What are you eating?

Started by toledobass, April 07, 2007, 11:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longears

That's what middle age does for you, fellas!  Instead of washing down a couple of tabs of acid with a fifth of Jack Daniels and firing up the Harley for a cruise to Big Sur, living dangerously means eating egg yolks and holding on to growth stocks instead of rebalancing your portfolio!

Lady Chatterley

Quote from: longears on November 18, 2007, 12:03:35 PM
That's what middle age does for you, fellas!  Instead of washing down a couple of tabs of acid with a fifth of Jack Daniels and firing up the Harley for a cruise to Big Sur, living dangerously means eating egg yolks and holding on to growth stocks instead of rebalancing your portfolio!

Does riding the Harley get your heart rate up enough,go for a jog instead.

BachQ

Buffalo, pepper & onion omelette with Jimmy Dean Sausage (16 oz).

Lady Chatterley

Roast sirloin tip,roast potatoes,beets...should I make Yorkshire pudding?

Bogey

Quote from: Muriel on November 19, 2007, 04:24:38 PM
Roast sirloin tip,roast potatoes,beets...should I make Yorkshire pudding?

Absolutely, just remember the foil on the bottom of the oven or I'll smell it from Colorado....yum.  By the way, do you cook the beet greens as well.  Give me fresh beets and their greens along with a baked potato and I'm set.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Lethevich

Cumberland sausage. It unrolled and fitted down the entire length of a large baguette - it made a meal for me and 3 friends :P

Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

Bogey

Crab meat and lobster meat mixed together with Miracle Whip (you either love it or hate it) and spread on thickly sliced French bread that was bought this evening still warm from the bakery.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

toledobass

Remind you of home, Bogey?

Allan

Bogey

Quote from: toledobass on November 21, 2007, 05:29:31 AM
Remind you of home, Bogey?

Allan

It was definitely an attempt at that.  Unfortunately the lobster had been frozen and the crab came from a can.  My version of a "poor man's" lobster roll Allan.  I absolutely love living here in Colorado, however, there are some heavy prices that I must pay for my land-locked bliss.  Not having a fresh lobster roll at the ready is one of them:

Some places back east also add a leaf of lettuce.  I usually take that off and use it as a napkin.

karlhenning

Roasted pumpkin seeds, wasabi peanuts, and a cup of Kona

toledobass

Quote from: Bogey on November 21, 2007, 05:36:27 AM
It was definitely an attempt at that.  Unfortunately the lobster had been frozen and the crab came from a can.  My version of a "poor man's" lobster roll Allan.  I absolutely love living here in Colorado, however, there are some heavy prices that I must pay for my land-locked bliss.  Not having a fresh lobster roll at the ready is one of them:

Some places back east also add a leaf of lettuce.  I usually take that off and use it as a napkin.

I like to hold the lettuce too........and the bread and mayo :P

Allan

toledobass

I've been busy in the kitchen all morning.  Had the bird in brine and pulled that out.  Got some stock going.  Cut up some pork shoulder for the sausage I'll make for stuffing.  Started curing more pork belly.   Got a batch of pasta dough going for canneloni that I'll bring over to a hang of food wine and movies at a friends house.  Had eggs,  spinach and coffee and all this before noon!!!!!  If only I could figure out how to be this productive this early in other areas of my life I might feel like I'm getting something done!!!!!!

Allan

karlhenning

Lethevich

It probably tastes the same as the box containing it :'(
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

Bogey

Quote from: toledobass on November 21, 2007, 07:22:41 AM
I like to hold the lettuce too........and the bread and mayo :P

Allan

Gotta have those grains for breakfast Allan.  ;)

EmpNapoleon

I've chosen to keep away from my family and friends this Thanksgiving, and give thanks to myself.  As a result, I couldn't have a fancy dinner.  I eat like a stoic anyways.
Today:
Breakfast- Total Cereal, Skim Milk with Protein Whey, Nonfat Yogurt
Lunch- Banana, Chocolate Powerbar
Dinner- Veggie Burger, Vitamin Water, FiberRich Crackers, Jack's Links BBQ Pork Jerky, Canned Vegetables, Figs from Kalamata
After- Blueberry Scone, Canaloupe, Popsicle

about 10 servings grain(ish), 4 servings of vegetables, 4 servings fruit, 2.5 dairy, 2 servings meat
2650 calories

Bogey

This evenings fare:

Turkey
Dressing (no oysters in mine either Dave >:( :D)
Mashed potatoes with gravy
Corn
Peas
Squash
Turnip
Egg Plant Casserole-my favorite part of the meal
Asparagus (I know, I know, out of season, but still delicious. ;))
Shrimp
Apple pie
Pumpkin pie

Now time to roll home...literally.

greg

i ate a bag of coal this thanksgiving...
i've been a bad boy  :-[

Lilas Pastia

Quote from: EmpNapoleon on November 22, 2007, 04:14:13 PM
I've chosen to keep away from my family and friends this Thanksgiving, and give thanks to myself.  As a result, I couldn't have a fancy dinner.  I eat like a stoic anyways.
Today:
Breakfast- Total Cereal, Skim Milk with Protein Whey, Nonfat Yogurt
Lunch- Banana, Chocolate Powerbar
Dinner- Veggie Burger, Vitamin Water, FiberRich Crackers, Jack's Links BBQ Pork Jerky, Canned Vegetables, Figs from Kalamata
After- Blueberry Scone, Canaloupe, Popsicle

about 10 servings grain(ish), 4 servings of vegetables, 4 servings fruit, 2.5 dairy, 2 servings meat
2650 calories

That looks so awful on the page  :P. I sincerely wish you had a modicum of enjoyment gulping the stuff down.