Previous topic - Next topic

George

Goji Berries

Whey Protein Shake

BachQ

SonicMan46

Quote from: D Minor on July 07, 2007, 05:20:45 PM
fish

Oh, D Minor, you must be more descriptive - this could mean 'fish sticks' or some superb seafood preparation at a great restuarant?  ;) ;D

For me, last night, the simple Italian bistro down the road - Veal Piccata w/ a nice salad & pasta side + a couple of glasses of a cheap but good & fruity Soave; tonight, LOML made me some sauteed quail, just w/ some salad & veggies + Oregon Pinot Noir - all quite simple but tasty -  :)

Kullervo

Quote from: D Minor on July 07, 2007, 05:20:45 PM
fish

...and on your 1111st post? Is there some sort of cosmic significance here? Are you a Pisces?

SonicMan46

Well, I was not goin' to post again here tonight, but we've been getting in some great cherries from the local food markets lately - I grew up in Michigan and often ate cherries off the trees - one of my favorites, so really enjoying these after dinner!  8)

Mozart

I prefer these

Oh mon cheris!

Mozart

Quote from: Mozart on July 07, 2007, 06:50:53 PM
I prefer these

Oh mon cheris!

well this joke went to shits.... must have the runs

imagine a bowl of red skittles....

SonicMan46

Quote from: Mozart on July 07, 2007, 06:53:46 PM
well this joke went to shits.... must have the runs

imagine a bowl of red skittles....

Mozart - LOL  ;D - if you eat too many, you may have to run to the bathroom for the very reason you describe!  ;) :)

Mozart

Quote from: SonicMan on July 07, 2007, 07:02:05 PM
Mozart - LOL  ;D - if you eat too many, you may have to run to the bathroom for the very reason you describe!  ;) :)

If I ate soo many that I had to run to the bathroom, I would have trouble getting there don't you think? I couldn't take such heartbreak leaving my cheris and my heart might just give up!

sidoze

Quote from: orbital on July 05, 2007, 12:30:30 PM
If you can find them, try purslanes as an alternative to watercress. Much more distinctive flavor, edible delicious stems, plus it can be had as salad or you can cook them like spinach.

As a salad: just add diced tomatoes, sliced red onions, kirby cucumbers, sumac spice, pomegranate sour, olive oil and some lemon juice

As a meal: Cut the purslanes into little pieces, cook diced red onions in olive oil until they turn pink, add 1 tablespoon of tomato paste. Then add diced tomatoes to the mix along with the purslanes. The leaves will give out their water. When they do add 1 tablespoon of rice (or preferably bulgur wheat). Add a little bit of water and let it simmer for 15 minutes or so. When cooked (stems from the purslanes must be soft) serve with plain yogurt topped with red crushed pepper.

Thank you very much for this!

Sergeant Rock

O mensch and Iago should be pleased: I had beef last night, nothing but beef...German beef.

We ate at the Grumpy Old Ladies. That's our private name for a restaurant in Kirschheim (about a mile east of Deidesheim, the wine capital of the Pfalz). The restuarant is in an ancient stone building down a narrow side street. The weather allowed eating in the courtyard. The first time we ate there we couldn't make up our minds where to sit...and besides we wanted to check out all the rooms. The old ladies were obviously annoyed with us and were grumpy and surly most of the evening. We thought it was great fun. Each return visit they've become a little nicer and last night they were exceptionally nice to us. We were very disappointed...it just wasn't the same  ;D

I started out with beef carpaccio. Really good with a wonderful vinagrette dressing. The cook is German but makes fabulous and authentic Italian dishes too. I still couldn't convince Mrs. Rock to take a bite. She won't eat raw beef.

Then I had a rare filet covered in chopped garlic. Very tasty with that distinctive German beef texture...chewier than an American steak but not tough at all.

We drank a bottle of the restaurant's own St. Laurent (they are part of a wine estate). It wasn't a great vintage for this grape. The wine was a too thin and the wood aging almost overwhelmed the fruit. Still, it wasn't bad and it went well with the meal.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Larry Rinkel

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on July 08, 2007, 06:30:51 AM
O mensch and Iago should be pleased: I had beef last night, nothing but beef...German beef.

We ate at the Grumpy Old Ladies. That's our private name for a restaurant in Kirschheim (about a mile east of Deidesheim, the wine capital of the Pfalz). The restuarant is in an ancient stone building down a narrow side street. The weather allowed eating in the courtyard. The first time we ate there we couldn't make up our minds where to sit...and besides we wanted to check out all the rooms. The old ladies were obviously annoyed with us and were grumpy and surly most of the evening. We thought it was great fun. Each return visit they've become a little nicer and last night they were exceptionally nice to us. We were very disappointed...it just wasn't the same  ;D

Sit at one table, order, then move to another table in another room. After your first course, move to yet another table. Repeat with variations until you've sat in every room at the restaurant. The GOL will just love you.

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: Larry Rinkel on July 08, 2007, 08:12:43 AM
Sit at one table, order, then move to another table in another room. After your first course, move to yet another table. Repeat with variations until you've sat in every room at the restaurant. The GOL will just love you.

;D :D ;D

That should guarantee the return of the GOL we've come to know and love.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Kullervo

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on July 08, 2007, 10:50:23 AM
;D :D ;D

That should guarantee the return of the GOL we've come to know and love.

Sarge

For some reason I keep imagining a Golem that runs a fine dining establishment.

Today I had broccoli and mushrooms with canned tuna and soy sauce. Total cost of meal: approx. $1.00.

Kiddiarni

Quote from: Oscar WildeThere is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.

orbital

IF you can't decide what to have for dinner there is the always helpful Betty Croker cards  >:D

http://www.aperfectworld.org/betty_crocker.htm

(The cartoons by Linda Causey (http://www.aperfectworld.org/themes.htm) are very good with a very sharp sense of humour. They may be offensive to some, so proceed with caution  $:))

sidoze

I discovered a dairy / gluten / yeast and sugar free dessert that fits into my current diet and has made me extremely happy :) It's called amazake, ingredients of water, brown rice, cultured rice and sea salt (all organic). It is extremely sweet for such a recipe and will make a great addition to buckwheat blinis and just about anywhere else that needs a touch of sweetness. The Japanese rule :)

sidoze

Quote from: sidoze on July 13, 2007, 11:31:59 AM
I discovered a dairy / gluten / yeast and sugar free dessert that fits into my current diet and has made me extremely happy :) It's called amazake, ingredients of water, brown rice, cultured rice and sea salt (all organic). It is extremely sweet for such a recipe and will make a great addition to buckwheat blinis and just about anywhere else that needs a touch of sweetness. The Japanese rule :)

fuck off nevermind. this CRAP uses the same fungus to ferment the rice that's in soy sauce: Aspergillus oryzae. I'm going to change my avatar now.

M forever

Quote from: sidoze on July 13, 2007, 11:31:59 AM
I discovered a dairy / gluten / yeast and sugar free dessert that fits into my current diet and has made me extremely happy :)

Are you in some kind of religious sect?