Main Menu

Anime

Started by greg, September 05, 2008, 02:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaakko Keskinen

Shingeki no kyojin - Attack on Titan season 3 coming in 2018.
"Javert, though frightful, had nothing ignoble about him. Probity, sincerity, candor, conviction, the sense of duty, are things which may become hideous when wrongly directed; but which, even when hideous, remain grand."

- Victor Hugo

aligreto

From Up On Poppy Hill....

Jaakko Keskinen

Season 3 of Attack on titan is around the corner.
"Javert, though frightful, had nothing ignoble about him. Probity, sincerity, candor, conviction, the sense of duty, are things which may become hideous when wrongly directed; but which, even when hideous, remain grand."

- Victor Hugo

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: Alberich on July 17, 2018, 10:06:57 AM
Season 3 of Attack on titan is around the corner.

Only watched Season 1, which I loved. I have some catching up to do!

AlberichUndHagen

Berserk. Pure awesomeness!

greg

Quote from: AlberichUndHagen on December 15, 2019, 06:16:22 AM
Berserk. Pure awesomeness!
The new one?

Finished Kaichou wa Maid-Sama (Student Council President is a Maid) last week. Enjoyable romcom.
Wagie wagie get back in the cagie

AlberichUndHagen

Quote from: greg on December 17, 2019, 03:45:58 PM
The new one?

No, the 1997 one. The new one is crap. Reading the manga also.

greg

Quote from: AlberichUndHagen on December 17, 2019, 11:35:45 PM
No, the 1997 one. The new one is crap. Reading the manga also.
Oh ok. I want to read the manga but it being yet another series with no end in sight is a big turn off.

It's still the top rated manga, ever, though, and seems that won't change any time soon.

greg

I thought of something and wonder if it exists- some sort of fusion between manga and light novel.

Basically a light novel but visually basically a manga.

LNs tend to have scrolling text and recycled character images over recycled backgrounds. Imagine reading a manga and it comes to life with sound, music and voice acting, while every panel is unique.  0:)

greg

Third viewing complete.  :D

Finally watched an analysis video... and sort of did make more sense. This time I watched the actual blu rays, so this makes the first anime series that I actually purchased a physical copy of. Will get around to doing the same for my top 20 or so series, since it is inevitable that every few years I will want to revisit old shows for the rest of my life- and having to hunt them down on websites and such sort of sucks.

One idea from the show caught me this time- about humans being the nodes in a neural network for the earth itself.

How can you not like the aesthetics of the cover?  8)

Roy Bland

greg

Ha, that's interesting. Is it part of the Galaxy Express 999 series?

Roy Bland

Quote from: greg on April 29, 2020, 06:07:49 AM
Ha, that's interesting. Is it part of the Galaxy Express 999 series?
Partially Matsumoto like S.King created a multiverse where same character played different roles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seWFTBEMXao
It's largely ispired to Wagner's Opera.

greg

Demon Slayer

Great dark action show. Thankfully the manga is finished and according to what people are saying, it will have probably have a 3 or so more seasons, which is enough to look forward to but not an unreasonable length like a lot of these types of shows.

It also won the 2020 Crunchyroll anime of the year award...

AlberichUndHagen

greg

greg

Bought a bunch of favorite anime series on Blu ray lately.

Rewatching Ergo Proxy now, I remembered barely anything of it, but on rewatch it is pretty good still.

Rewatched Kara no Kyoukai Garden of Sinners on Crunchyroll, another good one.

And the remake for my #1 favorite anime Higurashi When They Cry is set to start airing in a day or two. 😎

AlberichUndHagen

Quote from: greg on September 29, 2020, 11:22:41 AM
Classic!  8)

:) I like it very much so far, although not as much as Berserk. The cathedral scene in episode 5 was absolutely perfect.

greg

Finished rewatch.

Definitely a one-of-a-kind show, a fun ride and unique dark, futuristic dystopian world.

The last two or so episodes are a bit confusing, leaving all the explanations at the end but it's too much at once.

Some of the filler episodes some people don't care for, but I think they are great, really trippy stuff.

Originally scored a 9/10 when I watched it years ago, and would keep the same score.

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Your Name.