What are you eating?

Started by toledobass, April 07, 2007, 11:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arkiv

Carrots in chipotle broth.

Turbot nouveaux

Quiche, salad of chard and beetroot leaves, local artisan-baked rye bread, locally brewed golden ale.

SurprisedByBeauty

Just spinach, whole leaf... sauteed with garlic and ginger and fresh pepper.

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: SurprisedByBeauty on December 17, 2017, 10:17:11 AM

Mrs. Rock made the same thing as part of last night's dinner! We had baked cod with it and a pasta salad.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: SurprisedByBeauty on December 17, 2017, 10:17:11 AM

Now, mix that with scrambled eggs.

Brian

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on December 18, 2017, 04:02:53 AM
Now, mix that with scrambled eggs.
A restaurant here in Dallas has begun serving $24 scrambled eggs. There's a spoonful of caviar on top.

Baron Scarpia

Home prepared Hearst Ranch Filet Mignon, grass fed cattle raised on coastal ranch lands in San Simeon, California. Accompanied by baked beets and a nice Tempranillo.

SurprisedByBeauty

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on December 17, 2017, 03:08:36 PM
Mrs. Rock made the same thing as part of last night's dinner! We had baked cod with it and a pasta salad.

Sarge

it had been a test-run for dinner tonight, officially inaugurating the new kitchen in the apartment i renovated over the last year. Tonight I went a tad further in two directions: one classic, adding feta cheese to one batch (w/out ginger) and tiny köttbullar to another, asian-esque batch with ginger, soy sauce, and toasted sesame seeds.

Tried a bunch of wines along with it... but most of the whites were beyond the pale; stored too long in an inadequate cellar. Shame, too, because they were a bunch of 2012 Wittmann wines... GBs & Rieslings. (Also: Feth, 2014; most of which were no good, except for a Chardonnay.)
We finally settled on a fine red Cuvee from Argentina that was still good.

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: SurprisedByBeauty on December 18, 2017, 03:26:28 PM
it had been a test-run for dinner tonight, officially inaugurating the new kitchen in the apartment i renovated over the last year. Tonight I went a tad further in two directions: one classic, adding feta cheese to one batch (w/out ginger) and tiny köttbullar to another, asian-esque batch with ginger, soy sauce, and toasted sesame seeds.

Sounds delicious. We'll have to try those recipes

Quote from: SurprisedByBeauty on December 18, 2017, 03:26:28 PM
Tried a bunch of wines along with it... but most of the whites were beyond the pale; stored too long in an inadequate cellar. Shame, too, because they were a bunch of 2012 Wittmann wines... GBs & Rieslings.

Shame indeed  :(  With Rheinhessen whites, drinking sooner rather than later is recommended.

Sarge

Sergeant Rock

Tonight, Mrs. Rock excelled. A pasta dish with lobster tails (chopped and whole), stock (made from the lobster shells and veggies), saffron, cream and a dash of Cognac. We drank Champagne (Piper Heidsieck Brut).

Sarge

Sergeant Rock

Mrs. Rock and I had dinner tonight at the Al Fiume located on the banks of the Rhine in Worms. I had Swordfish Messina (tomato sauce with capers, black olives, garlic, anchovies). Mrs. Rock had the bizarre Pizza Frank (bacon, tuna and gorgonzola). We drank a superb Sicilian Nero d'avola.

Sarge

NikF

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on January 11, 2018, 10:27:04 AM
Mrs. Rock and I had dinner tonight at the Al Fiume located on the banks of the Rhine in Worms. I had Swordfish Messina (tomato sauce with capers, black olives, garlic, anchovies). Mrs. Rock had the bizarre Pizza Frank (bacon, tuna and gorgonzola). We drank a superb Sicilian Nero d'avola.

Sarge

This puts a smile on my cynical old fez. Good stuff.
"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".

Sergeant Rock

Mrs. Rock's parents treated us to a superb Greek meal at the Paradies in Lampertheim Germany (Mrs. Rock's home town). I had charcoal grilled Dorade (gilt-head sea bream) and calamari with grilled veggies, fried potatoes and tzatziki. Mrs. Rock had a mixed grill platter with lamb, liver and gyros. We drank a Nemea reserve.

Sarge

Sergeant Rock

A jointly made dinner tonight. I made a potato salad and helped prepare Mrs. Rock's whole chicken which was roasted on a bed of root vegetables and white wine (which she turned into a delicious sauce). Served with kale fried in pork lard and bacon (turning a healthy dish into a not-so-healthy dish  ;D...but who cares? Life is short, and getting shorter). We drank a 2017 New Zealand Sauvignon blanc (The Ned) and had champagne for dessert (Tarlant Brut Reserve http://www.tarlant.com/en/champagne-brut-reserve.htm )

Sarge

Ken B

Danish food. I made Danish meatballs in sour cream dill sauce, and braised cabbage with balsamic, fennel and caraway seeds.

EddieRUKiddingVarese

"Everyone is born with genius, but most people only keep it a few minutes"
and I need the knits, the double knits!

Omicron9

I really want to say that it's *not* peanut butter M&Ms.
"Signature-line free since 2017!"

NikF

"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".

ritter

Quote from: NikF on March 09, 2018, 12:08:44 PM

For a moment, I thought you were having this  ;):

I always have some when in Scotland (which is relatively often).

Good evening, NikF!

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: NikF on March 09, 2018, 12:08:44 PM

We love cottage cheese. I take mine with a dollop of strawberry preserves. Mrs. Rock consumes hers straight  ;D

Sarge