Previous topic - Next topic

Que

Mozart: piano concertos nos. 15, KV.450 and 16, KV.451 in D
Jos van Immerseel
Anima Eterna Orchestra

Q

P.S.
Quote from: Bill on April 06, 2007, 05:26:45 PM
Correct, the 1965 recordings....much to the chagrin of Que.

LOL!  ;D

facehugger

ives - concord sonata - szidon

Que

Symphonien

Just finished listening to:

Gorecki - Symphony No. 3 [Antoni Wit, Polish National Radio Symphony Orchestra with Zofia Kilanowicz]

So moving... Don't feel like listening to too much else for a while...

Bogey

There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Bogey

Ravel "Gaspard De La Nuit" and "Miroirs" Nos. 4 and 5 Gieseking (Pearl)
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Que

Quote from: Bill on April 07, 2007, 05:04:41 AM
Hurry it up Que, what are your thoughts of this transfer? :)

Fully satisfactory!  :)
Surface hiss is clearly present, but fortunately very finely grained and of a constant level. Doesn't bother me.
Sound picture is clear with all details and full bodied tone. There is occasional "overloading" at climaxes - but that comes from the original recordings.

So - very satisfied - I'm glad you guys talked me into it.. ;D ;D

Q

George

Quote from: Que on April 07, 2007, 05:22:15 AM
Surface hiss is clearly present, but fortunately very finely grained and of a constant level. Doesn't bother me.
Sound picture is clear with all details and full bodied tone. There is occasional "overloading" at climaxes - but that comes from the original recordings.

Q

Sweet.  8)

johnQpublic

All-American

Tull - Overture for a Legacy (Albany)
Druckman - Nor Spell Nor Charm (DG)
Zwillich - Symphony #2 (Louisville)
Diamond - Tantivy (Klavier)

Bogey

Quote from: Que on April 07, 2007, 05:22:15 AM

Q

Excellent news!

Bogey

Debussy Preludes: Book I Gieseking (Pearl)

George

Quote from: Bill on April 07, 2007, 05:49:34 AM
Debussy Preludes: Book I Gieseking (Pearl)

Another one that I have my eye out for.  :)

Harry

Michael Haydn.

20 Symphonies.

No. 7 in E major.
No. 8 in D major.
No. 9 in D major.
No. 10 in F major.

Slovak Chamber Orchestra/Bohdan Warchal.

As in the first two volumes, this is a quite acceptable performance, and once used to the relaxed manner in which the music is presented, it is enjoyable to listen. Further on the quality of the performances get better, also in sound quality. Still think it somewhat lacking in detail, and the attention to that, but its beginning to give me pleasure. The price was low, and the recordings on the market, concerning the Michael Haydn symphonies, are sparse.

71 dB

Handel - Belshazzar - The English Concert & Choir/Pinnock

Somehow this recording sounds ascetic...  ???
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

bhodges

Frederica von Stade: Recital, Edinburgh 1976 (with Martin Isepp, piano) - Excellent and unusual program of Arne Dorumsgaard, Mahler, Ives, Poulenc and Britten, with encores by Offenbach and Carol Hall ("Jenny Rebecca").  The sound is very good, considering that it was recorded live. 

The Dorumsgaard songs, from Five Early French Songs, were completely unfamiliar to me.  The Mahler set is a highlight, done with extraordinary sensitivity, and she gets a few laughs out of the Ives selections, in "Ann Street" and "Memories," and ends with his heartbreaking "Tom Sails Away."

--Bruce

SonicMan46

Highly recommended - some comments made in the 'Purchases Thread' - plus, highly applauded in the 'old' forum!  :)

hornteacher

Harry

George Enescu.

Violin Sonatas.

Adelina Oprean, Violin.
Justin Oprean, Piano.

This is realy stunning music, and so well executed. First time I encountered his Chambermusic, but already I am addicted. What magical music, and emotional intense thoughts.
Good recording too!

Bogey

Mozart Symphony No. 39 Bernstein/Wiener Philharmoniker (DG)