What are you eating?

Started by toledobass, April 07, 2007, 11:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogey

Quote from: SonicMan on February 07, 2008, 05:26:40 PM
Wife gone all day (volunteer work & early evening choir), so had to make some dinner myself - so 'leftovers' night for me - had some of the last of Lidia's Bolognese sauce made fresh a week or so ago - from the cookbook below (recipe HERE) - only change was a subsitute of buffalo meat for the beef - just boiled up some pasta & heated up the sauce - a little red wine & a wonderful dish; an excellent 'versatile' sauce - and a great cookbook!  ;D

And just a note folks, this is as close to a Swanson's TV Dinner that you will ever see Dave eat.   ;D
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

uffeviking

Nothing wrong with that, Dave! I mentioned before I have at least ten meals of my own Killer Pasta Sauce in the freezer, and yes it's the one with the very dry Buffalo meat. That's the only way this kind of meat can be made palatable. But Dave, where is the salad with your meal? Tomatoes, English cucumber, spinach, and a few green olives stuffed with garlic! Spanish Star garlic flavoured olive oil and French tarragon wine vinegar as dressing.

With a glass of Kiona Lemberger, of course!  8)

SonicMan46

Quote from: uffeviking on February 07, 2008, 07:49:05 PM
Nothing wrong with that, Dave! I mentioned before I have at least ten meals of my own Killer Pasta Sauce in the freezer, and yes it's the one with the very dry Buffalo meat........With a glass of Kiona Lemberger, of course!  8)

Hi, Lis - you're so right - I love a GOOD Bolognese sauce on a little pasta - and we've always enjoyed Lidia's cookbook (used to watch her TV show often) - still have to get my hands on some of that Lemberger you keep mentioning - posted on a 'new' book on WA State wines in the 'wine thread', and there certainly was some discussion on that grape - Dave  :D  (BTW, wife did make a 'bunch of batches' of that sauce, so still some left to eat!)

MN Dave

Tonight, it's Ruth's Chris so: STEAK. MARTINI. ...and such...

toledobass

Yummy,  I haven't been in years but one of those butter slathered steak sounds awesome.  Is it a special occasion?

Allan

MN Dave

Quote from: toledobass on February 08, 2008, 05:58:52 AM
Yummy,  I haven't been in years but one of those butter slathered steak sounds awesome.  Is it a special occasion?

Allan

It's my brother-in-law's birthday. My wife and I were also going there next week for Valentine's day, but we'll see how the service/food is tonight.

MN Dave

Someone changed the plans and we are now going to Maggiano's tonight instead. I still want my martini though.  ;D

bhodges

Quote from: MN Dave on February 08, 2008, 07:17:35 AM
Someone changed the plans and we are now going to Maggiano's tonight instead. I still want my martini though.  ;D

Gin or vodka, and olive or twist?  :D

--Bruce

MN Dave

Quote from: bhodges on February 08, 2008, 07:20:17 AM
Gin or vodka, and olive or twist?  :D

--Bruce

Tanqueray (sp?) and olives, please.

SonicMan46

Dave - have a nice night (and drink) out!  :D  We're planning to go to a place called the Oriental Cafe - serves a variety of far eastern cuisines - I usually get sushi w/ several Kirin beers; wife prefers the 'cooked' meals, esp. Thai or Japanese - always a fun place!  :)

MN Dave

Quote from: SonicMan on February 08, 2008, 07:21:59 AM
Dave - have a nice night (and drink) out!  :D  We're planning to go to a place called the Oriental Cafe - serves a variety of far eastern cuisines - I usually get sushi w/ several Kirin beers; wife prefers the 'cooked' meals, esp. Thai or Japanese - always a fun place!  :)

Sushi, eh? I'm scared of that.

bhodges

Quote from: MN Dave on February 08, 2008, 07:21:27 AM
Tanqueray (sp?) and olives, please.

0:) 

(Although I also love Bombay Sapphire, Plymouth and just discovered Martin Miller's.)

--Bruce

MN Dave

Quote from: bhodges on February 08, 2008, 07:27:34 AM
0:) 

(Although I also love Bombay Sapphire, Plymouth and just discovered Martin Miller's.)

--Bruce

I also like a good G&T.  8)

I guess I'm a gin guy.

SonicMan46

Quote from: MN Dave on February 08, 2008, 07:25:52 AM
Sushi, eh? I'm scared of that.

Well, I've been eating the stuff for nearly 30 years, and still around!  ;D  We also love raw oysters on the half shelf (probably shared at least 3 dozen on our recent Florida vacation posted a page or two back!) - Dave

BachQ

Quote from: SonicMan on February 08, 2008, 07:34:35 AM
Well, I've been eating [Sushi] for nearly 30 years, and still around! 

Have you checked your mercury levels recently?  ;)

SonicMan46

Quote from: Dm on February 08, 2008, 07:37:19 AM
Have you checked your mercury levels recently?  ;)

Dm - LOL!  ;D  But, actually that is certainly an important concern, esp. for pregnant ladies & children; since we eat a lot of seafood, I do keep a watch on the mercury levels in fish - shellfish, one of our favs is fine (although one might catch other 'things' eating the stuff raw, as we do!); for sushi, just eat that a couple times a month (usually stick to tuna, salmon, & yellowtail) - it's mainly those fish that are 'high' on the food chain, and my main concern is swordfish, a favorite, so order it only 3-4 times a year - for those interested (as you should be if seafood is a BIG part of your diet), take a look at the US FDA Tables:)

Bogey

It is too bad you will not be able to hold up that napkin tonight!  ;D
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

toledobass

I stopped by a Cleveland treasure, Hot Sauce Williams, on the way back form another long rehearsal tonight.  Picked some fried chicken,  mac and cheese,  collard greens and some barbecue sauce on the side.  A nice glass of bourbon to wash it all down.

Allan