What are you eating?

Started by toledobass, April 07, 2007, 11:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

locrian

longears

whole wheat pita with roasted garlic hummus

SonicMan46

Well, we are up the road in Virginia for a long weekend - staying 2 nights @ the Martha Washington Inn in Abingdon, VA - home of the famous Barter Theater - goin' to see a one-man musical tomorrow night on Jimmie Rodgers, Father of Country Music - about 15 miles down I-81 is Bristol, TN, where in 1927 Ralph Peer recorded for the first time, Jimmie Rodgers & the Carter Family - kind of the beginning of 'recorded' early country music; the Stanley Brothers (and many others) hail from this southwestern portion of Virginia!

Tonight, dined @ the restaurant in the Inn - a wonderful experience (CLICK on the image for a menu selection - not the same, so must change constantly) - I started out w/ quail spinach salad; quail was grilled just right - did a 'light fare' for my main course - duck breast medium rare w/ some greens, dried cranberries, etc. plus an interesting julienne of veggies in a phyllo dough puffed pastry - like a wonderful 'eggroll' - had a couple of glasses for Foris Pinot Noir from Oregon (excellent!); shared a dessert - delicious bread pudding (a specialty of the house) - goin' back tomorrow night before the show - lookin' forward to the experience already -  :)

George

Lethevich

A baguette with cheddar cheese in.

These two countries were at war for many centuries, but this combination works well.
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

toledobass

I've got another batch of bacon in the works.  I'm also rendering some pork fat in order to make some pork belly confit. 

Allan

orbital

Quote from: toledobass on November 02, 2007, 08:03:14 AM
I've got another batch of bacon in the works.  I'm also rendering some pork fat in order to make some pork belly confit. 

Allan
NO wonder Pork Belly futures are climbing up contrary to other livestock pits  $:)

"An analyst also called pork bellies mostly higher on steady fresh belly quotes Thursday at $72 per hundredweight and short covering that may overpower possible spillover selling.

Also, February's oversold chart signal may embolden potential buyers, the analyst said. "

Saul

Quote from: longears on October 26, 2007, 05:13:25 PM
whole wheat pita with roasted garlic hummus

You sound like an Israeli.  ;D

Lethevich

Lady Chatterley

toledobass

Here are some pics of the weekends project of pork belly confit.  It's on the plate with sauteed spinach that I drizzled with a little balsamic.  On the side is a little mustard and some baguette.

Allan

Lady Chatterley

Quote from: toledobass on November 05, 2007, 05:24:46 AM
Here are some pics of the weekends project of pork belly confit.  It's on the plate with sauteed spinach that I drizzled with a little balsamic.  On the side is a little mustard and some baguette.

Allan

So,how'd it taste?

toledobass

Quote from: Muriel on November 05, 2007, 08:53:54 AM
So,how'd it taste?

Howdy Muriel,

How are you?

I really believe it is one of the finest things I've ever cooked.  Do you do much confit? 

Allan

Lady Chatterley

Quote from: toledobass on November 05, 2007, 09:12:35 AM

Howdy Muriel,

How are you?

I really believe it is one of the finest things I've ever cooked.  Do you do much confit? 

Allan
Allan I am well.
Only ever duck confit and that seems like a life time ago(in my Elizabeth David period).

Lethevich

I was going to eat roasted pheasant with some friends, but it smelt so bad I couldn't force myself even out of cordiality. Last time this was cooked, the kitchen and surrounding corridors smelt of burning corpses for over 24 hours... :-X

Quote from: Muriel on November 04, 2007, 05:15:28 PM
Yankee pot roast?

Pot roast, yep, although I don't know enough about it to be aware of any specific/regional types :)

bwv 1080

Quote from: Lethe on November 05, 2007, 09:59:56 AM
I was going to eat roasted pheasant with some friends, but it smelt so bad I couldn't force myself even out of cordiality. Last time this was cooked, the kitchen and surrounding corridors smelt of burning corpses for over 24 hours... :-X

Pot roast, yep, although I don't know enough about it to be aware of any specific/regional types :)

Here in Texas I am not aware of such a thing as Rebel Pot Roast

sidoze

some sort of vegan Thai food which you can get a huge takeaway of for £3. I swear this is the sort of slop that they feed pigs with in Lithuania.

Lady Chatterley

Yes,roasted Lithuanian pig,with that hint of lemongrass!

toledobass

mmmmm.....Lithuanian lemongrass pork belly confit.

Lady Chatterley