Author Topic: What are you eating?  (Read 598726 times)

Offline Pohjolas Daughter

• Veteran member
Re: What are you eating?
« Reply #4460 on: July 08, 2021, 11:44:34 AM »
Thanks for inquiring PD.

It isn't coronavirus. Right now we are waiting it out. Her fever is low and she has been in pretty good spirits.
VS
Well wishes your way.  I hadn't jumped to the conclusion of her having corona virus, but sorry that she has a fever.  Hopefully she'll be feeling well soon and no spreading to other family members.

Best wishes to you and your family,

PD

Offline VonStupp

• Amazon Public Profile
  • Currently Listening to:
    Backtracking through my catalog
« Reply #4461 on: July 08, 2021, 11:55:04 AM »
Well wishes your way.  I hadn't jumped to the conclusion of her having corona virus, but sorry that she has a fever.  Hopefully she'll be feeling well soon and no spreading to other family members.

Best wishes to you and your family,

PD

Not at all, but I always jump to that conclusion with my children. We are visiting the doctor again tomorrow.

Thanks again, VS
“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”

• Veteran member
« Reply #4462 on: July 09, 2021, 08:40:11 AM »
Not at all, but I always jump to that conclusion with my children. We are visiting the doctor again tomorrow.

Thanks again, VS
How did the office visit go?  Or haven't been there yet?

PD

Offline VonStupp

• Amazon Public Profile
« Reply #4463 on: July 09, 2021, 08:50:09 AM »
How did the office visit go?  Or haven't been there yet?

PD

Tests ended up signifying Lyme disease, a concern I had raised from her symptoms. Most likely, it is due to a few day-long sojourns that were rather forested. Luckily, it is early on, so a few weeks of antibiotics. Suffice to say, worries with this diagnosis were, and are, high.

Thanks for your concern PD! VS
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 08:55:26 AM by VonStupp »

• Veteran member
« Reply #4464 on: July 09, 2021, 09:06:56 AM »
Tests ended up signifying Lyme disease, a concern I had raised from her symptoms. Most likely, it is due to a few day-long sojourns that were rather forested. Luckily, it is early on, so a few weeks of antibiotics. Suffice to say, worries with this diagnosis were, and are, high.

Thanks for your concern PD! VS
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that it was Lyme disease!  :(  I know several people who have been infected with that--alas, one is a friend and they didn't catch it 'til late.  That said, I'm very happy to hear that they caught it early!  So, what will they do, retest at a later date to make sure that it is totally gone?  Or?

Wishing all of your family the best,

PD

Offline VonStupp

• Amazon Public Profile
« Reply #4465 on: July 09, 2021, 09:37:58 AM »
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that it was Lyme disease!  :(  I know several people who have been infected with that--alas, one is a friend and they didn't catch it 'til late.  That said, I'm very happy to hear that they caught it early!  So, what will they do, retest at a later date to make sure that it is totally gone?  Or?

Wishing all of your family the best,

PD

No, we won't test until symptoms return. But I know this is a strange disease where it can rest latent, so you can be assured I will ask if we can retest at her next check-up.
VS

• Veteran member
« Reply #4466 on: July 09, 2021, 12:06:07 PM »
No, we won't test until symptoms return. But I know this is a strange disease where it can rest latent, so you can be assured I will ask if we can retest at her next check-up.
VS
Hugs to you and  your family.

PD

• Veteran member
« Reply #4467 on: July 21, 2021, 05:22:15 AM »
Just finished a lovely BLT sandwich--on a good white bread, with mayo, lots of lettuce, 2 pieces of bacon and several thickly cut slices of an heirloom tomato.  Hit the spot.  :)

PD

Offline VonStupp

• Amazon Public Profile
« Reply #4468 on: July 27, 2021, 02:30:21 AM »
Hugs to you and your family.

PD

Per our conversation some time ago, my oldest just finished what I consider to be the most intense antibiotic treatment I had seen prescribed to a young person. She was a trooper though...

Thanks again! VS

• Veteran member
« Reply #4469 on: July 27, 2021, 02:53:05 AM »
Per our conversation some time ago, my oldest just finished what I consider to be the most intense antibiotic treatment I had seen prescribed to a young person. She was a trooper though...

Thanks again! VS
Oh, well done to her!  Hope that that part is all over with.  Hopefully, she has been/is taking some pre and probiotics to restore good gut health?

Yesterday afternoon, I made a decent-sized batch of stuffed manicotti (stuffed with a combo of ricotta, parmesan, a couple of eggs, steamed fresh spinach, and sautéed mushrooms and a clove of garlic plus some freshly grated nutmeg) and baked in some marinara sauce.  Glad to have them for dinner (will freeze some and gave some to a friend), but picked a bad day to make them--quickly became warm and humid...but I did it!  :)

PD

• Veteran member
« Reply #4470 on: August 02, 2021, 06:07:40 AM »
Just had a nice salad....was feeling a bit creative in the kitchen and did a take on the traditional appetizer of cantaloupe with prosciutto.

Sliced some red onion thinly and soaked it for a few minutes in ice water to help remove some of the 'sting'.  Whilst it was soaking, grabbed a couple of handful of baby arugula plus a small amount of red beet micro greens.  Put them into a salad bowl, added some ground black pepper, a tiny bit of salt, olive oil, some sherry vinegar, chopped (1 slice) prosciutto (about 2/3 of that slice).  Then strained out and dried off red onion slices and added them to salad.  Tossed it all.  Put it on a salad plate.

Topped it with chunks of cantaloupe (cheat:  purchased at a super market that way), a tiny bit more salt & pepper, last bit of prosciutto and added a squeeze of lemon juice.

Happy camper!  :)

PD