Author Topic: What are you drinking?  (Read 120424 times)

Offline Dry Brett Kavanaugh

• Veteran member
  • Currently Listening to:
    Eric Dolphy, Persian music, Sorabji, Scriabin, Sex Pistols
Re: What are you drinking?
« Reply #800 on: June 18, 2022, 01:04:07 PM »
Club Colombia Roja.

Offline aligreto

• Veteran member
« Reply #801 on: June 18, 2022, 01:28:51 PM »
Honouring aligreto's return

Indigenous Romanian, red, semi-sweet, DOC, full mature.

Fetească Neagră translates (literally) as Girlish Black yet it's a wine for gentlemen.

Here's to you, Fergus, and to all GMGers!

Cheers, Andrei.

As we say in Irish, Sláinte [literally means Health; in this context meaning Good Health to You].

I am currently drinking une vielle vigne Française, a Carignan grape, which is exceedingly good. I have enjoyed the fruit of the Carignan grape for a number of years now. It is definitely worth investigating.

You may remember that I had spoken to you privately some time ago about a locally sourced Romanian Pinot Noir here in Dublin which I had acquired a taste for. Well I am pleased to inform you that it has now become a favourite with my daughter. No pressure whatsoever was applied. She simply sampled it and also enjoyed it.  ;D
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and leave no doubt.

Offline Florestan

• Veteran member
« Reply #802 on: June 18, 2022, 10:43:32 PM »
Cheers, Andrei.

As we say in Irish, Sláinte [literally means Health; in this context meaning Good Health to You].

I am currently drinking une vielle vigne Française, a Carignan grape, which is exceedingly good. I have enjoyed the fruit of the Carignan grape for a number of years now. It is definitely worth investigating.

You may remember that I had spoken to you privately some time ago about a locally sourced Romanian Pinot Noir here in Dublin which I had acquired a taste for. Well I am pleased to inform you that it has now become a favourite with my daughter. No pressure whatsoever was applied. She simply sampled it and also enjoyed it.  ;D

I'm delighted to hear that, Fergus! There are some really good Pinot Noir vineyards in Romania.
"I’ve always said music should make you laugh, make you cry or make you think." - Kenny Rogers

Offline aligreto

• Veteran member
« Reply #803 on: June 19, 2022, 06:43:13 AM »
I'm delighted to hear that, Fergus! There are some really good Pinot Noir vineyards in Romania.

Does Viile Timisului make any sense to you?
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and leave no doubt.

Offline Florestan

• Veteran member
« Reply #804 on: June 19, 2022, 07:35:31 AM »
Does Viile Timisului make any sense to you?

Yes. You probably mean one of these two:

"I’ve always said music should make you laugh, make you cry or make you think." - Kenny Rogers

Offline aligreto

• Veteran member
« Reply #805 on: June 19, 2022, 12:25:17 PM »
This is the particular wine Andrei....

And this is the blurb....

Vineyards were first planted in Romania by the Romans so there is an ancient winemaking history here. Careful vineyard practices & modern wine making are at the heart of this wine. Wildflower is a forthrightly modern, fruit-driven Pinot Noir, raspberry, and strawberry notes, silky smooth with soft tannin and a refreshing finish.

Offline Florestan

• Veteran member
« Reply #806 on: June 19, 2022, 10:33:06 PM »
This is the particular wine Andrei....

And this is the blurb....

Thanks. I'll try it.

The blurb is not entirely correct. Long before the Roman conquest the Dacians had vineyards. According to Strabo, they were such heavy drinkers, especially because of the Dionysos cult, that one of their leaders ordered all vineyards to be destroyed and prohibited the plantation of new ones.  :D

Offline aligreto

• Veteran member
« Reply #807 on: June 22, 2022, 12:37:42 AM »
Thanks. I'll try it.

The blurb is not entirely correct. Long before the Roman conquest the Dacians had vineyards. According to Strabo, they were such heavy drinkers, especially because of the Dionysos cult, that one of their leaders ordered all vineyards to be destroyed and prohibited the plantation of new ones.  :D

Very tough on those poor wine drinkers!  ;D

Offline LKB

• Veteran member
    something between my ears
« Reply #808 on: June 22, 2022, 02:58:24 AM »
Very tough on those poor wine drinkers!  ;D

Indeed, l wonder how they drowned their sorrows...
Mit Flügeln, die ich mir errungen...

Offline Dry Brett Kavanaugh

• Veteran member
    Eric Dolphy, Persian music, Sorabji, Scriabin, Sex Pistols
« Reply #809 on: June 29, 2022, 03:05:58 PM »
Azteca Beer. 

Offline LKB

• Veteran member
    something between my ears