What are you eating?

Started by toledobass, April 07, 2007, 11:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogey

There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

George

Quote from: Bill in the Rockies on March 16, 2008, 03:26:15 PM
A few of these, until I read the nutrion label.  >:(  Do they make them without the added oil?

Sure they do:

(Couldn't resist)  ;D

orbital

Quote from: Drasko on March 16, 2008, 03:45:10 PM
And how is their Hip Chop, hopefully better than at that Alpha place?
Don't know no Hip Chop, but I got some Chinese Hip Hop off a CD the band was giving out on the street.  >:D

Quote from: toledobass on March 16, 2008, 07:43:59 PM
It seems like I'm only warming up after my first 8 pieces of dim sum. >:D ;D :D

Allan 
I could only eat 5  :-[, we had an entree ordered as well, but it was wrapped to go. We couldn't even touch it.

toledobass

A local restaurant closed up shop in there old location and moved into my neighborhood.  Plagued with delays I thought it would never open but somehow it did just that while I was away in California.  Tonight was the Mrs and my first chance to make it over.  The new space is beautiful and the food remains excellent.  It's really nice to be able to walk over,  even with the crazy snow we're getting right now.  Anatolia Cafe

Allan

Bogey

Quote from: George on March 16, 2008, 08:36:12 PM

Sure they do:

(Couldn't resist)  ;D

I better check for blood, 'cause I just got tagged!
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

George

Quote from: Bill in the Rockies on March 19, 2008, 06:42:47 PM
I better check for blood, 'cause I just got tagged!

Whaddup, Bill!!  :)

BorisG

Breakfast: Peanut Butter on Toast with Banana

Lunch: Meatloaf Sandwich

Dinner: Pork Tenderloin Stir-Fry

toledobass

The Mrs. made some raisin bread french toast this morning.

Allan

orbital

toledobass

They do, the layout of the site makes it look like they don't have them up, but if you click on menu instead of the tabs undeneath you get that stuff too.  Here are the apps:  Anatolia Apps.  I was eyeing a liver dish for an appetizer last night, but the wife wouldn't be able to partake so we split some zucchini pancakes instead.  They had a nice sauce on them too but I can't remember what it was. :(

Allan

orbital

Quote from: toledobass on March 20, 2008, 07:33:03 AM
They do, the layout of the site makes it look like they don't have them up, but if you click on menu instead of the tabs undeneath you get that stuff too.  Here are the apps:  Anatolia Apps.  I was eyeing a liver dish for an appetizer last night, but the wife wouldn't be able to partake so we split some zucchini pancakes instead.  They had a nice sauce on them too but I can't remember what it was. :(

Allan
Liver a-la-Albania as it is called in Turkey (I don't know why). It is particularly good if you like liver. Small cubes cooked in a fry-pan with onions, oregano+spices.  I could never get into those types of meat, the texture never did it for me (the same goes for kidneys).

The fried zucchini (together with fried eggplants and cuban peppers) is excellent with the tomato sauce and yogurt  :) IF you had the tomato  sauce I don't what is in there, but my mother cooks it and I know it requires some particular spices.

For a meat eater, the thin pitas drenched with the Ezme salad and topped with lamb shish cubes is heavenly  0:)

toledobass

Headed to another spot within walking distance from home.  Not always the most inspired food but if you navigate the menu well you can eat pretty well.  It's all well prepared and the happy hours rock.  Here's the menu: Lopez

Allan

SonicMan46

Off on a long weekend trip to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina - although we visit the Carolina Coast often, has been a long time since a trip to Myrtle Beach - a lot more development, shopping, restaurants, etc. - will explore!

First night, dinner @ theSea Captain's House- dating back to 1930 - 'old time' restaurant on the ocean - our first visit, and quite enjoyable!

Started out w/ sharing a dozen oysters on the half shelf (homemade cocktail sauce & fresh horseradish - delicious!) & a cup of 'she-crab' soup (fabulous).  Nice salad w/ a homemade 'ginger soy' dressing - nice.

Main course for me a special for the night - mahi-mahi seared w/ a crab/ragout topping - must have been brought just off the boat; LOML had a crab meat casserole that was quite tasty, too!

Not enough room left for dessert, but there was a 'bread pudding' offering that sounded delightful!

For me, a couple of glasses of the new vintage Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc - have a few bottles of this in my cellar (2007 - a recommendation if you're into this grape!) -  :D

BachQ

Quote from: Bill in the Rockies on March 16, 2008, 07:54:00 PM
Bowl of cottage cheese.

Living life on the wild side, we see ..........

toledobass

I've been craving a baked potato so the Mrs. went and picked up a chicken for me to roast and some broccoli to steam to build a meal around our potatoes. 

Allan

Sergeant Rock

Tonight being Good Friday we went traditional and had fish: broiled Dorade (gilthead seabream), basmati rice with roasted pine nuts, and fresh spinach we bought from a produce market yesterday:

I opened a special bottle of wine: a 1996 Alsation Riesling, Grand Cru Schoenenbourg from Domaine Mittnacht-Klack in Riquewihr:

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: toledobass on March 21, 2008, 12:39:35 PM
I've been craving a baked potato so the Mrs. went and picked up a chicken for me to roast and some broccoli to steam to build a meal around our potatoes. 

Allan

That's one of my favorite meals, Allan. I roast a chicken nearly every week and broccoli usually goes with it. I alternate baked potatoes with potato salad.

Sarge

toledobass

Look at the skin on that fish.  Someone is a master on the broiler. 

Allan

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: toledobass on March 21, 2008, 01:04:30 PM
Look at the skin on that fish.  Someone is a master on the broiler. 

Allan

I tell you, it was perfection. Completely crispy skin but the meat itself was succulent. Mrs. Rock rules. (She's nornally cooks our fish meals. I still have trouble gettting fish right.) Her rice and spinach were sensational too, the spinach in olive oil and butter with chunks of garlic.

Sarge