What are you eating?

Started by toledobass, April 07, 2007, 11:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark

Thinking about having toast. And tea.

greg

Quote from: SonicMan on July 19, 2007, 02:35:53 PM
Greg -LOL!  ;D  That post was from a few months ago, but seemed to 'peak' your interest - I love all sorts of crab - King Crab from the Alaska area is one of the biggest!  Expensive but delicious!

Blue Crab (below, left) is a special treat in my area (mid-Atlantic states) - just all sorts of options from 'steamed & peppered', lumped as an appetizer (just had that in the mountains a few days ago), or cooked into some main course (need to visit Charleston or Savannah for some of the best preparations).

Stone Crab (below,right) - the orange/black claws, from the waters around FL - just had some in May!  Several years ago, we were on the west coast of southern FL in Everglades City - took a boat tour that discussed the catching & harvesting of stone crabs - basically these 'critters' are caught, the claws pulled off, & the body tossed back into the sea (the claws regenerate!); these are expensive also & come in various sizes (the larger, the more $$) - Joe's Crab House in Miami is a great option!

Dungeness Crab (lower) - west coast crab popular in San Francisco down on the bay, but these are shipped to the east coast (and I've had them cooked live in east coast restaurants) - this crab can be big & there is tasty 'meat' in the body & the claws - a feast!  One of my favorite lunches is in San Fran on the Bay (or across the Bay in Sausalito or Tiburon) is a half of a chilled Dungeness crab w/ a few glasses of Chardonnay, plus a nice fresh salad!

Well, those are the crabs that I usually eat - I'm sure many others exist, but give these a try!  :D

that stuff looks yummy......
if I'm ever in Miami, I'll remember the Stone Crab  8)

George

Whole Spelt Bread

Fresh Ground Roasted Almond Butter

2 dates

Steve

Bratwurst mit Sauerkraut!  :)

arkiv

I'm eating "mole de chile ancho".

toledobass

Well,  just got back top Cleveland after some time in Bar Harbor,  Maine.  Most of the food there is overpriced and mediocre.  IMO the best and most fun meals are at the lobster shacks.  The bummer is that its a bad year for lobster, so those were a little more expensive than usual.  Maine is one of Bogey's old stomping grounds and he provided me with some great places to check out.  My favorite was the Trenton Lobster Pound,  15 minutes outside of Bar Harbor.

Here's are the lobster pots.  It smells awsome while waiting for your food:

Here's my order of delicious clams:

Hope everyone is having a good summer,

Allan

toledobass

iced tea w/lemon in the big cup.  That's butter in the small and in the styrofoam in back is the liquid the clams were steamed in.  When I was asked if I wanted butter I said yes and they poured it from a huge old-school enamel coffee pot that is filled with clarified butter.

Allan

Kullervo

Quote from: toledobass on July 26, 2007, 06:10:53 AM
iced tea w/lemon in the big cup.  That's butter in the small and in the styrofoam in back is the liquid the clams were steamed in.  When I was asked if I wanted butter I said yes and they poured it from a huge old-school enamel coffee pot that is filled with clarified butter.

Allan

I thought so, but for some reason the cup seemed way bigger than it should have on first glance.

sidoze

Quote from: George on July 24, 2007, 05:24:29 PM
Fresh Ground Roasted Almond Butter

past two weeks I've become addicted to almond butter. it's sooooooooo good, and unlike peanut butter it doesn't contain mould. been eating a lot of avocado houmous too. blinis and houmous, that's as sweet as it gets  ::)

George

Quote from: sidoze on July 26, 2007, 01:38:02 PM
past two weeks I've become addicted to almond butter. it's sooooooooo good, and unlike peanut butter it doesn't contain mould.

It's excellent! Especially raw almond butter, though in the states it's very expensive.  :-\

Solitary Wanderer

Re-heated roast left-overs :)
'I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.' ~ Emily Bronte

George

Whey protein shake

Hot and Sour Soup

Brown Rice

Organic Dates

orbital

Quote from: SonicMan on July 19, 2007, 02:35:53 PM

Stone Crab (below,right) - the orange/black claws, from the waters around FL - just had some in May!  Several years ago, we were on the west coast of southern FL in Everglades City - took a boat tour that discussed the catching & harvesting of stone crabs - basically these 'critters' are caught, the claws pulled off, & the body tossed back into the sea (the claws regenerate!); these are expensive also & come in various sizes (the larger, the more $$) - Joe's Crab House in Miami is a great option!

So we've been told! When we went there last week we were told that the waiting time was between 2.5 to 3 hrs  :o and no they still don't take reservations.

So we went to this Tapas place down on Espanola Way. Great tasting tapas  :P

Tonight.. an eggplant parmigiano hero and some pepperoncini to keep things hot  >:D

Solitary Wanderer

'I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.' ~ Emily Bronte

George

3, 3 Organic Bananas, ah-ha-ha-ha!  8)

Siedler

Paella, I ate before some gazpacho (perfect for this hot summer weather). ¡Viva España!  ;D

Robert

Quote from: George on July 30, 2007, 04:24:49 PM
Whey protein shake

Hot and Sour Soup

Brown Rice

Organic Dates
SOUEN baby.......

George

BorisG

Reduced Fat Jif Creamy Peanut Butter, Stoned Wheat Thins Crackers Original, Diet Coke. :P