Main Menu

Anime

Started by greg, September 05, 2008, 02:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg

what I'm currently watching:
http://kumby.com/category/chobits-episodes

the first episode of this is so wild.......  it's about this guy from a farm in Hokkaido who moves to Tokyo, and sees that everyone has these robots called "Persecons", which are all really just robots that look women, but have metal ears. One night, he finds a Persocon lying out in the trash and he brings her home, and she's a bit messed up- he has to figure out how to turn her on, and he ends up having to press a button in a certain area which makes him extremely nervous (he's always so nervous throughout, which makes it so funny. All she can say is "Chii".....
by the 4th episode, he teaches her how to talk a bit more, so he sends her to the store to buy panties since he's too embarassed to ask the lady to buy some. Along the way, she walks through the street saying, "Panties. Panties."  Then she's by two girls, whose skirts fly up because of the wind, so she goes and pulls up one of their skirts and says, "Panties. I want to buy panties."
anyways, it's ridiculous in a good way.....

greg

no one is watching any good anime?
oh wellllllll  :(

Szykneij

Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige

Sarastro

Quote from: GGGGRRREEG on September 07, 2008, 02:23:20 PM
no one is watching any good anime?

Seven years ago I watched Sailormoon. 8) So embarrassing to say, but it was really sweeeet!! And also Candy, Candy. :-X :-[ :-[ Ah, those romantic-sentimental sweet anime series. And some other, too, but I forgot what they were, something about star wars and saving galaxies and traveling on a spaceship. :D ;D

greg

Quote from: Sarastro on September 07, 2008, 02:46:41 PM
Seven years ago I watched Sailormoon. 8) So embarrassing to say, but it was really sweeeet!! And also Candy, Candy. :-X :-[ :-[ Ah, those romantic-sentimental sweet anime series. And some other, too, but I forgot what they were, something about star wars and saving galaxies and traveling on a spaceship. :D ;D
hehe, Sailor Moon?  ;D
"romantic-sentimental sweet anime series".... that would be what i'm watching now, hehehe...... very very sentimental and sweet, but charming. Ever watch a story about a guy who falls in love with a robot (and teaches her how to talk)...
Mainly, though, I get into adventure-type stuff, where they typically have a group of several main characters who are on a mission to save the world, etc. it's like a symphony cycle- complete escape from the mundaneness of the world. 0:) 0:) 0:)

Sarastro

Quote from: GGGGRRREEG on September 07, 2008, 03:28:03 PM
hehe, Sailor Moon?  ;D
"romantic-sentimental sweet anime series".... that would be what i'm watching now, hehehe...... very very sentimental and sweet, but charming. Ever watch a story about a guy who falls in love with a robot (and teaches her how to talk)...

Well, robots are not really sweet. :o Though I watched an anime series about humanoids and how two super agents were trying to destroy them all...and something called "Helsing". And yes, it was about vampires, but I didn't like it too much. Sailormoon is much more sweet, pure, and innocent. 8) 8) 8) 8)

Szykneij

I used to watch Astro Boy.
Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

greg

Quote from: Sarastro on September 07, 2008, 03:34:29 PM
Well, robots are not really sweet. :o Though I watched an anime series about humanoids and how two super agents were trying to destroy them all...and something called "Helsing". And yes, it was about vampires, but I didn't like it too much. Sailormoon is much more sweet, pure, and innocent. 8) 8) 8) 8)
well, this is the robot....

;D

i think "Van Helsing" may be what you're talking about? I think the have both a book and movie to that, too......

Szykneij

Astro Boy was a robot.

greg

Quote from: Szykniej on September 07, 2008, 03:46:46 PM
Astro Boy was a robot.
well, technically....

Quote from:  wikipedia
Etymology

In the series, the derivation of the name "chobits" is given as coming from their father, Ichiro Mihara, who used the word "chobi" to describe anything he thought was "small and hopelessly adorable". Two chobi become "chobits". The word "chobits" is an anagram of "Chitose Hibiya",[1] and is also the password given to Elda, Freya, Plum, and eventually Chi. The spelling of the title uses a mixture of hiragana (ちょびっ, Chobi[t]?) and katakana (ツ, tsu?). The mixed letters were chosen because a persocom's password requires a mixture of hiragana, katakana, and/or Latin alphanumeric characters for increased security. Similarly, the password Chobittsu (チょびっつ, Chobittsu?) for Plum, set by Hideki in episode 19 of the TV series, mixes katakana (チ, Ch?) and hiragana (ょびっつ, [y]obittsu?), although in Tokyopop's English translation of the manga, the password is "Chobits" (with a capital "C").

The word persocom (パソコン, pasocon?) is a Japanese contraction of personal computer (パーソナルコンピュータ, pāsonaru conpyūta?). In Japan, it is used to refer to personal computers in the same way as the initials PC are in English. In Chobits, it is used with no distinction between modern and humanoid computers. In the final chapter of the manga, Chitose Hibiya explains that persocoms were not named "robots" because Ichiro Mihara did not include Asimov's Three Laws of Robotics in them.

Sarastro

Quote from: GGGGRRREEG on September 07, 2008, 03:45:29 PM
i think "Van Helsing" may be what you're talking about? I think the have both a book and movie to that, too......

No, Van Helsing is a movie...and Helsing is an anime series - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellsing_(TV_series)

Sweeeet, and human 8) And there was a nice song fir the third episode in Japanese :D

imperfection

Hmm...didn't think a forum with an average age of 40+ would be regularly watching kids cartoons either... :)

Sarastro

Wow, I love google. Set ten discriminations.

greg

Quote from: Sarastro on September 07, 2008, 03:56:34 PM
No, Van Helsing is a movie...and Helsing is an anime series - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellsing_(TV_series)

Sweeeet, and human 8) And there was a nice song fir the third episode in Japanese :D

Only 13 episodes? That's short......

Quote from: Sarastro on September 07, 2008, 04:01:27 PM
Wow, I love google. Set ten discriminations.

Ha........ that is nice. I wonder if we still have that cosplay thread, or if it died with the old forum...

Sarastro

greg

those are so silly...... i think i'm gonna have to go and search that on google myself.....

greg

ok, this one is good....... best so far.  :) :) :)

Sarastro

Quote from: GGGGRRREEG on September 07, 2008, 04:08:03 PM
Only 13 episodes? That's short......

Damn, not episode, but season. For the third season. I think there were only 5 seasons, but some 300 episodes.
Here is that opening :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6pHOOILIbA Appreciate it, Greg, i had to turn off Don Giovanni for that. ;)
And what about Helsing, it was short and very uninteresting... :(

Sarastro

Quote from: GGGGRRREEG on September 07, 2008, 04:10:07 PM
those are so silly...... i think i'm gonna have to go and search that on google myself.....

The last were boys. ::)

greg

Quote from: Sarastro on September 07, 2008, 04:13:08 PM
The last were boys. ::)
yeah, i see....... this one is  the hottest.

Damn, not episode, but season. For the third season. I think there were only 5 seasons, but some 300 episodes.
man, that sounds like a lifetime of sitting down and watching tv......