The Music Room > Composing and Performing

Henning's Headquarters

<< < (3/1707) > >>

Cato:

--- Quote from: karlhenning on April 11, 2007, 11:00:24 AM ---After the ballet is done, Ed Broms will have me compose a setting of the St John Passion for Good Friday next year.

--- End quote ---

Yay Team!   (HEY! What happened to the Angel emoticon???  And the Policeman?)

Which language?  The highly theological languages of Latin, German, or even Ancient Greek (!?) or something from Petrograd?

greg:

--- Quote from: D Minor on April 07, 2007, 11:40:44 AM ---I just happen to have a picture:

--- End quote ---
sweeeeeeet!!!
i knew all along that was his secret hideout

Cato:

--- Quote from: Cato on April 12, 2007, 08:52:39 AM ---Yay Team!   (HEY! What happened to the Angel emoticon???  And the Policeman?)

Which language?  The highly theological languages of Latin, German, or even Ancient Greek (!?) or something from Petrograd?

--- End quote ---

And if you are thinking of English, which translation?

Decisions, decisions!   :o

karlhenning:

--- Quote from: Cato on April 12, 2007, 08:52:39 AM ---Yay Team!   (HEY! What happened to the Angel emoticon???  And the Policeman?)

--- End quote ---

No, it will serve as the Gospel reading, and so really ought to be in Ingrish.

karlhenning:

--- Quote from: Cato on April 13, 2007, 05:52:11 AM ---And if you are thinking of English, which translation?

Decisions, decisions!   :o

--- End quote ---

Zowie!  how we crossed just then.

We have been singing an edition of a plainchant delivery of the Passion.  I will probably use that as a base, and may make informed adjustment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version