What are you eating?

Started by toledobass, April 07, 2007, 11:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Chatterley

Quote from: bhodges on February 08, 2008, 07:27:34 AM
0:) 

(Although I also love Bombay Sapphire, Plymouth and just discovered Martin Miller's.)

--Bruce

Bruce,
My grateful kids bought me a bottle of Bombay Sapphire for Christmas ,it was delicious.

As for Sushi ,it's fun (and easy)served family style with all the ingredients in bowls on the table for guests to make there own cones.I'm not worried about the mercury ,the amounts of fish in cone style sushi are quite diminutive .

bhodges

Quote from: Muriel on February 11, 2008, 10:23:09 AM
Bruce,
My grateful kids bought me a bottle of Bombay Sapphire for Christmas ,it was delicious.

Now that's gratitude!   :D  (And I hope "was" means that it now must be replaced.  ;D)  It really is tasty.  Although I like it just fine in a martini, lately I've been mixing it with fruit juice (e.g., orange or grapefruit) and some Aperol, a bitter made by the Campari people.  Very refreshing.

--Bruce

Lady Chatterley

Quote from: bhodges on February 11, 2008, 10:32:29 AM
... and some Aperol, a bitter made by the Campari people.  Very refreshing.

--Bruce

Sounds delicious.I love some of the Campari products,I tried a lemon/lime aparitif that was a bit cloying,but have always enjoyed the dry.I must say that it was hard to keep any vermouths in the larder as I was often splashing it in the chicken.

toledobass

I'm making brownies.  Using Mark Bittman's recipe and 70% Scharffen Berger chocolate.

Allan

david johnson

home made gumbo with leek soup mix stirred in.  slurp!

dj

Bogey

There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

toledobass

Awful start to the day today.  On top of waking up an hour and a half later than intended it's snowing like crazy outside and it seems the city decided to give the plow drivers the day off.  I'm cutting my losses and rather than doing anything I'm supposed to be doing I'm going to make some onion soup.  I've got beef bones roasting for stock right now.  I'll probably make a quiche too since I've got stuff on hand that I can throw together to make something decent.

Allan

Lethevich

Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

toledobass

Made some ham and cheese crepes, slathered in bechamel, of course.

Allan

MN Dave

For lunch, Mrs. MN Dave made me a ham, turkey and cheddar cheese hoagie with chips on the side, bless her.

MishaK

I just had falafel for lunch from the middle eastern place down the street.

toledobass

Some take out before going to see some live music tonight, pad thai from right down the street at Lemongrass.

Allan

orbital

Our favorite Greek place again tonight.
My menu will consist of typical fare for me there: Green salad with crumbled feta cheese, olive oil, lemon juice, scallions and dill + Kafteri + Lima Beans + Saganaki (I may skip that tonight) + Fried eggplants and squash with yogurt and  a surprise vegetable dish if the owner has cooked one. Either ouzo or Retsina house wine to drink and loukmades on the house as dessert.

M forever

A Greek meal with only vegetarian stuff? That doesn't sound very Greek to me. At least some fish has to be in there somewhere, too! And definitely some taramosalata.

orbital

Quote from: M forever on February 15, 2008, 06:27:10 PM
A Greek meal with only vegetarian stuff? That doesn't sound very Greek to me. At least some fish has to be in there somewhere, too! And definitely some taramosalata.
M, there is always fish on the table (Aegean Sea Bass flown in from Greece actually) but I don't eat it, being a vegeterian. Others ordered taramosolata too, but from our talks later on  :-\, I think it was too garlicky   :-X