Internet Addiction

Started by George, May 15, 2007, 06:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hornteacher

Bogey

There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

karlhenning

I have such control over my usage, I hardly ever mash links to questionnaires  8)

DavidW

A few months ago my score was in the 80s, but now it's in the 20s.  Me happy. :)

Daidalos

I have found that my addiction is so complete as to render that test inapplicable to me.

Quote1. How often do you find that you stay on-line longer than you intended?
I never set a limit, so I cannot really say "always".

Quote9. How often do you become defensive or secretive when anyone asks you what you do on-line?
Why be apologetic about something that is so integral to one's worldview, routine and feelings of joy?

According to the test, I score 42. That would say I'm an average user. Any, ANY, outside observer would contest the absurdity of that notion.
A legible handwriting is sign of a lack of inspiration.

George

Quote from: DavidW on May 16, 2007, 04:13:34 PM
A few months ago my score was in the 80s, but now it's in the 20s.  Me happy. :)

Care to share how you made that jump?  :)

Steve

I've just taken the test now, with a score of 36. I especially like the diction of some of the social quesions (i.e Have I ever been ashamed of telling people about what I do online)... quite amusing.  :)

Gurn Blanston

I'll live, I suppose. :)

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Joe_Campbell

Florestan

You are an average on-line user. You may surf the Web a bit too long at times, but you have control over your usage.
Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

Mark

With a score of just 21, I barely made it into the rankings.

The question which most amused me was this one:

How often do you block out disturbing thoughts about your life with soothing thoughts of the Internet?

Joe_Campbell

I'd say your clearly addicted if you know what this means:

Guess I am! ;D

Mark

Very funny!

Cat macros rule.

Solitary Wanderer

'I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.' ~ Emily Bronte

johnQpublic

arkiv