Author Topic: What are you eating?  (Read 465800 times)

Online Jo498

• Veteran member
Re: What are you eating?
« Reply #4160 on: August 29, 2019, 11:35:51 AM »
Yes. with butter or obatzder, please.
Struck by the sounds before the sun,
I knew the night had gone.
The morning breeze like a bugle blew
Against the drums of dawn.
(Bob Dylan)

Offline Sergeant Rock

• Veteran member
« Reply #4161 on: August 30, 2019, 03:53:56 AM »
Yes. with butter or obatzder, please.

or Spundekäs  8)

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Online Jo498

• Veteran member
« Reply #4162 on: August 30, 2019, 06:27:27 AM »
Mostly depending if one is in Wine country or Beer country, I guess it's the former for you and the latter for me (although I quit  beer mostly for health reasons, not that I ever drank excessively). Or to be more precise: ALL of Germany is Beer country anyway, so it's rather Beer AND Wine for some regions.
Struck by the sounds before the sun,
I knew the night had gone.
The morning breeze like a bugle blew
Against the drums of dawn.
(Bob Dylan)

Offline dissily Mordentroge

« Reply #4163 on: November 19, 2019, 09:35:01 PM »
Caught two decent sized rainbow trout this morning. Stuffed with fresh tarragon on a bed of finely julienned carrot, celery and shallots with a few glasses of white whine in a covered casserole dish. When cooked I’ll drain the wine into a seperate pan and thicken with egg yolk and cream to be poured back onto the fish & served with baby broad-beans and buttered spaghetti squash from the garden with a red onion and tomato salad on the side.
Stefano Lubiana Tasmanian Brut Reserve Champagne (but don’t tell the French I called it that.)
Home made vanilla bean ice-cream drenched in home made quince liquor with fresh nectarines for afters.
The Human Race is Insane

Offline 2dogs

• Currently Listening to:
    20th Century
« Reply #4164 on: November 20, 2019, 09:46:43 AM »
Caught two decent sized rainbow trout this morning. Stuffed with fresh tarragon on a bed of finely julienned carrot, celery and shallots with a few glasses of white whine in a covered casserole dish. When cooked I’ll drain the wine into a seperate pan and thicken with egg yolk and cream to be poured back onto the fish & served with baby broad-beans and buttered spaghetti squash from the garden with a red onion and tomato salad on the side.
Stefano Lubiana Tasmanian Brut Reserve Champagne (but don’t tell the French I called it that.)
Home made vanilla bean ice-cream drenched in home made quince liquor with fresh nectarines for afters.

That sounds lovely. I’ve just had avocado, sardines, pork pie, Cheshire cheese, tomatoes and olives. And am now drinking Rooibos tea.

Offline North Star

• Veteran member
« Reply #4165 on: November 20, 2019, 12:40:13 PM »
Ha! I bought a smoked rainbow trout last week, been eating it mostly as a creamy spaghetti dish, tarragon, carrot & onion all involved.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 12:42:03 PM by North Star »
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Offline Sergeant Rock

• Veteran member
« Reply #4166 on: November 20, 2019, 01:07:50 PM »
Caught two decent sized rainbow trout this morning. Stuffed with fresh tarragon...

Great. I love trout but haven't had a whole one in quite some time. I'll need to rectify that soon.

This evening I cooked a German meal including fried Pfälzer Saumagen (sow's belly), Bavarian Weisswurst, red cabbage, and potato salad. Drank a 2018 dry Saar Riesling: an Ayler Kupp from the Bischofliche winery in Trier.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"