What are you eating?

Started by toledobass, April 07, 2007, 11:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scriptavolant

I've tried this, and loved it.

It's raw garlic in olive oil. Not strong as fried garlic, not unpleasant as (for me) cooked garlic. Very crispy, mmmh.

George

Quote from: Bogey on November 25, 2007, 05:30:10 AM
I was eating a bowl of Trix cereal....now I am cleaning it off of my computer screen.

Silly Bogey, Trix are for kids.  ;D

12tone.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch is where it's at!

toledobass

Open faced turkey sandwich.

Allan

Bogey

Quote from: toledobass on November 25, 2007, 10:34:07 AM
Open faced turkey sandwich.

Allan

With gravy I presume?  (And lots of black pepper and a few chunks of the dressing on mine.)
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

toledobass

Yup,  tons of stuffing and loads of gravy.  A small dollop of cranberry on the side.  Fenlon called it the mile high diner special or something like that.

Allan

Lilas Pastia

Good-sized pieces of portuguese farm cheese and benedictine monks bleu cheese from here. With a glass of Costières-de-Nîmes. Life is good... ;D

Bogey

Quote from: toledobass on November 25, 2007, 12:14:38 PM
Yup,  tons of stuffing and loads of gravy.  A small dollop of cranberry on the side.  Fenlon called it the mile high diner special or something like that.

Allan

Due to your post, just had one myself.  Same dollop garnish included, but threw some left over peas and corn on top of the sandwich to give it some color.  ;D
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

SonicMan46

Tonight, eating @ home - venison medallions medium rare in a brown wine mushroom sauce + sauteed spinach - along w/ some Morgon '04 Pinot Noir from the Central Coast of California - excellent!  :D

Bogey

Tonights main course:

Balsamic Glazed Pork Chops

SonicMan46

Quote from: Bogey on November 25, 2007, 06:27:33 PM
Tonights main course:

Balsamic Glazed Pork Chops

Bill - sounds delicious - I love pork tenderloins, esp. w/ a marinade & cooked still pink!

Tonight, sushi-grade tuna bought locally, seared just a minute per side (pre-marinaded) w/ a salad veggie side - quite lite! (pic below is what the tuna looked like, not the same presentation!); wine was an Oregon '04 Pinot Noir from Lemelson (Thea Vyd) - been aging in my cellar for about a year - fine combination (just my personal preference - love Pinot Noir w/ salmon & tuna - best argument for 'red' wine & fish together!) -  ;D

orbital

Cooked some white quinoa with olive oil and chopped parsley. Next to that, some [mock] chicken strips with homemade tomato based sauce. Sliced kirby cucumbers for refreshment  0:)

Saul

Tuna salad with a scoop of egg salad with fresh Mashrooms and veggies.
Hot starbucks chocolate with whip cream.

toledobass

Quote from: Saul on November 27, 2007, 11:52:42 AM
Tuna salad with a scoop of egg salad with fresh mushrooms and veggies.
Hot starbucks chocolate with whip cream.

Fixed your post.

Haffner

Jif Peanut Butter sandwich with Ramen chicken noodle.

Delicious and supa-cheap!

val

I just finished eating an yogurt and went out to have a very strong espresso. My breakfast.

toledobass

My first experiments with dry curing meats came out of the curing chamber today.  I made some duck proscuitto and damn is it good.  Luscious,  glistening fat and slightly salty gamey flesh....I wish you were all here to try one of the thinly sliced pieces.  I should have made more because it's gonna be gone by tonight.  Next up is dry cured pork belly.

I'll post some pics later this afternoon.

Allan

Saul

Quote from: Scriptavolant on November 25, 2007, 07:45:52 AM
I've tried this, and loved it.

It's raw garlic in olive oil. Not strong as fried garlic, not unpleasant as (for me) cooked garlic. Very crispy, mmmh.

How did your co-workers respond?

toledobass

Quote from: toledobass on November 29, 2007, 08:51:41 AM
My first experiments with dry curing meats came out of the curing chamber today.  I made some duck proscuitto and damn is it good.  Luscious,  glistening fat and slightly salty gamey flesh....I wish you were all here to try one of the thinly sliced pieces.  I should have made more because it's gonna be gone by tonight.  Next up is dry cured pork belly.

I'll post some pics later this afternoon.

Allan

Here are the pics.  This was roughly a 2 week process.  Some of the color looks horrible in these shots and none of the good detail comes through.  It's really damn good though and the easiest thing in the world to do.

duck prosciutto

Allan