What are you eating?

Started by toledobass, April 07, 2007, 11:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SonicMan46

Quote from: Bogey on November 22, 2007, 04:49:36 PM
This evenings fare:

Turkey - Dressing (no oysters in mine either Dave >:( :D)
Mashed potatoes with gravy ......................

Now time to roll home...literally.

Bill - looks like an absolute feast to me!  Presonally, I find oysters best raw on the half shell w/ little additions -  ;D  As a GI radiologist, if you need a recommendation for some antacids and/or PPI, send me a PM -  ;)  :D  Dave

EmpNapoleon

Quote from: Lilas Pastia on November 22, 2007, 05:29:46 PM
That looks so awful on the page  :P. I sincerely wish you had a modicum of enjoyment gulping the stuff down.

I did enjoy everything down to the canned, microwaved veggies.  I've gotten used to eating healthy, boring foods.  I had a blueberry scone.  That's not awful; it's delightful.

Lilas Pastia

Quote from: Bogey on November 22, 2007, 04:49:36 PM
This evenings fare:

Asparagus (I know, I know, out of season, but still delicious. ;))

White or green?

Bogey

Quote from: Lilas Pastia on November 22, 2007, 07:24:27 PM

White or green?

Green.  Would love to try some of that white, but have never seen it offered here.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Lilas Pastia

I've seen it many times in Germany/Belgium/Holland - normally around late Spring (May-June). A typical fare, overrated IMO.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spargel. I've had it boiled, in sauce, in soup, you name it.

I much prefer the tastier geen ones, even if they're canned (the taste is smokier).

White and green asparagus:

If you like heart of palm, you'll like the white asparagus. You can serve it in the same way: light dressing and croutons.

Note that the French Crème d'asperges always uses the geen variety. Google and have fun! Tip: adding a little Curry is green asparagus Crème  best kept secret!

SonicMan46

Well, no turkey for us yesterday, i.e. Thanksgiving - wife went to a church 'commune' dinner which I did not want to attend, so steamed up some Alaskan King Crab w/ a salad & some Chilean wine (Chardonnay from the Casablanca Vly) for myself - I was not unhappy!  ;D

The next day, we had a wonderful pheasant (baked w/ an apple recipe) along w/ some veggies - the meat was just wonderful - succulent & tasty - even the breast meat was nice and moist (a problem that I've observed w/ previous preparations of pheasant) - wine for the evening was a '04 Pinot Noir from Morgon (California Santa Lucia Highlands - aged over a year in my basement cellar - delicious!).   :)

uffeviking

And you ate and enjoyed the flesh of this beautiful bird?  :'(

Peregrine

Free-range Royal Berkshire back bacon, two free-range eggs, a chunk of ciabatta, a dollop of onion marmalade and a glass of mandarin juice.

Yum!

Yes, we have no bananas

Bogey

Quote from: Peregrine on November 24, 2007, 01:32:58 AM
Free-range Royal Berkshire back bacon, two free-range eggs,
Yum!

Nicely done here Peregrine....and might I say that your avatar(s) is always a pleasure to take in.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

toledobass

Quote from: Peregrine on November 24, 2007, 01:32:58 AM
Free-range Royal Berkshire back bacon, two free-range eggs, a chunk of ciabatta, a dollop of onion marmalade and a glass of mandarin juice.

Yum!

Here's the key word for me!!!!!

Allan

Peregrine

Quote from: Bogey on November 24, 2007, 06:02:44 AM
Nicely done here Peregrine....and might I say that your avatar(s) is always a pleasure to take in.

Thank-you!
8)
Yes, we have no bananas

Peregrine

Just gonna' roast one of these fella's:

Wild Mallard and have it with some mashed swede and some more Chianti...
Yes, we have no bananas

George

Lilas Pastia

Chicken cacciatore. Home recipe  :D

SonicMan46

Quote from: uffeviking on November 23, 2007, 07:49:01 PM
And you ate and enjoyed the flesh of this beautiful bird?  :'(

LOL -  ;D  Don't think it was that particular bird, but certainly one looking similar - fortunately, my wife just picked it up frozen & packaged - don't believe I could have 'shot it' in the wild! (I'm not a hunter, so not a concern) - actually, my 'saddest' food relationship is veal - just love it!  But, always see those cute little calves -  :'(  Dave

Peregrine

Buttered crumpets with some of my Aunt's Quince jam from this years harvest. Delicious!
Yes, we have no bananas

Bogey

I was eating a bowl of Trix cereal....now I am cleaning it off of my computer screen.

Peregrine

Quote from: Bogey on November 25, 2007, 05:30:10 AM
I was eating a bowl of Trix cereal....now I am cleaning it off of my computer screen.

Whoops!

:-\
Yes, we have no bananas

Bogey

Kullervo

Fried ham (leftover from Thanksgiving) and eggs. :)