What are you eating?

Started by toledobass, April 07, 2007, 11:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BachQ

Quote from: Don on November 14, 2007, 04:58:21 PM
As can be seen from the avatar, my alien dinner didn't go down too well.

Did you eat Harry?

Lady Chatterley

Saul

Tuna Salad with avocados and Fresh Mashrooms.
Cheese Cake with Coffee.

SonicMan46

Out to my little mountain bistro down the road:

Tonight - one of the specials was venison chops - delicious w/ a few glasses of Pinot Noir!  ;D

longears

Almonds & dried cranberries.

toledobass

The Mrs. made a delicious soup with roasted chicken, potatoes and cauliflower.  I'm having some with a baguette slathered in butter along with  a glass of Ravenswood Merlot to wash it all down.  It's completely satisfying and damn near perfect.

Allan

Lilas Pastia

This Thursday's lunch ewas made up of mushroom quiche ("catch of the day" coprinus comatus - pictured below) and tonight a slice of tomato and cheese pizza generously topped with anchovies 0:).

It's a very common Fall mushroom.

George

Carrot ginger soup and cornbread

(I'm sick)  :-[

bwv 1080

A light breakfast of 4 fried eggs, a T-bone steak and Jimmy Dean sausage

Sergeant Rock

the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Lilas Pastia

Coquilles St-Jacques (scallops, shrimp and fish in a white wine and cream sauce).

And for dessert: a good bénédictin bleu cheese with oak-aged strong apple cider - from the abbey of course!

SonicMan46

Quote from: Lilas Pastia on November 17, 2007, 09:17:41 PM
Coquilles St-Jacques (scallops, shrimp and fish in a white wine and cream sauce).

And for dessert: a good bénédictin bleu cheese with oak-aged strong apple cider - from the abbey of course

Andre - sounds great!  I love a cheese course for dessert (had several on our recent trip to Quebec!)  :D

Overnight in Charlotte to see the comedy musical The Drowsy Chaperone - an absolute delight!

Pre-theater dinner @ McCormick & Schmick's - shared a dozen oysters w/ wife (6 different types w/ half coming from Prince Edward Island & Nova Scotia, 2 from the East Coast, and remainder from British Columbia/Vancouver area - Canadians well represented!); light main course for me - wonderful piece of swordfish caught off the North Carolina coast w/ veggies; couple of glasses of Geyser Peak Sauvignon Blanc - quite delicious & not filling (hate to be stuffed @ a performance!) -  :)

Lady Chatterley

Quote from: bwv 1080 on November 17, 2007, 05:07:55 AM

You will be overpuffed.

toledobass

Quote from: bwv 1080 on November 17, 2007, 05:07:55 AM

The maple and sage?

longears

I may indulge in one of my favorite "bad for you" treats:  McDonalds' sausage mcmuffin with egg!  (Oh, yeah...I can feel my arteries clogging in anticipation!)

Bogey

Quote from: longears on November 18, 2007, 08:34:46 AM
I may indulge in one of my favorite "bad for you" treats:  McDonalds' sausage mcmuffin with egg!  (Oh, yeah...I can feel my arteries clogging in anticipation!)

My chest just tightened reading your post David....ummm, errrr, do you mind grabbing me a McDonald's breakfast Steak, Egg & Cheese Bagel while you're there.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

George

"Have it your way," fellas.