What are you eating?

Started by toledobass, April 07, 2007, 11:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kullervo

Man, I love hotdogs, but the burps they cause afterwards are almost reason enough for me to never eat them. :(

Bogey

Quote from: M forever on August 11, 2007, 06:23:40 PM
I don't remember. Maybe not. It was hard to eat, there was so much stuff on there. My main "problem" with hot dogs is that they usually come in a very soft bun which gets even more softened up by the juicy stuff, so it starts coming apart while you eat it and directly lands on my T-shirt. Stuff ends up on my shirt even when I hold it far away from me and bend over it. That must be some kind of physical law. Why is it so hard anyway to find really good bread here? No real black bread, even the white bread is usually like a sponge, the alleged "French bread" is not crispy enough on the outside (as it should when it is supposed to be "French bread"). I like the San Francisco style sour dough bread, though.

Cucumber is a good idea, too. Thanks for the pickle.

Well, when eating these I decrease the chances of mustard on the shirt by making sure each is gone in 3-4 bites.  Not the most attractive "mind-movie" here, but there you have it.  And like Bogey said,"A hot dog at the ball park is better than steak at the Ritz."
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

toledobass

Quote from: M forever on August 11, 2007, 06:23:40 PM
Why is it so hard anyway to find really good bread here? No real black bread, even the white bread is usually like a sponge, the alleged "French bread" is not crispy enough on the outside (as it should when it is supposed to be "French bread").

Cucumber is a good idea, too. Thanks for the pickle.

This drives me nuts.  It seems just as this country was learning what good bread is supposed to be was exactly the same time some jack-ass named Atkins showed up.

Allan

Bogey

Quote from: toledobass on August 12, 2007, 07:34:17 AM
This drives me nuts.  It seems just as this country was learning what good bread is supposed to be was exactly the same time some jack-ass named Atkins showed up.

Allan

LOL!
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

George

Allan

Didn't he die as a result of his own diet? 

Que

George

Kullervo

Quote from: George on August 12, 2007, 08:07:12 AM
I bet he made a great corpse.  >:D

Yes, quite the exquisite corpse. In the afterlife he became a being of pure cholesterol.  0:)

Bogey

Quote from: George on August 12, 2007, 08:07:12 AM
I bet he made a great corpse.  >:D

I belive you just crossed a line there George....not sure which one, but line nonetheless.  :)

George

Quote from: Bogey on August 12, 2007, 08:22:35 AM
I belive you just crossed a line there George....not sure which one, but line nonetheless.  :)

I think it's the line that separates The Simpsons and Family Guy.

mahlertitan

M forever

Atkins is the guy with the low-carb stuff, right? But I don't see what eating less bread has to do with the quality of the bread as such, and why basically all bread here is just spongy, cardboardy.

uffeviking

Is that what you are lusting for, M forever? I get it from an internet German deli!  :P

uffeviking

I haven't tried buying from them - yet, - but it sure looks tempting, especially the Bretzen!

http://www.hofers.com/breads.htm

M forever

I am longing for *any* kind of good bread, white, grey, black, Italian, German, French, whatever, as long as it's real bread, freshly baked and with good substance, not the spongy chewy stuff you get everywhere here. Ordering from an online source doesn't seem to make so much sense since then it definitely won't be fresh, however well packaged.

uffeviking

They freeze the freshly baked bread, pack it in a cooler-style box with freezer packs and mail via UPS. By the time I thaw it out, it tastes and feels like freshly baked!

Hey, anything is better than the Kleenex-textured stuff sold here as 'bread' !  ;)

Scriptavolant

Dark chocolate with orange slices in it, bought today in Switzerland. An entire bar..alone  >:D

SonicMan46

Just returned from an overnight at the Fearrington Country Inn (about 1 1/2 hrs from home between Chapel Hill & Pittsboro) - had a great package (deluxe room, afternoon tea, dinner, & breakfast); menu from last night HERE - started out w/ the chilled lobster (half a tail & claw) - superb; snapper as the main course; and the cheese plate for 'dessert' - accompanied by several glasses of Grgich Sauvignon blanc - always a wonderful experience!  :D

Siedler

Quote from: M forever on August 12, 2007, 02:22:03 PM
I am longing for *any* kind of good bread, white, grey, black, Italian, German, French, whatever, as long as it's real bread, freshly baked and with good substance, not the spongy chewy stuff you get everywhere here. Ordering from an online source doesn't seem to make so much sense since then it definitely won't be fresh, however well packaged.
You should try Finnish rye bread, it's healthy.  :)

uffeviking

Looks great and tempting, Siedler! Now how are you going to ship a box of it to Eastern Washington?  ???

8)  :-*