What were you listening to? (CLOSED)

Started by Maciek, April 06, 2007, 02:22:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark

gmstudio

Quote from: Harry on November 19, 2007, 07:39:10 AM
You make up to her Andy, she is right, always.......
Play her tune, not yours.....

Is she hot? I think we need a picture before we can truly pass judgement here.   >:D

Mark

Quote from: gmstudio on November 19, 2007, 08:16:50 AM
Is she hot? I think we need a picture before we can truly pass judgement here.   >:D

She is hot ... Andy's posted plenty of pics before now. ;)

Que

Keemun

Quote from: Mark on November 19, 2007, 08:09:09 AM
An eMusic purchase, by any chance? How is it? :)

But of course.  ;)  I heard it on the radio a couple of weeks ago and decided to download it.  It's good, I think I'll have to listen to some more of his symphonies.  :)
Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life. - Ludwig van Beethoven

Harry

Domenico Scarlatti.

Complete Harpsichord Sonatas, volume X.

K.428-402.

Pieter Jan Belder, Harpsichord.

Simply the best.....

Peregrine

Some Haydn/Szell! Excellent re-mastering from United Archives. Will buy some more of these volumes:
Yes, we have no bananas

Thom

Strauss: Sinfonia Alpina (because I heard the Sonnenaufgang playing on the radio this afternoon). Now this is beautiful, romantic music!

Lethevich

Shostakovich - Symphony Nos.5 & 6 (Barshai)

I almost never listen to this composer - amusing as it sounds for someone so popular, but he doesn't seem to grab me yet.
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

not edward

The appearance of another Schnittke thread prompted me to put on Ralf Gothoni's account of the Piano Concerto. Ferocious stuff!
"I don't at all mind actively disliking a piece of contemporary music, but in order to feel happy about it I must consciously understand why I dislike it. Otherwise it remains in my mind as unfinished business."
-- Aaron Copland, The Pleasures of Music

greg

Bruckner's 8th....... i think i finally figured out what imagery goes best with Bruckner- the world of Pokemon!  :)

Solitary Wanderer

Listened to this wonderful disc again yesterday. My wife commented that the final movement of the Moszkowski sounded like Gershwin. When I listened again with this in mind I must say that I agreed with her. Astute observation  ;)
'I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.' ~ Emily Bronte

Solitary Wanderer

'I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.' ~ Emily Bronte

Papy Oli

Olivier

Lady Chatterley

Quote from: Mark on November 19, 2007, 08:18:02 AM
She is hot ... Andy's posted plenty of pics before now. ;)

I'm hot too but I think it is menopause.

Now playing Brahms,no1,Berlin Phil,Karajan

Mark

Quote from: Lethe on November 19, 2007, 10:21:06 AM
Shostakovich - Symphony Nos.5 & 6 (Barshai)

I almost never listen to this composer - amusing as it sounds for someone so popular, but he doesn't seem to grab me yet.

Don't worry. I didn't connect with Shosty for 15 years ...

Quote from: Solitary Wanderer on November 19, 2007, 10:53:27 AM

Glorious Requiem  0:)

It is indeed. Might take a break from JEG's Beethoven symphonies cycle to give this a spin. :)

Oh, and Muriel, I've no doubt you're hot. Women who are a little older usually are. The young ones have got real firm bodies, the more mature ones have got real estate. I know which turns me on more. ;D

Keemun

Bruckner Symphony No. 8 (Knappertsbusch/Munich PO)
Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life. - Ludwig van Beethoven

Papy Oli

Bruckner symphony No.9 (Giulini)

just superb...  :)
Olivier

BachQ

Quote from: G...R...E...G... on November 19, 2007, 10:48:36 AM
Bruckner's 8th....... i think i finally figured out what imagery goes best with Bruckner- the world of Pokemon!  :)

I remember reading somewhere that Bruckner specifically had that in mind ..........

Solitary Wanderer