What are you eating?

Started by toledobass, April 07, 2007, 11:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogey

Quote from: SonicMan on June 23, 2007, 04:24:16 PM

....such as 'pink spaghetti' (just a pasta w/ some kind of cheese & Campbell's tomato soup)....

Dave,
I actually still enjoy this meal.  :D

There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

SonicMan46

Quote from: Bogey on June 23, 2007, 04:26:39 PM
Dave,
I actually still enjoy this meal.  :D

Bill - LOL  ;D - you know, I'd probably still enjoy eating those meals (grew up on them - my mother was just great at putting together these types of meals)!  Another great 'dish' my wife makes is chicken tetrazzini, which includes canned chicken, pasta, & mushroom soup (plus other simple additives) - baked and just great - simple & cheap, and loved by everyone served to (one of those dishes for company & for 'pot lucks'). 

But I must give great credit to my wife in those 'lean' years - she was the daughter of physcians from New Jersey (Newark) - grew up w/ maids; grandfather owned a market & butcher shop in Newark (can you imagine the types of meats she had as a child) - for whatever reason we married (met in Ann Arbor @ the U. of Michigan), and she seemed to just naturally 'accept' the years of training for me - of course, I've reciprocated w/ 'mucho' trips, meals, & jewelry (hey - did she know from the start!  ;)) - Dave  ;D

sidoze

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on June 23, 2007, 12:04:17 PM
What??? For someone so particular about who plays his Chopin, you mean to tell me you eat like a commoner? Like...Iago??? Tell me it ain't so, Sidoze! I'm really disappointed. I expected better of you.

You rung its neck yourself? Okay, now I'm impressed.

Sarge

Iago had a point. As for me, I spent 7 years as a vegetarian, two as vegan, came back to a normal diet later, and now am going through a yeast/wheat/sugar/fruit/alcohol/caffeine-free low carb diet for personal reasons. It sucks and costs twice as much money as a normal diet!!!!!

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: sidoze on June 24, 2007, 02:30:45 AM
Iago had a point.

He did? I must've missed it. Mensch had a fish and vegetable dinner inspired in part by his wife's ethnicity. Why should that meal be the object of ridicule? I understand Iago: he revels in being an uncouth bastard. His comments come as no surprise. But it was surprising coming from you...doubly surprising now that I know you were a vegetarian and vegan.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

sidoze

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on June 24, 2007, 05:32:16 AM
He did? I must've missed it. Mensch had a fish and vegetable dinner inspired in part by his wife's ethnicity. Why should that meal be the object of ridicule? I understand Iago: he revels in being an uncouth bastard. His comments come as no surprise. But it was surprising coming from you...doubly surprising now that I know you were a vegetarian and vegan.

Sarge

First of all: no more arguments for me. After putting up with donwyn's self-serving gibberish for so long, I really don't fancy it. Especially not with a third party. I thought he had a point -- the attention to detail seemed rather, well, effete. "Not that there's anything wrong with that".

Kullervo

My version of microwaved mashed potatoes! Stick a potato in the microwave for six minutes, take it out, smash it in a bowl, add butter, milk, salt, and anything else (I always use yellow curry). Tasty!

Papy Oli

Strawberries, with vanilla and chocolate-chipped mint ice creams ...light and delightful !  ;D
Olivier

Mozart

Raw spinach and dried cranberries. Interesting mix.

Bonehelm

Kullervo

karlhenning

Didn't want to create a new thread just for this, but had difficulty settling on just the most nearly appropriate thread ready to hand.

Believe it or not, it's been months since we've talked about anything even tangentially related to breastfeeding.

Hope you've enjoyed the break. Because it's over.

MishaK

Quote from: sidoze on June 24, 2007, 06:46:32 AM
I thought he had a point -- the attention to detail seemed rather, well, effete. "Not that there's anything wrong with that".

I only cook things the way I do because they taste good. I also rarely spend more than 40 minutes on preparation.

Bogey

Two large bowls of:

with 1% milk.

There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

George

That was a childhood favorite of mine, Bill!  :)

Today: Organic Amaranth Flakes and Unsweetened Soy Milk. Plus two tablespoons of flaxseed oil. 

Que

A dish with mixed beans, spicey meat balls and rice, accompanied by a strong and fruity red wine (German).

Q

Tancata

Grilled some peppers until they were fucked up, scooped out the goo inside and combined with pitta bread stuffed with feta salad. And a glass of cheap wine  ;D.

Bogey