What are you eating?

Started by toledobass, April 07, 2007, 11:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FideLeo

Homemade miso soup prepared with bonito dashi, tofu, vegetables and of course miso paste.  :D

HIP for all and all for HIP! Harpsichord for Bach, fortepiano for Beethoven and pianoforte for Brahms!

Kullervo

Quote from: masolino on October 19, 2007, 09:10:35 AM
Homemade miso soup prepared with bonito dashi, tofu, vegetables and of course miso paste.  :D

Delicious! You know, bonito flakes make a nice snack.

Solitary Wanderer

'I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.' ~ Emily Bronte

George

2 eggs over medium

Baked potato

2 slices of mulitgrain toast with butter

SonicMan46

Quote from: Solitary Wanderer on October 19, 2007, 01:12:18 PM
Little 'ol Married Lady  ???

SW - just internet acronyms - check HERE for more than you want to know about!  ;D

LOML = Love of My Life or Light of My Life, hopefully your spouse, if married!  :D

SWMBO is another fav of mine! She Who Must Be Obeyed (common one on my woodworking forum) - regards, Dave

Solitary Wanderer

Quote from: SonicMan on October 19, 2007, 05:09:35 PM
SW - just internet acronyms - check HERE for more than you want to know about!  ;D

LOML = Love of My Life or Light of My Life, hopefully your spouse, if married!  :D

SWMBO is another fav of mine! She Who Must Be Obeyed (common one on my woodworking forum) - regards, Dave

Thanks Dave

I was on the right track  :)
'I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.' ~ Emily Bronte

Lady Chatterley

MishaK

Quote from: Solitary Wanderer on October 19, 2007, 01:12:18 PM
Little 'ol Married Lady  ???

I thought it was Laugh out Medium Loud, as in mezzoforte.

sidoze

Quote from: George on October 19, 2007, 04:31:53 PM
2 slices of mulitgrain toast with butter

are you not able to tell us exactly which grains are included? Knowing the provenance of the butter would be of some value too.

sidoze

come on, I saw that. Where's your sense of humour? Just a bit of fun between old forum pals!  ;D

Lethevich

Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

RebLem

Last night I broiled a bone-in strip steak, sauteed some mushrooms in peanut oil, baked a potato and put dried chives and sour cream on it, and cut up four big carrots on the bias, cooked them,, and ate with with a slice of Orowheat Oaknut bread and some unsalted butter.  :)
"Don't drink and drive; you might spill it."--J. Eugene Baker, aka my late father.

Sergeant Rock

For lunch I'm having breakfast: a two-egg omelet filled with grated Emmentaler and Pace Picante sauce (medium hot) and whole wheat toast with strawberry preserves.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

EmpNapoleon

Greek food is the most diverse cuisine.  I recommend Greek Town in Chicago. 

Kullervo

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on October 23, 2007, 05:07:49 AM
For lunch I'm having breakfast: a two-egg omelet filled with grated Emmentaler and Pace Picante sauce (medium hot) and whole wheat toast with strawberry preserves.

Sarge

Now that's my kind of breakfast.

orbital

bagel with cream cheese + coffee.
However I order it, they tend to load pounds of cream cheese on bagel, and then I have to scrape most of it

toledobass

I started curing some bacon last weekend.  Here are some pice of the process:

Bacon slideshow

Allan

SonicMan46

Well, eating @ home tonight - LOML did some simple steamed veggies w/ bison filet mignons - need to cook these medium rare w/ an emphasis on the rare side - excellent!  Nice 'red meat' choice but w/ the fat/cholesterol of a chicken breast (we have to pay attention to this @ our age!), so a great choice w/ a red wine (which was a nice Chilean selection of Carmenere/Cabernet/Merlot; had the '04 vintage, excellent & probably better w/ a year or so aging) -  :D

Peregrine

Scallops and chanterelle mushrooms fried in butter and garlic

steamed green beans

Cheap bottle of Chablis for an accompaniment...
Yes, we have no bananas