What are you eating?

Started by toledobass, April 07, 2007, 11:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonehelm

Happy mid-autumn festival, GMG!  :D It's august the 15th on the lunar calendar today.

toledobass

Quote from: Muriel on September 25, 2007, 02:41:50 PM
Tonight,calves liver and bacon with onion gravy,mashed Yukon Golds,green beans and cucumber salad.

There you go, 
the kinda of food I like to see people eating.

Nice sounding dinner Muriel,
Allan

Bogey

Quote from: Bonehelm on September 25, 2007, 07:30:49 PM
Happy mid-autumn festival, GMG!  :D It's august the 15th on the lunar calendar today.

What flavor mooncake is that Bonehelm? 
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Novi

Quote from: Lethe on September 25, 2007, 03:27:26 PM

Some real classy eating at the moment ("steak" flavoured McCoys crisps).

Oh yeah, the vegetarian friendly 'steak' flavoured crisps ;D. Alongside the vegetarian friendly bacon flavoured crisps ...

Quote from: Muriel on September 25, 2007, 03:30:23 PM
Seasoned with Marmite no doubt.

Hey Muriel, have you come across these before?
Durch alle Töne tönet
Im bunten Erdentraum
Ein leiser Ton gezogen
Für den der heimlich lauschet.

Lady Chatterley

Quote from: Novitiate on September 26, 2007, 04:11:14 AM
Hey Muriel, have you come across these before?

Are they made with real twigs?

Bonehelm

Quote from: Bogey on September 25, 2007, 08:00:57 PM
What flavor mooncake is that Bonehelm? 

It is yellow lotus seed paste with two salted egg yolks. Mmmm...these are quite expensive though, got 'em when I was in HK last summer (one of the top brands), each of these costed me around $12 USD.

RebLem

This evening, Wed., Sept 26,I sauteed some mushrooms and cooked them with one hot Italian sausage, then put in some sauce out of a jar.  Then, I cooked some spaghetti for 9 minutes in boiling water.  Then I shaved up some parmagiano reggiano, put a little on the bottom of the plate, put the pasta on top of that, put some more parm reg on top of that, then the sauce, mushrooms, and sausage and put some more parm reg on top of that.  Then mixed them all together, and ate it with two slices of flax bread with butter.
"Don't drink and drive; you might spill it."--J. Eugene Baker, aka my late father.

matti

Quote from: RebLem on September 27, 2007, 09:24:21 AM
This evening, Wed., Sept 26,I sauteed some mushrooms and cooked them with one hot Italian sausage, then put in some sauce out of a jar.  Then, I cooked some spaghetti for 9 minutes in boiling water.  Then I shaved up some parmagiano reggiano, put a little on the bottom of the plate, put the pasta on top of that, put some more parm reg on top of that, then the sauce, mushrooms, and sausage and put some more parm reg on top of that.  Then mixed them all together, and ate it with two slices of flax bread with butter.

Sounds delicious, which mushrooms did you use?

SonicMan46

BOY, no one eating in nearly a week!  ;D

Tonight, LOML again did a simple but absolutely delicious dinner (we're trying to avoid carbs @ our age!):

Giant Scallops sauteed w/ a soy/ginger orange sauce - not overcooked - just succulent - HMMM!

Bok Choy - just steamed (avoiding cals -  :-\) - but my favorite veggie - just love the appearance & taste!

Sauvignon Blanc - Morgon '05 from California, Monterey - excellent review & just pefect w/ the scallops!

Music - Dvorak String Quartets w/ Panocha Quartet - starting my 3rd listening - these are great!  :D

George

Onion Omelet

Mashed Potatoes

Multi Grain Toast

DavidW

Dave that dinner is sensory overload, it would kill me!  Music, dinner and a fine wine, ah too much. :)

Solitary Wanderer

Quote from: George on September 27, 2007, 05:54:49 PM

These are quite decent George. My wifes been buying the range for me to try. These are good to eat while I'm working 'in the field'. I find the different flavours to be very similar  ???
'I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.' ~ Emily Bronte

Solitary Wanderer

Quote from: DavidW on October 02, 2007, 05:34:09 PM
Dave that dinner is sensory overload, it would kill me!  Music, dinner and a fine wine, ah too much. :)

AND a fine women  ;)
'I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.' ~ Emily Bronte

George

Quote from: Solitary Wanderer on October 02, 2007, 05:36:39 PM
These are quite decent George. My wifes been buying the range for me to try. These are good to eat while I'm working 'in the field'. I find the different flavours to be very similar  ???

Yeah, I like the banana one, the apple pie one and the Cashew one.

SonicMan46

Quote from: DavidW on October 02, 2007, 05:34:09 PM

Hello David - lite, but just delicious - those scallops were GOOD! (took the pic before I ate them -  ;D)

Enjoying your comments in the Dvorak SQ thread - really enjoying those recordings in the image -  :)   Dave

Solitary Wanderer

Quote from: George on October 02, 2007, 05:39:07 PM
Yeah, I like the banana one, the apple pie one and the Cashew one.

I haven't had the cashew one yet, but I've had the other two which were both nice.

I like these better:

George

Quote from: Solitary Wanderer on October 02, 2007, 05:44:18 PM
I haven't had the cashew one yet, but I've had the other two which were both nice.

I like these better:

I'll keep an eye out.

I have been having one that has Maca in it.

SonicMan46

Quote from: Solitary Wanderer on October 02, 2007, 05:37:18 PM
AND a fine women  ;)

SW - so right!  :D  Can't enjoy these meals w/o a wonderful mate! Applause to the women in our lives!  :) 8)

longears

Mi esposa compró éstos de un restaurante local