What were you listening to? (CLOSED)

Started by Maciek, April 06, 2007, 02:22:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonehelm

Dvorak piano quartet no.2 in E-flat, Stuttgart  Arts Ensemble.

Kullervo

Quote from: Bogey on September 13, 2007, 03:15:24 PM
You are right, of course, D....should have sent him this: 8)

The color of that beer is less than appetizing...

Lethevich

Quote from: Corey on September 13, 2007, 03:49:23 PM

Not to mention everything on the plate :-X
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

SonicMan46

LOL -  ;D  Maybe St. Patrick's Day, otherwise, I'd send it for a urinalysis!   ;) :D

Kullervo

Quote from: SonicMan on September 13, 2007, 04:13:24 PM
LOL -  ;D  Maybe St. Patrick's Day, otherwise, I'd send it for a urinalysis!   ;) :D

Or maybe it's just fermented pickle juice.

I'm listening to this

BachQ

Quote from: Valentino on September 13, 2007, 12:24:14 PM
I, who simply love Brahms' music, haven't managed to see this gem among gems until Harry played this disc just recently. So here we go again, from the hot Anner Bijlsma jubilee edition box set:

Cello sonata op. 38 in E minor, with Lambert Orkis on the piano. It's Brahms all right.

After all of this arm-twisting, I, too, listened to Brahms E Minor Cello Sonata ........ and it is divine ........

It's not beer ........ it's Mello YellowTM

DavidW

Maybe it's the lime beer, I've had that before.  Michelobe (I think if I remember?) makes a lime beer, it tastes kind of like limeade! :D

Bogey

Seems like everything I am trying to send Andy is "challenged" within that end range of the color spectrum Dave.  :D
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Kullervo

DavidW

Quote from: Bogey on September 13, 2007, 04:18:20 PM
Seems like everything I am trying to send Andy is "challenged" within that end range of the color spectrum Dave.  :D

So are you saying you don't go green?  You woke up, turned on your 10,000 W flood lights, got into your big suv, with your styrofoam cup o' coffee, drove to the PO and mailed Andy some cds? ;D

BachQ

Sorry, Bogey ......... We know that you meant well by sending Andy a special gift of green mermaid poop .........

Lethevich

Peteris Vasks - Concerto for violin & string orchestra, "Distant Light" (Kremer)

One of my favourite concertos :)
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

Bogey

William Boyce The Eight Symphonies
Thomas/Bournemouth Sinfonietta
CRD
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

George

Quote from: SonicMan on September 13, 2007, 06:48:00 AM
Bach Cello Suites w/ Anner Bylsma using the Servais Stradivarius Cello from the Smithsonian collection of instruments; I've probably had a half dozen or so recordings of these suites over the years - now own this one & the Rostropovich set - Bylsma is my favorite at the moment (recorded in 1992 - excellent sound).   :D

Indeed, it is lovely!  :)

Have you heard his student, Wispelwey? He has a gorgeous, introspective take on these works.

SonicMan46

Bill & David - I use to drink 'green' beer on St. Pat's Day in the past (had a 100% Irish grandmother, and those genes seem to be 'super' dominant!) - of course, the Mexican beers are often served w/ a slice of lime (which I always squeeze into the beer) -  ;D

For me today, started to listen to the Mozart Piano Concertos w/ Schiff & Vegh; just a comparison w/ my recently listening to the set w/ Gardiner & Bilson - different, sure - but, both are good!   :)

Bogey

SonicMan46

Quote from: George on September 13, 2007, 05:24:27 PM
Indeed, it is lovely!  :)

Have you heard his student, Wispelwey? He has a gorgeous, introspective take on these works.

George - good evening; no, I've not heard the cellist above, but your description of being 'introspective' would certainly intrigue me - I guess that my preference is for a more 'mellow' approach to these recordings.  Dave  :)

George

Quote from: SonicMan on September 13, 2007, 05:38:39 PM
George - good evening; no, I've not heard the cellist above, but your description of being 'introspective' would certainly intrigue me - I guess that my preference is for a more 'mellow' approach to these recordings.  Dave  :)

I can upload a sample if you like. Just let me know.

Kullervo

Bogey

Quote from: George on September 13, 2007, 05:41:23 PM
I can upload a sample if you like. Just let me know.

Do that please George if you can find one.  Too many here enjoying this and I only have the Ma, which I enjoy immensely  I was considering a Casals, but maybe I need to give this a try.