The Back Room > The Diner

What are you eating?

<< < (2/903) > >>

SonicMan46:

--- Quote from: toledobass on April 21, 2007, 03:54:32 AM ---That menu looks nice,  asian accents throughout.  Here is one thing that seems absolutly wrong to me though:

French Onion Soup
Provolone cheese | $5.95

Provolone?  of all the ways to screw up onion soup............and from a CIA grad as well.

--- End quote ---

Allan - I'm not a fan of onion soup, so have not given that one a try; the owner is from NYC and indeed is Asian, so the flavors are quite complex & interesting; wife had a shrimp dish w/ a sweet potato puree & broccholi (some other veggies), but the flavors were just multi-faceted - we love dishes like that!  Dave :D

Bogey:
Another happy birthday Dave!

SonicMan46:

--- Quote from: Bill on April 21, 2007, 05:02:19 AM ---

--- End quote ---

Bill - better not show that pic to the LOML!  One of our favorite pastimes, lobster & clams!  In-laws have a house in Montauk @ the tip of Long Island (FIL past away a year ago Christmas, so we don't travel up there much) - but if anyone is in the vicinity - give Gossman's Dock a try - seafood restaurant w/ fish market & shops; but one of our luncheon past times was to order 'Lobster in the Rough' - small steamed lobster w/ some steamers & a few sides; eaten outside watching the boats returning & leaving Long Island Sound -  :P :D  Dave

Bogey:

--- Quote from: SonicMan on April 21, 2007, 05:27:31 AM ---  Bill - better not show that pic to the LOML!  One of our favorite pastimes, lobster & clams!  In-laws have a house in Montauk @ the tip of Long Island (FIL past away a year ago Christmas, so we don't travel up there much) - but if anyone is in the vicinity - give Gossman's Dock a try - seafood restaurant w/ fish market & shops; but one of our luncheon past times was to order 'Lobster in the Rough' - small steamed lobster w/ some steamers & a few sides; eaten outside watching the boats returning & leaving Long Island Sound -  :P :D  Dave

--- End quote ---

I hit the one in Trenton, Maine when we visit my home state....however, I usually fly solo as my LOML does not care for seafood, nor does my son. :o ;D  However, my 4 year-old daughter went with me last time and seemed to take a liking to it....however, she filled up on the steamers before ever embarking on her lobster.  I went ahead and suffered the task of eating it for her.   :DLOL

toledobass:
I'm headed to Bar Harbor,  Maine in the summer.  You guys have any recs?

Allan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version