What are you eating?

Started by toledobass, April 07, 2007, 11:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Chatterley

Quote from: Lilas Pastia on October 18, 2007, 05:36:30 PM
(Seething with jealousy)   Man, Dave, what a dog life, I don't envy you one bit  :P

And,he has to look at people's guts all day,that would put me off my dinner!

SonicMan46

Quote from: Lilas Pastia on October 18, 2007, 05:36:30 PM
(Seething with jealousy)   Man, Dave, what a dog life, I don't envy you one bit  :P

André - LOL  ;D  - wife & I were actually 'shocked' at the quality of seafood in Philly!  We ended up sharing 4 dozen plates of oysters (and could have easily had more!  If you like these 'raw' critters, the quality & choices were outstanding!) - this is my third visit (and longest) to Philadelphia, and the one that gave me the 'best' experience for this city - anxious to return!   :D  Dave

SonicMan46

Quote from: Muriel on October 18, 2007, 06:24:47 PM
And,he has to look at people's guts all day,that would put me off my dinner!

Hello, Muriel - hope all is well w/ you!  :D

Actually, us GI physcians/radiologists have absolutely no problem in goin' out to eat!  In fact, it is amazing 'what' one can ingest into one's stomach that can be easily handled by the digestive tract - pretty remarkable!   In fact, one of my best 'eating' companions (other than the LOML) was a gastroenterologist (now retired) - when we attended medical meetings, one of our MAIN goals was to eat out at some of the best restaurants in town (miss those days but have plenty of memories) -  ;D  Dave

Lethevich

Deep fried camembert + raspbury sauce + cesar salad.

I like to think that the salad will cancel out the camembert... I live in hope :P
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

George

Lethevich

George

Quote from: Lethe on October 18, 2007, 10:58:43 PM

:o

It's a great Vegan source of protein, contains tons of chlorophyll and does wonders for the immune system and energy production.

It comes in little tablets that are much easier to swallow than the picture you found.  :D

Lethevich

Quote from: George on October 18, 2007, 11:05:46 PM
It's a great Vegan source of protein, contains tons of chlorophyll and does wonders for the immune system and energy production.

It comes in little tablets that are much easier to swallow than the picture you found.  :D

Ooh, tablets. That would avoid me having to taste it... I wonder if I should try some? :)

George

Quote from: Lethe on October 18, 2007, 11:07:16 PM
Ooh, tablets. That would avoid me having to taste it... I wonder if I should try some? :)

This might help

Lethevich

Quote from: George on October 18, 2007, 11:10:01 PM
This might help

Danke :) I'll ask a friend to pick up some if they see any in a health food shop.

маразм1

pasta later today.  hate pasta!

toledobass

Quote from: Lethe on October 18, 2007, 10:18:13 PM
Deep fried camembert + raspbury sauce + cesar salad.

I like to think that the salad will cancel out the camembert... I live in hope :P

Haha.  That salad dressing can't possibly cancel out anything.  It's a glorious thing though so I'm sure you enjoyed it no matter how "bad" it is for you. 

Allan

toledobass

Quote from: George on October 18, 2007, 10:53:44 PM
Spirulina

George,

I'm still waiting for a Kombucha post in the What are You Drinking thread. ;) ;D

Allan

71 dB

Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

orbital

Lilas Pastia

My friend will cook us lamb chops with couscous. I'll prepare an appetizer with liver pâté cubes sautéed in butter and deglazed with ice cider. Served on croutons.

BTW although entrée is a French word, it doesn't have the same meaning in both languages. In French it means an appetizer (which we call hors d'oeuvre). And an entrée in English is the plat principal (or plat de résistance) in French. Are you still with me? :D

George

Quote from: toledobass on October 19, 2007, 05:36:30 AM
George,

I'm still waiting for a Kombucha post in the What are You Drinking thread. ;) ;D

Allan

;D

Yes, that's the trendiest drink where I work. We sell it like hotcakes.  :)

toledobass

Quote from: George on October 19, 2007, 07:31:06 AM
;D

Yes, that's the trendiest drink where I work. We sell it like hotcakes.  :)

I drink it from time to time.  I always try to get my wife to drink it but she almost puked the first time she tried it.  What's wierd to me is the price differences of this stuff between a few of the different Whole Foods I've visited.  I've seen it anywhere from 2 and change up to darn close to 4. 

That and what's with trying to special order anything at WF.  I get the feeling like the Team Leaders say yes we can get that no problem then when I actually ask them to get it they string me along untill I'm so frustrated I have to say nevermind and get it somewhere else. 

Allan

Bogey

There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

George

Quote from: toledobass on October 19, 2007, 08:39:59 AM
I drink it from time to time.  I always try to get my wife to drink it but she almost puked the first time she tried it.  What's wierd to me is the price differences of this stuff between a few of the different Whole Foods I've visited.  I've seen it anywhere from 2 and change up to darn close to 4. 

That and what's with trying to special order anything at WF.  I get the feeling like the Team Leaders say yes we can get that no problem then when I actually ask them to get it they string me along untill I'm so frustrated I have to say nevermind and get it somewhere else. 

Allan

I just did my first special order for somebody a few days ago. It takes only a few minutes to get the customers info, however I don't know how much of a pain it it for the buyers though. I suggest speaking to a buyer directly if possible, you could probably phone it in as well. The Team Leaders are extremely busy because they are in charge of the whole department, so that 's probably why they give you the run around. Of course, this is no excuse, they should quickly delegate it to someone who does the buying for the department.  :)