What are you drinking?

Started by toledobass, April 07, 2007, 11:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood

"There are far worse things awaiting man than death."

A Hollywood born SoCal gal living in Beethoven's Heiligenstadt (Vienna, Austria).

Don Giovanni

A nice cup of Colombian coffee. I'm a bit of a coffee addict, to be honest. Not that I never stop drinking coffee, but more that I'm addicted to coffee itself. Hopefully getting a new Gaggia machine soon  ;D

Bunny

Quote from: Robert on April 12, 2007, 08:07:26 PM
nice bunny, moving up in the world......what flavor is this?   raspberry...??

Sorry, but Kriek means cherry.  This is a wonderful lambic cherry beer that I first tasted in Belgium.  I was delighted when it arrived in my local supermarket. ;D

Bunny

Quote from: Don Giovanni on April 14, 2007, 04:58:03 AM
A nice cup of Colombian coffee. I'm a bit of a coffee addict, to be honest. Not that I never stop drinking coffee, but more that I'm addicted to coffee itself. Hopefully getting a new Gaggia machine soon  ;D

I'd love to know which machines you are considering.  I have a Grimac commercial model machine that uses the espresso pods.  It also has a cappucinatore (highly recommended device) which sucks the milk out of the carton and delivers foam and microfoam at the touch of a button.  It's my no fuss no muss expresso, a perfect shot each time. :D

Don Giovanni

Looks cool! I'll post some pictures later.

Robert

Quote from: Bunny on April 14, 2007, 06:00:23 AM
Sorry, but Kriek means cherry.  This is a wonderful lambic cherry beer that I first tasted in Belgium.  I was delighted when it arrived in my local supermarket. ;D

They make many different fruit flavored beers....Im sure the kriek you drank in belgium is different than the bottle you are presently drinking.....

Bunny

Quote from: Robert on April 14, 2007, 08:24:27 AM
They make many different fruit flavored beers....Im sure the kriek you drank in belgium is different than the bottle you are presently drinking.....

Yes, there are many different flavors of beer, including raspberry; but I'm allergic to raspberries and blackberries and any other berries that look like raspberries so I don't go near those beers.

The flavor of the beer I had abroad and the one at my market are not that different.  The alcoholic content may be a bit lower, but that's fine afaic.  The taste still has that wonderful intense cherry flavor tempered by the bitterness of the hops.  I also have a case of Timmerman Kriek that was shipped to me by one of my husband's business associates from Antwerp, but that doesn't have the same intensity of flavor.

Robert

Quote from: Bunny on April 14, 2007, 11:16:06 AM
Yes, there are many different flavors of beer, including raspberry; but I'm allergic to raspberries and blackberries and any other berries that look like raspberries so I don't go near those beers.

The flavor of the beer I had abroad and the one at my market are not that different.  The alcoholic content may be a bit lower, but that's fine afaic.  The taste still has that wonderful intense cherry flavor tempered by the bitterness of the hops.  I also have a case of Timmerman Kriek that was shipped to me by one of my husband's business associates from Antwerp, but that doesn't have the same intensity of flavor.

FYI... The best kriek and fruit beers brewed in this country by New Glarus Brewing Company, New Glarus, Wisconsin. I wish I were able to obtain some. Believe me, I have tried...Unfortunately they just seem to ship within Wisconsin...

Sergeant Rock

the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Robert

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on April 14, 2007, 11:38:27 AM
In Vienna???  :o  Das gibts nicht  ;D

Sarge

You mean they haven't shipped any Dr Pepper stout or porters to Germany yet???? I guess they can't stand the competition....

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: Robert on April 14, 2007, 11:39:57 AM
You mean they haven't shipped any Dr Pepper stout or porters to Germany yet???? I guess they can't stand the competition....

The Germans employ battalions to patrol the borders, sniffing out any drink that doesn't meet the purity law (Reinheitsgebot). Dr. P doesn't qualify  ;D

Sarge

Siedler

Kiwifruit-flavoured cider (Upcider Frozen Kiwi)

Bogey

There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: Bill on April 14, 2007, 11:53:17 AM
Well they better tighten up those ranks Sarge and close up those holes because they about to be breached. ;D

Looks like we'll have to call in the reserves!

Sarge

toledobass

Picked up some Victory Storm King for tonight.  Looking forward to it. I've read some great stuff about it but never found it till now.

Allan

Lady Chatterley

Robert

Quote from: toledobass on April 14, 2007, 04:19:02 PM
Picked up some Victory Storm King for tonight.  Looking forward to it. I've read some great stuff about it but never found it till now.

Allan
K I L L E R  8)

Bunny

Quote from: Robert on April 14, 2007, 11:35:59 AM
FYI... The best kriek and fruit beers brewed in this country by New Glarus Brewing Company, New Glarus, Wisconsin. I wish I were able to obtain some. Believe me, I have tried...Unfortunately they just seem to ship within Wisconsin...

The Lindemans beers are distributed world wide.  Perhaps you can obtain some of those.  They are world famous.

E d o

Last night: Dogfish Head India Pale Ale
This morning: Home roasted Cona brewed in a Vac Pot
Tonight: A Spanish Almansa (Red)

Robert

Quote from: Bunny on April 14, 2007, 08:26:02 PM
The Lindemans beers are distributed world wide.  Perhaps you can obtain some of those.  They are world famous.

absolutely, trader joes carries them and just got in the larger bottles....my wife loves them, chilling as we speak we have a peach and an apple.......care to join us....