Author Topic: What are you eating?  (Read 534789 times)

Online deprofundis

• no one perfect publish my post please
  • Currently Listening to:
    classical, skronk-jazz, blues, experimental etc
Re: What are you eating?
« Reply #4260 on: November 05, 2020, 07:11:25 PM »
Cheese st-yr fried zucchini white cheddar Know what I am doing won't reveal this  recipe of Austerity Italy but you betcha it's good  :P
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 07:14:40 PM by deprofundis »

Online deprofundis

« Reply #4261 on: November 05, 2020, 08:33:11 PM »
Paté Chinois miam  :P

Online deprofundis

Is cassoulet the best dishes in the world even if full of transfat & colesterol?
« Reply #4262 on: November 13, 2020, 01:58:05 AM »
Okay here my soft spot Cassoulet, it's a recipe made in france from france not quebec,,  it's origin unknow until now, you like duck meat you gonna get a load of duck here, duck fat, duck flesh, duck gelly and traditional yellow beans, that the stuff of emperor kings ask anyone whom ever taste good one, do you buy it all done or you make it, cassoulet lovers? out ther? hey ! what about it.

Tomorrow I am eating some whit a friend at home  ;D

Offline Pohjolas Daughter

• Veteran member
« Reply #4263 on: November 24, 2020, 10:15:52 AM »
Figuring out Thanksgiving dinner here:

Appetizers (not certain yet)?

Starter:  A cup of butternut squash soup that I made recently and froze.  Has a touch of heat to it so am thinking of topping it with some plain Greek yogurt, a bit of chopped cilantro and a tiny drizzle of honey

Main:  *Deborah Madison's Tossed Spinach Lasagne and Goat Cheese Gratin (haven't tried this recipe before, but 99% of the time, I've enjoyed her dishes.  This also gives me a chance at hauling out my hand-cranked pasta machine and have a go at making some fresh spinach pasta).  https://pieinthewoods.wordpress.com/2012/12/07/tossed-spinach-lasagna/

Salad:  a green salad with a simple mustard & sherry vinaigrette dressing
           trying to figure out what other veggie dish or dishes to have with it?

Dessert:  chocolate pot-de-creme with whipped cream

*or I may go old-school and do a meat lasagna as my friend is not particularly into food and is more of a meat-and-potatoes kind of guy (though he claims to have liked everything that I've inflicted upon him.  ;) :D

PD

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
  • Paul Hindemith (1895 - 1963)
    Debussy, Ravel, Bartók, Stravinsky, Mahler, Schoenberg, Berg, Webern, Janáček, Takemitsu
« Reply #4264 on: November 24, 2020, 10:46:40 AM »
Sounds good, PD, although I’m not crazy about the spinach and goat cheese lasagna idea (I really dislike goat cheese or really any kind of funky tasting cheese for that matter). I’m more of an old school lasagna lover --- either a meat one or a four cheese would be my own personal preference.
Don’t forget to remember your three A’s folks: Arnie, Alban and Anton!

Offline Pohjolas Daughter

• Veteran member
« Reply #4265 on: November 24, 2020, 03:21:00 PM »
Sounds good, PD, although I’m not crazy about the spinach and goat cheese lasagna idea (I really dislike goat cheese or really any kind of funky tasting cheese for that matter). I’m more of an old school lasagna lover --- either a meat one or a four cheese would be my own personal preference.
That's o.k.!  We all have different tastes.  Must admit, I love cheese:  all kinds, blue, goat, various artisanal cheeses...yum!  Out of curiosity, are you much of a veggie lover?  I don't believe that I've ever had a four-cheese lasagna.  I have had four-cheese ravioli before (which I love).  I remember years ago when I had made a spinach lasagna for my parents that they LOVED it!  Believe that the recipe was from either the Moosewood Cookbook or the Enchanted Broccoli Forest one (by Mollie Kazan).  I suspect that it was the overall cheesieness of it that they enjoyed (including using fresh mozzarella).   :)

Your mom's sweet potato soufflé sounds interesting:  recipe please.  ;D

PD