What are you eating?

Started by toledobass, April 07, 2007, 11:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VonStupp

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on August 29, 2021, 09:50:59 AM
I'm sure that he appreciated your efforts though and that you were trying hard to make him feel at home and that you were interested in his homeland and culture.

PD

I think so, and we involved him as much as we could too. If I remember correctly, this was shortly after the fall of the Berlin Wall, and with the political situation in the US and being from the former Eastern-European Soviet bloc (or there about), it was a tough time for him.
"All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff."

Carlo Gesualdo

Potage de Florence: this is higly chromatic in veggies, Cauliflower, Potato of Paris (small ones), zuchinni, onion,  cream for cooking just a bit, milk more , I have a sic sense to cook, always good stuff  the more I cook the more I evovle, perhaps one day I will bake Soufllé?
Gemelli ala Deprofundis, this highly confidencial I'm a great cook, Great cook keep there secret hey well, how about some clues Bologna spaghetti sauc, garlic butter, Gemelli all dente,  the most perfect not too hard not ot soft... whit  spice that I won't name and cheeze that will remain a secret , I just done those today they were fun cooking his fun, women love a guy that can cook ?

Pohjolas Daughter

A hearty sandwich for breakfast and lunch for me:

Carmelized some red onions in a pan.  Reheated a leftover boiled purple potato.  Toasted a good-sized chiabata loaf.

Spread some chipotle mayo on both sides of the bread.  Topped with some of the red onions, sliced up some of the potato and put that on top.  Followed by some slices of avocado, tomato and s &p and arugula.  Pretty good!  :)

PD

Carlo Gesualdo

Hello I made a complex veggies cream whit lots of thing and a surpise veggie I don't know first time trying, here are they ingredients, partial, the best cook  hide his secrets hey:

First of you need

1 zuchinni
1 onion
1 yellow squash
1 suprise veggie I won't name ?
1 pear

Greek yogurt
about  3 scoupes of butter
milk
a bit water
garlic salt
Lots of pepper
Savory  a bit
beef broth
and voila! you get, a deprofundis cream deluxe of Venosa?

Gesualdo would agree this is an awesome cream, it'S the first time I do cream whit plain, it's so taste and a pears this was a genius idea, my food would make Chez Louie NYC ny blush lol...

I suprise myself each time!!  ;)

DavidW

Quote from: deprofundis on September 18, 2021, 05:05:48 PM
the best cook  hide his secrets hey

Actually the best cooks publish books... so spill it! $:)

LKB

Mit Flügeln, die ich mir errungen...

Pohjolas Daughter

Too early here for that.  Off to put on coffee pot!  :)

PD

DavidW

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on September 21, 2021, 02:21:41 AM
Too early here for that.  Off to put on coffee pot!  :)

PD

Yeah old fashioned oatmeal with a sliced banana on top was my breakfast along with coffee.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: DavidW on September 21, 2021, 03:54:41 AM
Yeah old fashioned oatmeal with a sliced banana on top was my breakfast along with coffee.
I'm out of bananas, but do have other fruit....hmmm??  :-\

PD

Pohjolas Daughter

Treated myself to a veggie meal.  Baked a nice-sized baking potato.  Whilst that was cooking, made your usual béchamel sauce, adding in some cheddar and a bit of nutmeg.  Also chopped up and cooked some broccoli.  Split open potato, put a goodly amount of the broccoli on top and then poured some of the cheese sauce on top of that.  Yum!

PD

DavidW

I've been enjoying my new kitchen.  It is so large and spacious and all the appliances are so great, it really makes cooking a snap!

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: DavidW on October 01, 2021, 09:04:47 AM
I've been enjoying my new kitchen.  It is so large and spacious and all the appliances are so great, it really makes cooking a snap!
Sorry, trying to remember here....I believe that you moved.  If so, very happy for you!  What dishes have you been cooking lately...particularly those that you didn't make before?  And, if so, what was the difference?

PD

John Copeland

This is the post I was looking for when I posted Oatcakes!   :(

DavidW

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on October 01, 2021, 02:36:02 PM
Sorry, trying to remember here....I believe that you moved.  If so, very happy for you!  What dishes have you been cooking lately...particularly those that you didn't make before?  And, if so, what was the difference?

PD

Nothing elaborate except I cooked coconut curry for my birthday.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: DavidW on October 02, 2021, 04:41:37 AM
Nothing elaborate except I cooked coconut curry for my birthday.
Sounds yummy!  And enjoy your weekend off!

Off to make breakfast here....

PD

toledobass

Kimchi-jjigae.

(I can't remember how to post pictures here)

:P

A

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: toledobass on October 15, 2021, 07:46:22 AM
Kimchi-jjigae.

(I can't remember how to post pictures here)

:P

A
I haven't had that before (did a bit of quick googling).  Do you put pork in yours or....?

PD

toledobass

I did. I am visiting a friend and am in close proximity to an H-Mart (asian super grocery.) I got some pork belly there and used that.

When at home I'll often use bacon if I use pork at all, and many times, I make this without any pork too. Delicious all ways!

A

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: toledobass on October 17, 2021, 11:39:59 AM
I did. I am visiting a friend and am in close proximity to an H-Mart (asian super grocery.) I got some pork belly there and used that.

When at home I'll often use bacon if I use pork at all, and many times, I make this without any pork too. Delicious all ways!

A
Oh, nice!  I'm lucky in that there's a nice-sized store in my area that specializes in Asian food.  They are also very nice and are happy to answer my questions and make suggestions; so much for me to learn and try cooking with!

PD

listener

I was given a large bag of frozen rhubarb, cooked it gently with a chopped orange, honey and demerara sugar and grated ginger,  A couple of spoonfuls of corn starch to thicken.   Orange and ginger were perfect.
"Keep your hand on the throttle and your eye on the rail as you walk through life's pathway."