What are you eating?

Started by toledobass, April 07, 2007, 11:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SonicMan46

Quote from: orbital on August 01, 2007, 06:01:31 PM
So we've been told! When we went there last week we were told that the waiting time was between 2.5 to 3 hrs  :o and no they still don't take reservations.

Orbital - LOL  ;D - have not been to Joe's Stone Crab place in many years, but my group had a long wait, slow service, but we did get some 'jumbo' stone crabs (worth the wait!) -  :)

Mozart

I haven't had an orange in like 4 months...so now Im having like 28. Says these are from Australia what crap! At least they are the right shade of orange, just a little bitter.

orbital

Quote from: SonicMan on August 08, 2007, 05:12:40 PM
Orbital - LOL  ;D - have not been to Joe's Stone Crab place in many years, but my group had a long wait, slow service, but we did get some 'jumbo' stone crabs (worth the wait!) -  :)
Perhaps what we should have done is just order for take out and sit down at the beach to eat :-\

We are driving up to Maine tomorrow evening for the weekend. My wife will surely get her seafood fix somewhere there easily :D

George

Organic Spelt Flakes

Edensoy Original Milk

2 Tblsp Flax Seed Oil

Haffner

Chateaubriand Omaha Steak with fresh, grilled mushrooms and corn on the cob. Listening to Haydn's op.64 (QM) and loving it!

It's my fiancee's brithday.

BachQ

Haffner

Quote from: D Minor on August 09, 2007, 12:18:54 PM
D Minor says: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Thanks, D. Best to you and yours as well!

George

Quote from: Haffner on August 09, 2007, 12:17:53 PM
It's my fiancee's brithday.

Fiancee?

Have I missed something?  :o

Solitary Wanderer

'I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.' ~ Emily Bronte

Bogey

Steak fajitas with grilled onions and peppers....and some sliced tomatoes and avocados.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Haffner

Quote from: George on August 09, 2007, 05:27:50 PM
Fiancee?

Have I missed something?  :o

We've been engaged for well over 5 years. We just don't have the money to get married yet.

George

Quote from: Haffner on August 10, 2007, 06:11:57 AM
We've been engaged for well over 5 years. We just don't have the money to get married yet.

Oh, I see. Sorry to hear that, Andy!

Haffner

Quote from: George on August 10, 2007, 06:16:11 AM
Oh, I see. Sorry to hear that, Andy!

Thanks, George. It's tough to be unmarried and Roman Catholic, as you might have guessed already. Our local parish is luckily very understanding. Being poor tends to limit alot of things, right?

George

Quote from: Haffner on August 10, 2007, 06:46:02 AM
Thanks, George. It's tough to be unmarried and Roman Catholic, as you might have guessed already. Our local parish is luckily very understanding. Being poor tends to limit alot of things, right?

A lot of unimportant things IMO. You have love. You are a rich man.  :D

Haffner

Quote from: George on August 10, 2007, 06:48:49 AM
A lot of unimportant things IMO. You have love. You are a rich man.  :D

Post of the day.

Bogey

There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

M forever

I don't think the poppy seeds on the bun are such a great idea. I tried a hot dog like that in Chicago. The slightly sweet bun and the other ingedients don't mix well (for me). The pickle wedge looks good though. I love pickles. Can I have it?

Bogey

Quote from: M forever on August 11, 2007, 05:51:31 PM
I don't think the poppy seeds on the bun are such a great idea. I tried a hot dog like that in Chicago. The slightly sweet bun and the other ingedients don't mix well (for me). The pickle wedge looks good though. I love pickles. Can I have it?

Absolutely.  And this photo does not show the full effort. There is also a slice of cucumber in there and also the entire thing is sprinkled with celery salt.  Without this last igredient, the mix does not work to well.  Did yours have the celery salt?

M forever

I don't remember. Maybe not. It was hard to eat, there was so much stuff on there. My main "problem" with hot dogs is that they usually come in a very soft bun which gets even more softened up by the juicy stuff, so it starts coming apart while you eat it and directly lands on my T-shirt. Stuff ends up on my shirt even when I hold it far away from me and bend over it. That must be some kind of physical law. Why is it so hard anyway to find really good bread here? No real black bread, even the white bread is usually like a sponge, the alleged "French bread" is not crispy enough on the outside (as it should when it is supposed to be "French bread"). I like the San Francisco style sour dough bread, though.

Cucumber is a good idea, too. Thanks for the pickle.