Free Corelli Double Disc

Started by Bogey, May 15, 2007, 04:57:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogey

As posted in the "bin" thread:

What do you know?  Just grabbed a stack of cds out of my car, one of which was the above (thought I would give it another spin....still find it flat) and this particular one, and only this one, out of the dozen I had on the passangers seat, was sopping wet from a torrent of rain we just had here in Denver tonight (my passenger's window was not all the way up).  Must be a true sign for me to "toss it".  However, I will ship this one for free to any GMG'r that would like a water-damaged copy....it's yours with a simple PM to me with your address.  First to do so has it....that is after the paper work has dried out a bit.  The 2 discs look just fine and the booklet should dry in still readable fashion.  Let me know.  I would throw in the Handel disc that I mentioned earlier as well, but that was passed down to me by my father-in-law, so that has to stay here....sentimental?  You bet!
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

George

Quote from: Bogey on May 15, 2007, 04:57:57 AM
As posted in the "bin" thread:

What do you know?  Just grabbed a stack of cds out of my car, one of which was the above (thought I would give it another spin....still find it flat) and this particular one, and only this one, out of the dozen I had on the passangers seat, was sopping wet from a torrent of rain we just had here in Denver tonight (my passenger's window was not all the way up).  Must be a true sign for me to "toss it".  However, I will ship this one for free to any GMG'r that would like a water-damaged copy....it's yours with a simple PM to me with your address.  First to do so has it....that is after the paper work has dried out a bit.  The 2 discs look just fine and the booklet should dry in still readable fashion.  Let me know.  I would throw in the Handel disc that I mentioned earlier as well, but that was passed down to me by my father-in-law, so that has to stay here....sentimental?  You bet!

God news for some lucky member!  :D I have often washed my old CD's with soap and water to remove stubborn crud, so I think as long as the discs are dried well, there will be probably be no damage. I already have the set, so I won't be requesting your copy. I assume that you've already dried the discs, but if not I suggest that you do so ASAP.  :)

PerfectWagnerite

Quote from: George on May 15, 2007, 05:03:00 AM
God news for some lucky member!  :D I have often washed my old CD's with soap and water to remove stubborn crud, so I think as long as the discs are dried well, there will be probably be no damage. I already have the set, so I won't be requesting your copy. I assume that you've already dried the discs, but if not I suggest that you do so ASAP.  :)

My wife decided to wash my copy of Ballo in Maschera with pure rubbing alcohol. Needless to say the entire CD got FUBAR.

George

Quote from: PerfectWagnerite on May 15, 2007, 06:44:41 AM
My wife decided to wash my copy of Ballo in Maschera with pure rubbing alcohol. Needless to say the entire CD got FUBAR.

::)

Maciek

Bogey

Quote from: MrOsa on May 15, 2007, 01:03:49 PM
Has anyone PMed you yet? 0:)

Yes....Gurn did, but I will look out for another copy for you as well. :)
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz