Main Menu

Anime

Started by greg, September 05, 2008, 02:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

A Silent Voice.

greg

Those are both good ones, and they remind me of each other (also maybe because they are currently #10 and #11 highest ranked on MAL, same score at 9.01).

They remind me of Ghibli movies in the sense that they are good for a relaxing watch with good art and good story, though they don't scratch my itch for more intense experiences, so usually that type of movie I'll watch every once in a while and then move on.
Wagie wagie get back in the cagie

greg

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime

Very fun show, enjoyable take on the isekai genre, not much to say besides that.

Beastars
Not into furry stuff so was hesitant about this one.
But it really was as great as others are saying. Endless comparisons can be made with things such as people groups. Very hilarious and weird scenarios, lots of weird emotions are possible in a show like this compared to any other show with human characters.

Kill la Kill
I watched this years ago, but at the time I wasn't really into it. Didn't even finish the last few episodes and gave it a 5/10.
This time, enjoyed it a lot and gave it an 8/10.
Though I've always respected what it was trying to do- a really unique combination of goofy comedy, nonstop rage, wild animation and sexiness.
This show is just unbridled mania, not much out there quite like this.

AlberichUndHagen

Final season of Attack on titan started a couple weeks ago.

greg

Quote from: AlberichUndHagen on December 21, 2020, 08:16:33 AM
Final season of Attack on titan started a couple weeks ago.
Yeah... watching that... along with 8 other anime for this upcoming season starting next month.

Problem is after season one, probably because of the large time gap between season one and two, I completely got lost about the plot and I'm just watching it for the sake of completion.

I'll have to rewatch the whole show from beginning to end marathon style one day to make sense of things.

Roy Bland

Ganondorf

I recently finished watching Monster and I liked how ambiguous It was, especially the ending. The character development was top-notch. My favorite characters were Grimmer and Eva Heinemann. I was surprised how shadowy presence Johan was for the most of The anime, however he was in the end very intriguing character, full of complexities despite his horrifying deeds much like Griffith from Berserk. Although Griffith is Even better-written. Johans final question was haunting. The context in fact makes It very ambiguous who The real monster is.

greg

Quote from: Ganondorf on October 12, 2021, 02:10:03 PM
I recently finished watching Monster and I liked how ambiguous It was, especially the ending. The character development was top-notch. My favorite characters were Grimmer and Eva Heinemann. I was surprised how shadowy presence Johan was for the most of The anime, however he was in the end very intriguing character, full of complexities despite his horrifying deeds much like Griffith from Berserk. Although Griffith is Even better-written. Johans final question was haunting. The context in fact makes It very ambiguous who The real monster is.
Monster is one of my favorites. Watched it about a decade ago and the only reason I haven't rewatched yet is the length, but will one day!

vers la flamme

Quote from: Dry Brett Kavanaugh on October 06, 2020, 10:11:35 AM
Your Name.

My old roommate loved this movie and made me watch it with him once a few years ago. I remember it being real good, though I don't remember clearly what it's about.

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: greg on September 18, 2020, 09:11:52 PM
Demon Slayer

Great dark action show. Thankfully the manga is finished and according to what people are saying, it will have probably have a 3 or so more seasons, which is enough to look forward to but not an unreasonable length like a lot of these types of shows.

It also won the 2020 Crunchyroll anime of the year award...

For Demon Slayer fans...
Season 2 is starting, or at least a new 7-episode arc of Mugen Train featuring Kyojuro Rengoku has started. The trailer seemed to separate the season 2 start and this arc, but as a fan of the Mugen Train movie this excites me, Rengoku is a great character and made a big impact so getting more of his story should be good.
My son has read all of the Demon Slayer Manga, 23 volumes I think, and says that the best is yet to come!

greg

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on October 15, 2021, 05:29:31 AM
For Demon Slayer fans...
Season 2 is starting, or at least a new 7-episode arc of Mugen Train featuring Kyojuro Rengoku has started. The trailer seemed to separate the season 2 start and this arc, but as a fan of the Mugen Train movie this excites me, Rengoku is a great character and made a big impact so getting more of his story should be good.
My son has read all of the Demon Slayer Manga, 23 volumes I think, and says that the best is yet to come!
Huh, thanks.
I was aware of the next season but not of this new 7-episode arc, since it wasn't listed for this season.
The movie was great, watched it in theaters. But will check this out as well since it's saying it will contain more scenes.

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Quote from: aligreto on December 27, 2017, 03:25:38 AM
From Up On Poppy Hill....

Did you like the movie? Some of my friends positively mentioned about it.

Roy Bland

aligreto

Quote from: Dry Brett Kavanaugh on March 24, 2022, 02:11:01 PM

Did you like the movie? Some of my friends positively mentioned about it.

Apologies for the delay in responding, Manabu.
The truth is, since it was over four years ago since I had viewed it, I had forgotten large chunks of it.
However, I have watched it again and I enjoyed it as I am sure I did when I first saw it.
It essentially has a bright, upbeat atmosphere to it. However, the two main protagonists encounter an unusual obstacle along the way. The way that this is resolved in an interesting story in itself.
I would have no hesitation in recommending it to you.  :)

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Quote from: aligreto on March 25, 2022, 07:48:50 AM
Apologies for the delay in responding, Manabu.
The truth is, since it was over four years ago since I had viewed it, I had forgotten large chunks of it.
However, I have watched it again and I enjoyed it as I am sure I did when I first saw it.
It essentially has a bright, upbeat atmosphere to it. However, the two main protagonists encounter an unusual obstacle along the way. The way that this is resolved in an interesting story in itself.
I would have no hesitation in recommending it to you.  :)

Sounds interesting! Thank you for re-watching the dvd.  ;D
I will get the movie.

Roy Bland

What do you think about this? It doesn't seem a sequel of Rx-78 under a certain point of wiew

aligreto

Quote from: Dry Brett Kavanaugh on March 25, 2022, 01:44:35 PM
Sounds interesting! Thank you for re-watching the dvd.  ;D
I will get the movie.

I have no doubt that you will enjoy it.  :)

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Roy Bland

IMHO the most ambitious project of Matsumoto was a reread of wagnerian Gotterdrammerung in a sci-fi anime version

Roy Bland