Frederick Delius

Started by tjguitar, May 14, 2007, 05:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirror Image

Quote from: The new erato on February 04, 2013, 09:03:34 AM
Interesting. Sea Drift was the one work in my 4 CD Delius odyssey that really caught my interest.

To be even more honest, I enjoy A Village Romeo & Juliet and Koanga more than I do Sea Drift.

Leo K.

I think I'm going to check out Sea Drift very soon, Beecham's version can be had for pennies on Amazon.

mahler10th

Mail from Dropbox:

QuoteHi John,
This email is an automated notification from Dropbox that your Public links have been temporarily suspended for generating excessive traffic. Your Dropbox will continue to function normally with the exception of Public links.
This suspension is temporary (3 days for the first time).
Please visit Dropbox support if you have any questions.
- The Dropbox Team

LOL.  Looks like Delius is more popular than we thought.  I will remove the file now.  Did you get it or see it Leo?  If not, PM and I'll put it somewhere else for you to download.

Leo K.

Quote from: Scots John on February 04, 2013, 11:09:39 AM
Mail from Dropbox:

LOL.  Looks like Delius is more popular than we thought.  I will remove the file now.  Did you get it or see it Leo?  If not, PM and I'll put it somewhere else for you to download.

Unfortunately I didn't get the chance yet!

Mirror Image

Quote from: Scots John on February 04, 2013, 11:09:39 AM
Mail from Dropbox:

:D This could very well be from the fact that I let the Delius Society members know of this upload. :) Of course, I thanked a mysterious classical forum member for sharing the film.

Mirror Image

Quote from: Leo K. on February 04, 2013, 10:21:23 AM
I think I'm going to check out Sea Drift very soon, Beecham's version can be had for pennies on Amazon.

For me, it's hard to beat this one:

Mirror Image

John, if you could find another place to store this documentary it would be much appreciated. I would like to watch it again. Thanks again for taking the time to make this available to people who don't live in the UK. :)

mahler10th

Quote from: Mirror Image on February 04, 2013, 03:08:52 PM
John, if you could find another place to store this documentary it would be much appreciated. I would like to watch it again. Thanks again for taking the time to make this available to people who don't live in the UK. :)

I am working on that even as we speak, John.   ;D

Try this:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_zDCvwQhkmxYVVpOGJnVjZrZ3c/edit?usp=sharing

Mirror Image

Mirror Image

To our resident Delians, does anyone else own Bo Holten's series on Danacord? It's a fantastic series:

Mirror Image

Beecham recalls Delius:

http://www.youtube.com/v/HUjuF773zsI

Most of this interview can be seen in the BBC documentary Delius: Composer, Lover, Enigma.

mahler10th

Quote from: Mirror Image on February 04, 2013, 04:51:14 PM
Beecham recalls Delius:

http://www.youtube.com/v/HUjuF773zsI

Most of this interview can be seen in the BBC documentary Delius: Composer, Lover, Enigma.

Beecham was such an great old raconteur! 

Mirror Image

Mirror Image

I miss reading Sara's (Lethe) commentary on Delius. It's always nice to have another iron in the fire on this thread. :)

Mirror Image

One reason why Delius' music has so much resonance with me, besides just being gorgeous music, is it's attention towards nature. As a kid, I used to go run and play outside in the woods all the time. There was a creek that ran near my childhood home and I was always down near it. I've always been attracted to water and nature. I'd love to get back into it at some point. Drive up near the Appalachian Mountains and take a stroll around the trails. It gives me a sense of renewal to be near a river in the forest. Waterfalls also really have intrigued me for a long time. Again, all of this I relate to Delius' music in some way or another.

Mirror Image

Anyone else care to comment on the documentary on BBC Composer, Lover, Enigma? Such a fascinating film.

Leo K.

I haven't got to the film yet, I'm hoping to see it on the weekend, I can't wait! In the early morning I heard Beecham's account of Sea Drift and I was in heaven. What a mood that music creates!

Great thoughts above John, it's great to be inspired!

Mirror Image

Quote from: Leo K. on February 05, 2013, 10:03:35 AM
I haven't got to the film yet, I'm hoping to see it on the weekend, I can't wait! In the early morning I heard Beecham's account of Sea Drift and I was in heaven. What a mood that music creates!

Great thoughts above John, it's great to be inspired!

Definitely would like to your thoughts on the film once you have watched it. Johan also mentioned he watched it so I would be curious to know his opinion of the film as well.

North Star

I will probably watch it over the weekend, too. Perhaps I'll also listen to some Delius then...
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr