What are you eating?

Started by toledobass, April 07, 2007, 11:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longears

Quote from: orbital on December 26, 2007, 09:14:29 AM

GOt my self a couple of cases of this one from Whole Foods. They somehow had the green/yellow ones which are really sour and quite juicy. I've been having about 8-10 of these daily  :-[
Yum yum!  Our local market's been selling cases of ripe Clementines for $5 since mid-November.  About time to head for the store for another one!  Meanwhile, we just have to make do with a breakfast of honey-baked ham and pecan pie.

orbital

Quote from: George on December 26, 2007, 09:21:20 AM
Cases?  :o
They come in cases like that one in the picture. Between the two of us, we can consume one case in a few days. It is really hard to find this good clementines/tangerines/mandarines in NY. You guys are the only place with the good stuff  8)

Bogey

Quote from: orbital on December 26, 2007, 09:33:45 AM
They come in cases like that one in the picture. Between the two of us, we can consume one case in a few days. It is really hard to find this good clementines/tangerines/mandarines in NY. You guys are the only place with the good stuff  8)

We have a case in our fridge as well.  Problem is tht a case only last a few days at our house.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

George

Quote from: orbital on December 26, 2007, 09:33:45 AM

If only working there was as good.  :-\

Kullervo

If it weren't for clementines and/or tangerines I would have died of scurvy by now! ;D

The Emperor

Chocolates, cakes, etc basically getting fat lol (hope not!)

Siedler

SonicMan46

HAPPY NEW YEAR, ALL!

New Year's Eve - similar 'snack' dinner shown on a previous page, i.e. caviar, cheeses, & smoked trout/salmon along w/ the small breads/crackers + a bottle of the bubbly! (just good ole Chandaon Blanc de Noirs) - and watched the festive That's Entertainment;D

longears

What am I eating?  Much less, I hope, now that the holiday season is ending!

Kullervo

Quote from: longears on January 01, 2008, 07:58:55 AM
What am I eating?  Much less, I hope, now that the holiday season is ending!

Seconded. I would also like to shake off this feeling of sloth that has set in since the end of November (hence my increased posting since then).

M forever

Today, I shucked 15 oysters, the first time I ever did that. I actually had to look up online how that works. I messed up the first 2 or 3 a bit, but the rest worked out pretty well even though I don't have an actual oyster knife. I didn't even stab myself! Then I put a little bit of horse radish, some hot cocktail sauce and some lemon juice on the oysters and made them all vanish, mercilessly, one by one. I had planned to put some spring onions on them as well. But I forgot these when I went shopping.

MishaK

New Year's Eve Dinner:

First course: Butternut Squash Soup with Brown Butter, Sage & Nutmeg Crème Fraîche

Second course: Fingerling Potato Salad with Frisée and Black Truffles

Main Course: Duck Tataki with Wasabi Salsa

Dessert: Old-fashioned Apple Pie

bhodges

Quote from: O Mensch on January 03, 2008, 10:27:11 AM
New Year's Eve Dinner:

Did you make all that?  It looks fantastic!

--Bruce

MishaK

Quote from: bhodges on January 03, 2008, 10:32:51 AM
Did you make all that?  It looks fantastic!

Thanks. It was a cooperative effort. I was responsible for the potatoes and the duck and for whipping the crème fraîche for the soup. My wife took care of the soup and she and her friend did the pie.

The wine (the bottom of the decanter is visible in the third picture) was a 2001 Pommard.

M forever

What is that on top of the "Duck Tataki"?

MishaK

Quote from: M forever on January 03, 2008, 10:38:54 AM
What is that on top of the "Duck Tataki"?

Roasted leek slices and capers. There is a sort of wasabi chutney/salsa in between and the brown juice around it is Ponzu sauce. The duck is basically just trimmed and seared. The recipe is from the Nobu West cookbook.

toledobass

I like those bowls the soup is served in.  What kind are they?  Where did you get them?

Nice looking food.

Allan

MishaK

Quote from: toledobass on January 03, 2008, 11:32:54 AM
I like those bowls the soup is served in.  What kind are they?  Where did you get them?

They were a wedding gift. Brand is Nambé.

Siedler

M forever

Quote from: toledobass on January 03, 2008, 11:32:54 AM
I like those bowls the soup is served in.

I don't. They look too much like hospital accessories.