What are you eating?

Started by toledobass, April 07, 2007, 11:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidW

Lilas Pastia

This morning: egg with pancetta. Multi-grain bread and home made crabapple jelly (I made it last week. Mmmmm 0:))

Yesterday, Chicago-style deep dish pizza at Uno's. Mine was the four cheese topped with anchovies.

But the best part of the meal was sharing it with one of our most esteemed members and long time moderator, Gurn Blanston. :D

toledobass

Quote from: Lilas Pastia on September 03, 2007, 07:43:43 AM
This morning: egg with pancetta. Multi-grain bread and home made crabapple jelly (I made it last week. Mmmmm 0:))

Yesterday, Chicago-style deep dish pizza at Uno's. Mine was the four cheese topped with anchovies.

But the best part of the meal was sharing it with one of our most esteemed members and long time moderator, Gurn Blanston. :D

Someone is eating good.

Allan

George

Quote from: DavidW on September 03, 2007, 07:31:02 AM
Dang George, I'm jealous! ;D

Well I had to splurge, it was my birthday.  8)

(see purchases thread  ;D)

Saul

Quote from: toledobass on September 03, 2007, 05:16:06 AM

Dude....that is one awful post.  A pizza post,  especially one about a pie you've made yourself,  needs more detail than that.

Allan

I used sliced whole wheat bread. Put some mozzarella cheese and tomatoes on them , about 10 minutes in the oven. They taste great.

toledobass

Quote from: Saul on September 03, 2007, 02:49:03 PM
I used sliced whole wheat bread. Put some mozzarella cheese and tomatoes on them , about 10 minutes in the oven. They taste great.

Sorry bud,  that's not pizza.

Allan

Saul

Quote from: toledobass on September 03, 2007, 05:31:44 PM
Sorry bud,  that's not pizza.

Allan

It tastes even better.

Anyways today I had Chinese food. Chicken in Garlic sauce with veggies and rice.

Was very good.

DavidW

Quote from: Saul on September 03, 2007, 02:49:03 PM

You need olives dude, that would complete it. :)

Actually I would go with olives, mushrooms, tomatoes, asiago cheese maybe and oh the heck with it bell peppers. ;D  That still wouldn't be pizza, but it would be yummy in my tummy. :)

toledobass

OK,  had some friends over for dinner and drinks tonight.  Here's half of it since I didn't take pics of everything:

Bay scallop seviche and some salsa:

Then some pizza with smoked mozz,  slow roasted tomatos and basil:

then we had some burgers with tarragon butter and after a nice walk around the block with the dogs we finished off the evening with some home made vanilla ice cream.

I love afternoons/evenings like this,
Allan

DavidW

toledobass

'Sup,

Roasted a chicken tonight.  It was a pasture raised bird and I haven't really cooked with these at all.  The skin didn't really turn out how I wanted.  A little pale and not quite as crispy as I wanted.  Oh well,  it still tasted great.

On the plate with a beet salad and some corn.

Allan

Kullervo

Square plates for square meals, eh?  :P

toledobass

Quote from: Corey on September 09, 2007, 03:49:48 PM
Square plates for square meals, eh?  :P

No grains though.  The other plates in the house are my housemates. They get used for the quick daily meals but, they're not that pleasing to eat from nor do they do anything for the food:

Allan

Lilas Pastia

We have beautiful square plates for the fancier meals. It allows the various items on it to appear in their individuality instead of bunching up toward the center.

Tonight: roast of filet mignon, sautéed mushrooms, mashed potatoes, mushroom and sage gravy and steamed broccoli.

Saul

Angel hair thin Spaghetti with stuffed red peppers and natural tomato sauce.
A dash of olive oil and some black pepper.
It was very delicious.

SonicMan46

Allan - roasted chicken is a fav here (or roasted 'game hens'!) -  ;D

Last night, our little Italian bistro w/ my favorite dish - Veal Piccata w/ a little pasta side dish (wonderful fresh tomato sauce) + a few glasses of Soave -  :)

Tonight eating @ home - some sauteed scallops (olive oil, garlic, sherry, and other flavorings!) w/ some simple green beans w/ sliced almonds + a few glasses of Rosenblum Viognier - Kathy's Cuvee, '05 vintage - delicious combination - decided to include my CD of the day, i.e. the Haydn Horn Works that I've posted to the listening thread!  :D

George

The WORST Chana Saag I have ever tasted.

Not to mention it took them almost an hour and 45 minutes to get it to me.  >:(

Que

Quote from: SonicMan on September 09, 2007, 04:22:44 PM
..decided to include my CD of the day, i.e. the Haydn Horn Works that I've posted to the listening thread!  :D

Nice touch! And it all sounds mighty delicious, Dave. :)

Q

DavidW

Quote from: George on September 09, 2007, 05:30:51 PM
The WORST Chana Saag I have ever tasted.

Not to mention it took them almost an hour and 45 minutes to get it to me.  >:(

The food or the stomach ache?  Just kidding! ;D