What are you eating?

Started by toledobass, April 07, 2007, 11:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saul

Me and my partner were invited by our boss in upstate new york for a business lunch today.

My Boss, who happens to be a professional chef, treated us with nice rib stakes and Sweet potatoes with green beans and roasted mushrooms and red onions.
We began with a crisp garlic bread and a delicious Salad with bread crumbs. We washed it off with a bottle of Budwiser.

It was great.

For dinner later on in the evening I had some Chinese food.

Moo Goo chicken with white rice, was very good.

Yesterday I had some more Chinese food, this time it was Chicken with garlic sauce . I added to this some nice onion rings and  french fries. Also wanton soup.

The day before I had a shawarma Plate to go with a choice of salads.

Was very delicious .

Lethevich

Another of my culinary war crimes...

Lasagane/chili hybrid (with baguette slices to dip in)*... well, I liked it... ;D

*I believe that is a full three nations covered...
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

Lady Chatterley

SonicMan46

Quote from: Saul on October 02, 2007, 06:29:09 PM
.... with nice rib stakes and Sweet potatoes with green beans and roasted mushrooms and red onions. \

We began with a crisp garlic bread and a delicious Salad with bread crumbs. We washed it off with a bottle of Budwiser.

For dinner later on in the evening I had some Chinese food. Moo Goo chicken with white rice, was very good.

Yesterday I had some more Chinese food, this time it was Chicken with garlic sauce . I added to this some nice onion rings and  french fries. Also wanton soup........................................

Saul - sounds like some wonderful food!  Wife & I are BIG oriental food fans, really love this 'Asian Fusion' trend -  8)

Now, I must ask "Was this all kosher?" -  ;) ;D  BTW, my wife who was brought up Jewish (not Orthodox) just loves baby back pork ribs!  :) :)

SonicMan46

Now, I usually don't post this often to the eating thread (although I do eat daily!), but the LOML hit a home run two nights in a row (an old standby for us but just fabulous!):

Thai Shrimp Cakes - bought @ a local seafood place - think of crab cakes, but w/ whole shrimp & an oriental KICK!

Noodles - whole wheat w/ a soy-chili-sesame blending - tasty w/ a little heat & wonderful flavors!

Bok Choy - left over from yesterday; again just lightly steamed - just love this veggie prepared simply!

Wine - Babich Sauvignon Blanc '06 from New Zealand - great acidity & perfect 'foil' to oriental food!

Music - new acquisition of CPE Bach Trio Sonatas w/ a wooden flute - just LOVE this disc!

I think my wife is after another short weekend trip somewhere?  But, I'm enjoying the ride!  ;D

toledobass

Lilas Pastia

Sunday, for Maman's birthday we're going to the vietnamese restaurant. Well, there's at least 150 of those in Montreal, but this one looks esp. nice and dandy  :D.

orbital

Farfalle pasta with plain yogurt and some tomato paste sauteed with olive oil, crushed red peppers, dried mints and chilli powder on top

Saul

Quote from: SonicMan on October 03, 2007, 04:18:31 PM
Saul - sounds like some wonderful food!  Wife & I are BIG oriental food fans, really love this 'Asian Fusion' trend -  8)

Now, I must ask "Was this all kosher?" -  ;) ;D  BTW, my wife who was brought up Jewish (not Orthodox) just loves baby back pork ribs!  :) :)

100% Kosher.

Lady Chatterley

I have no idea what is on the feed bag tonight,might order out for a chow fun.

MishaK

My wife and I went here today. One of my favorite Chicago restuarants.

DavidW

Quote from: Muriel on October 06, 2007, 03:49:24 PM
I have no idea what is on the feed bag tonight,might order out for a chow fun.

I like that cute choice of words Muriel. ;D

SonicMan46

Quote from: O Mensch on October 06, 2007, 08:04:10 PM
My wife and I went here today. One of my favorite Chicago restuarants.

O Mensch - looked @ that dinner menu, and it looks GREAT!  Wife & I would cetainly enjoy this place - we get to Chicago every couple of years, so will keep that restaurant on my list - thanks!   :D  Dave

George

Pear Walnut Mushroom Endive Salad

Fettuccine Alfredo

MishaK

Quote from: SonicMan on October 07, 2007, 04:47:38 PM
O Mensch - looked @ that dinner menu, and it looks GREAT!  Wife & I would cetainly enjoy this place - we get to Chicago every couple of years, so will keep that restaurant on my list - thanks!   :D  Dave

The chef is Armenian, so it's noveau American with a middle eastern/caucasian tinge. They have this lamb stew with dried apricots and chickpeas that's just to die for.

On another note, I just made fettucine with chanterelle mushrooms.

uffeviking

Quote from: longears on October 07, 2007, 04:38:22 PM

With sugar and whipping cream, or simply natural as nature made them? I bit on the tart side that way though!  I eat them with Greek Honey Yogurt. ;)

dtwilbanks

That's some fine eatin' there.  ;D