What are you eating?

Started by toledobass, April 07, 2007, 11:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary Wanderer

Quote from: Bogey on April 09, 2008, 03:35:29 PM
This one is for you Sarge and any other Dirty Harry fans out there. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5JIpT4GkyM

Yep, Harry's right;only mustard on a 'dog'  :)
'I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.' ~ Emily Bronte

SonicMan46

Tonight, our local Thai restaurant - shared some 'fresh rolls w/ shrimp' which we love, comes w/ an excellent sauce (our usual start there; kind of like the ones shown below, left); two main dishes w/ lots of veggies, one pork & the other a sizzling shrimp/scallop plate - couple of Thai beers for me (love that brand!) - we usually love one of their 'hotter' curry dishes w/ fish balls, but not tonight (next time!) -  ;D

Lilas Pastia

Sarge, ketchup can be redeemed by mixing it with powdered curry. It's delicious with any kind of sausage. Kurrywurst is a staple all over Germany, and the easiest way around is ketchup + curry.

I have a choice between ostrich and kangaroo for my next gourmet meal with my best friend. We'll have a Columbia Valley Cabernet Sauvignon. Any suggestions?

SonicMan46

Quote from: Lilas Pastia on April 09, 2008, 04:51:49 PM
I have a choice between ostrich and kangaroo for my next gourmet meal with my best friend. We'll have a Columbia Valley Cabernet Sauvignon. Any suggestions?

AndrĂ© - well, I've had a LOT of ostrich and can certainly recommend a try (but cannot provide any comparison comments) - despite ostrich being a BIG bird, the meat is red - suggest medium rare at the most (very lean meat, i.e. comparable to chicken breast in fat/cholesterol); I usually have a Pinot Noir, but the wine mentioned above would be fine - please let us know your choice!   :D  Dave

Bogey

There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Brian

A couple dozen Reese's cups.

Again.

MN Dave

Solitary Wanderer

Quote from: Lilas Pastia on April 09, 2008, 04:51:49 PM

I've had both and I prefer ostrich - delicious!  :)
'I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.' ~ Emily Bronte

George

George

Quote from: Solitary Wanderer on April 09, 2008, 03:47:01 PM
Yep, Harry's right;only mustard on a 'dog'  :)

I used to love mine with a slice of white american cheese.

I also loved peanut butter and bacon sandwiches on whole wheat toast.

I know I am weird.   

Brian

Quote from: MN Dave on April 09, 2008, 06:03:35 PM
:o  Are you okay?
I bought a 40 oz bag of candy at Target this weekend. And the temptation is very, very strong to finish it.  ;D ;D

MN Dave

Quote from: Brian on April 09, 2008, 06:17:13 PM
I bought a 40 oz bag of candy at Target this weekend. And the temptation is very, very strong to finish it.  ;D ;D

I hope they're the small ones.  ;D

uffeviking

Quote from: SonicMan on April 09, 2008, 04:07:48 PM
Tonight, our local Thai restaurant - shared some 'fresh rolls

Does the waiter remove the waxed paper from the food when he serves them, or do you have to unwrap them??  ::)

toledobass

Those spring rolls are wrapped in wrappers made of rice flour. There's no need to unwrap anything, just dig in like you would with a small burrito. 

Allan

uffeviking

Thank you, Toledobass! You won't catch me digging into a small burrito - not a large one either! - Striving population of cockroaches in Mexican restaurants keeps me out of them! -  :o

toledobass

not just Mexican restaurants, mind you.....

Allan

Lethevich

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on April 09, 2008, 06:40:49 AM
Holds his head in shame... It is ketchup...specifically Heinz. A taste I acquired in childhood. Mrs Rock is appalled too. I'm probably the only person on earth who enjoys ketchup with his brats. Mrs. Rock usually has sweet Bavarian mustard but she had a gourment mustard infused with truffles on this occasion. In my defense I eat brats with mustard when I'm away from home.

Ketchup is yummy! (Although I tend only to use it on chips) I have yet to find a brand that tastes as nice as Heinz :)

Ketchup fans unite in solidarity. We need some kind of Ketchup Pride march...
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

SonicMan46

Quote from: uffeviking on April 09, 2008, 06:39:02 PM
Does the waiter remove the waxed paper from the food when he serves them, or do you have to unwrap them??  ::)

Lis - Allan is correct - just a thin, translucent, and EDIBLE wrapping that holds all inside to enjoy!  Lite & a great start to a Thai meal -  :D

Lilas Pastia

I'll probably set my choice at the last minute, but I saw a recipe that looks tempting: ostrich steaks, flambé with dry gin and served with a crushed juniper berries cream sauce.