and baby spinach were too past their best to be included.
"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".

NikF

Just had a steak with a fried egg and chips (fries), a slice of bread and butter and pint of milk after leaving the gym. It was in a 24hr service station cafe aimed at taxi drivers/truckers and so cheap and cheerful more than anything else.

NikF4

I've been handed this despite the fact I don't usually eat cakes or donuts or chocolate etc and can't remember the last time I did.

e: Wow. It tastes like some kind of artificial sweetener and...more artificial sweetener.

ZakLewis

Today I will cook soupe à l'oignon. It's a french soup as you can say. ;D My friends and my girlfriend hate the smell of it actually but I'm big fan of french cuisine. My biggest dreams is to buy an apartment on the French Riviera one day and try every food in France. :D

Mookalafalas

After gaining quite a bit of weight on vacation, my wife made a huge bowl of quinoa--with veggies and shrimp. I've been eating it for the last couple of days (its a chilled salad) along with sweet potatoes, and rice porridge with odd pickled things in it...   Feels good after 2 weeks of deep-dish pizza, burgers, gallons of ice-cream, bagels, hoagies, bratworsts, muffins, bagels, various chips and dips, beer, etc.
It's all good...

jwinter

Philly pretzel -- who's with me?  :)

The man that hath no music in himself,
Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds,
Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils.
The motions of his spirit are dull as night,
And his affections dark as Erebus.
Let no such man be trusted.

-- William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: jwinter on August 28, 2019, 12:41:47 PM
Philly pretzel -- who's with me?  :)

Looks like a German soft pretzel...so, definitely me with you.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"