What are you eating?

Started by toledobass, April 07, 2007, 11:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uffeviking

Quote from: George on April 06, 2008, 08:32:59 AM
Maybe yours are a tad too ripe?

A possibility, George! I asked a hispanic employee at the store and he told me his wife simply bites into the top and pulls off the skin with her teeth and then cuts off the rest with a sharp knife. I tried this method too, you guessed it: Got juice and pulp all over my chin! Papayas it will be.  ;D

Kullervo

Quote from: uffeviking on April 05, 2008, 07:23:34 PM
George, is there an easy way to get all the flesh off the mango? I pull off the skin and end up with both hands dripping with delicious juice but hardly any flesh comes off that huge pit.  >:(

I cut the peel with the end of the knife (only going skin-deep) into quarters, and pull them off. To get the flesh off the pit, I slice down through the fruit on the flatter sides.

George

Quote from: uffeviking on April 06, 2008, 09:52:09 AM
A possibility, George! I asked a hispanic employee at the store and he told me his wife simply bites into the top and pulls off the skin with her teeth and then cuts off the rest with a sharp knife. I tried this method too, you guessed it: Got juice and pulp all over my chin! Papayas it will be.  ;D

Tis a shame. Very funny story though.  ;D

SonicMan46

Tonight, our neighborhood 'mountain bistro' - elk the last time there (which started a number of interesting posts) - hopefully more benign tonight - wonderful halibut dish, grilled w/ a cajun spiced dusting - accompanied by a ragout of tomatoes/artichoke, which I mixed w/ my spinach side-dish - was wonderful together!  Of course, a couple glasses of wine, Pinot Grigio from Oregon (King Estate) - all delicious!  :D

toledobass

Lethevich

Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

toledobass

Just a few thick noodles stuck together. 

Allan

Bogey

Quote from: toledobass on April 07, 2008, 06:31:59 PM

Allan

I would love to wake up tomorrow and find a box of this in my fridge Allan.  Love left-over Chinese food....my second choice to Trenton lobsta'. ;)
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Lethevich

Quote from: toledobass on April 07, 2008, 06:31:59 PM
Thanks. It was a dumb question but I was trying to think of every vegetable I've encountered, and none fitted :D Noodle makes much more sense.
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

toledobass

Quote from: Bogey on April 07, 2008, 08:35:37 PM
I would love to wake up tomorrow and find a box of this in my fridge Allan.  Love left-over Chinese food....my second choice to Trenton lobsta'. ;)
left-over lobstah?

I can't wait to hit the pound for some clams.
Allan 

Sergeant Rock

Although we live in Germany we don't often eat bratwurst...but when we do it's a treat. To accompany the sausage: fried potatoes and onions, red cabbage and an intensely bitter and delicious beer from the north, Jever:

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

BorisG

Solitary Wanderer

A delicious anniversay dinner at this resturant last night.

My starter was this:

Very similiar to beef.

Followed by a main of this:

which was quite delicious!

:D

'I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.' ~ Emily Bronte

Bogey

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on April 08, 2008, 06:41:32 AM
Although we live in Germany we don't often eat bratwurst...but when we do it's a treat. To accompany the sausage: fried potatoes and onions, red cabbage and an intensely bitter and delicious beer from the north, Jever:

Sarge

That better not be ketchup on your plate Sarge!
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

SonicMan46

Quote from: Solitary Wanderer on April 08, 2008, 06:49:43 PM
A delicious anniversay dinner at this resturant last night.

My starter was this:

Very similiar to beef.

SW - kangaroo is an animal that I've not had the opportunity to try yet, but must remedy that soon!  ;D

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: Bogey on April 08, 2008, 08:21:45 PM
That better not be ketchup on your plate Sarge!

Holds his head in shame... It is ketchup...specifically Heinz. A taste I acquired in childhood. Mrs Rock is appalled too. I'm probably the only person on earth who enjoys ketchup with his brats. Mrs. Rock usually has sweet Bavarian mustard but she had a gourment mustard infused with truffles on this occasion. In my defense I eat brats with mustard when I'm away from home.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Solitary Wanderer

Quote from: SonicMan on April 09, 2008, 06:15:38 AM
SW - kangaroo is an animal that I've not had the opportunity to try yet, but must remedy that soon!  ;D

Try it soon Dave; it will put a spring in your step!  :D
'I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.' ~ Emily Bronte

Bogey

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on April 09, 2008, 06:40:49 AM
Holds his head in shame... It is ketchup...specifically Heinz. A taste I acquired in childhood. Mrs Rock is appalled too. I'm probably the only person on earth who enjoys ketchup with his brats. Mrs. Rock usually has sweet Bavarian mustard but she had a gourment mustard infused with truffles on this occasion. In my defense I eat brats with mustard when I'm away from home.

Sarge

This one is for you Sarge and any other Dirty Harry fans out there. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5JIpT4GkyM