Main Menu

Anime

Started by greg, September 05, 2008, 02:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGSMoeller

Cool list, and even cooler because I've seen half of them, and now would love to see the other half...

15 Must Watch Forgotten Anime Films

http://screenrant.com/forgotten-anime-films/

TheGSMoeller

Imaginary Worlds Podcast about one of my favorite films of all time, Ghost in the Shell. Also covers the recent casting of Scarlett Johansson in the lead role in the live action remake, and it's whitewashing controversy, although it covers some interesting angles regarding that issue...

Imaginary Worlds: Episode 45, Ghost in the Shelll

http://www.imaginaryworldspodcast.org/ghost-in-the-shell.html

ComposerOfAvantGarde

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on August 07, 2016, 05:23:08 PM
Cool list, and even cooler because I've seen half of them, and now would love to see the other half...

http://screenrant.com/forgotten-anime-films/
The Cat Returns is hardly a 'forgotten' anime film. What certainly is less well known is the film which first introduces the baron....

ComposerOfAvantGarde

SIGH

My life has become pretty much like what Okazaki's life is in the first season of Clannad.

ComposerOfAvantGarde

I think this would be the easiest anime cosplay

ComposerOfAvantGarde

Lolololololololololol i finished Clannad it was so cute! I must watch Clannad After Story now

Abuelo Igor

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on August 07, 2016, 05:23:08 PM

I fail to see what is "forgotten" about any of them. With the exception of "Mind game", all of them have had good distribution in Spain, which doesn't have a particularly strong anime culture when compared to most countries in Western Europe.
L'enfant, c'est moi.

Jaakko Keskinen

Rewatching Death Note. Most enjoyable. I think I liked more Light's chemistry with L than him vs Near/Mello (as awesome a character as Mello still is), though.
"Javert, though frightful, had nothing ignoble about him. Probity, sincerity, candor, conviction, the sense of duty, are things which may become hideous when wrongly directed; but which, even when hideous, remain grand."

- Victor Hugo

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: Abuelo Igor on August 14, 2016, 01:30:25 AM
I fail to see what is "forgotten" about any of them. With the exception of "Mind game", all of them have had good distribution in Spain, which doesn't have a particularly strong anime culture when compared to most countries in Western Europe.

i agree, I should've clarified that I mainly liked the list of movies, not so much agree with the forgotten part.
I do love Metropolis and Sky Crawlers, may have to find those in my library and re watch soon!

ComposerOfAvantGarde

Quote from: Alberich on August 29, 2016, 07:31:15 AM
Rewatching Death Note. Most enjoyable. I think I liked more Light's chemistry with L than him vs Near/Mello (as awesome a character as Mello still is), though.

The last season of Death Note isn't all that popular due to the new characters I think........
Death Note still has one of my favourite endings however, regardless of what some people complain about it!

Jaakko Keskinen

Quote from: jessop on September 06, 2016, 04:50:57 PM
The last season of Death Note isn't all that popular due to the new characters I think........
Death Note still has one of my favourite endings however, regardless of what some people complain about it!

I have to agree with the opinion that Light's chemistry with L was much more interesting than with Near. Not that I actually hated Near, I merely prefer L. And Mello actually had the honor of being for some time my avatar picture. At first I didn't even like him that much but after he gets that scar of his I turned into a fanboy. I'm also probably the only person in existence who likes Misa. I harbor a weird affection for Ide, a character that doesn't appear very often on people's favorite lists. I just think he's absolutely hilarious in his stoicness, at least in the manga (it almost feels like he appears in the anime much less often).

Edit: I just basically repeated what I said in my previous post. Silly me :X

"Javert, though frightful, had nothing ignoble about him. Probity, sincerity, candor, conviction, the sense of duty, are things which may become hideous when wrongly directed; but which, even when hideous, remain grand."

- Victor Hugo

ComposerOfAvantGarde

I've been watching Steins;Gate again but this time with my sister. Just finished watching episode 12, that crucial halfway point where things take a dramatic turn and take her biggest cliffhanger in the whole series! Now I shall make her wat until Saturday (when I am free again to watch more) to resolve this cliffhanger. :D

SharpEleventh

I have watched plenty of anime but I would never admit that on a classical music forum. I-it's not like I li-like them or anything....

ComposerOfAvantGarde

Quote from: SharpEleventh on September 12, 2016, 03:14:34 AM
I have watched plenty of anime but I would never admit that on a classical music forum. I-it's not like I li-like them or anything....
What have you seen and can you recommend me any high school romance/slice of life ones that would make me cry?

SharpEleventh

Quote from: jessop on September 12, 2016, 03:16:45 AM
What have you seen and can you recommend me any high school romance/slice of life ones that would make me cry?

Make you cry? I'm not generally speaking into stuff like that. I like Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, which is a (black) comedy set in a high school. Not a "makes you cry" type of anime though.... in the usual sense, at least.

ComposerOfAvantGarde

Clannad After story is PERFECT IN EVERY WAY omg omg omg omg omg *tears streaming*

ComposerOfAvantGarde

DANGO DANGO DANGO DANGO DANGO DAIKAZOKU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ComposerOfAvantGarde

SharpEleventh