Henning's Headquarters

Started by BachQ, April 07, 2007, 12:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidW

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on September 02, 2009, 05:49:11 AM
I get on very well with lions. Maria's a Leo, you know  8)

She who must be obeyed... ;D

karlhenning

She is most reasonable, and disarmingly charmante.  So that at the last, you want to obey  8)

DavidW

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on September 02, 2009, 06:11:18 AM
She is most reasonable, and disarmingly charmante.  So that at the last, you want to obey  8)

Ah one of those clever, charming, persuasive types.  I bet she even made you think that it was your decision to shave your beard. ;D jeje

karlhenning

Quote from: DavidW on September 02, 2009, 06:23:25 AM
I bet she even made you think that it was your decision to shave your beard. ;D jeje

And that it was my idea to grow it back in  8)

I cherish her!  Like Mrs Rock, she likes a beautiful timepiece.

karlhenning

Just had a very nice chat with Chris (weirdears) . . . hadn't succeeded in reaching him for the longest time.  He's doing well, keeps busy at his day-job . . . as a result of the latter, he's needed to be selective with his non-work-hours energy expenditure.  He hasn't been composing, but as been concentrating on his jazz, with which he is well content;  in a nutshell, he fells that his musical life is right where it ought to be.

(This isn't really the right thread . . . but it didn't seem appropriate for a "blast" to the larger readership of the more general threads.  And I think that the thread devoted to his music was probably on the old GMG.)

karlhenning

I owe some of you (using owe in a broad sense) a disc.  Production should resume later this month.

Thank you for your patience, and for your support.

SonicMan46

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on September 02, 2009, 09:19:58 AM
Just had a very nice chat with Chris (weirdears) . . . hadn't succeeded in reaching him for the longest time.  He's doing well, keeps busy at his day-job . . . as a result of the latter, he's needed to be selective with his non-work-hours energy expenditure................

Karl - thanks for the update on Chris; I use to enjoy him on the old forum, and we exchanged a number of posts - glad that he's doing well and liking his musical choices.  I still come across some of his reviews on Amazon, but doubt that he's doing that much any more - Dave  :)

karlhenning

Quote from: SonicMan on September 02, 2009, 01:53:30 PM
Karl - thanks for the update on Chris; I use to enjoy him on the old forum, and we exchanged a number of posts - glad that he's doing well and liking his musical choices.  I still come across some of his reviews on Amazon, but doubt that he's doing that much any more - Dave  :)

Overall, Chris has been a bit Internet-challenged (access, not savvy) . . . he's on sketchy dial-up at home, &c.

karlhenning

DavidW

karlhenning

Hah! Thanks!

Gotta practice first; recital coming up, and all.

DavidW

karlhenning

Thanks!  Just had a good clarinet workout, exactly per plan.

And . . . now working on loading up some music there on ReverbNation.

karlhenning

Got some numbers up there.

Now, to bed . . . .

karlhenning

QuoteWell, I've gone and got my feet wet here.

After I Add Band Members, I shall be 47% complete!

Pity there are no Band Members to Add . . . .

I need Fans:  THEY WILL COMPLETE ME!

Cato

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on September 02, 2009, 12:18:59 PM
I owe some of you (using owe in a broad sense) a disc.  Production should resume later this month.

Thank you for your patience, and for your support.

I hope I am still on that list!

I am on several other lists, but you really do not want to know about them!   $:)
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

karlhenning

DavidW

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on September 06, 2009, 02:23:49 PM
Reflections on an apparent waste of time.

So many churches want to get hip and have rock bands play, and shun more refined music.  And the ones that are steeped in tradition, you would expect them to stick to the oldies.  Well heck I don't know, maybe you need a different way to get your music out there. :-\

karlhenning

And even choral groups who concertize independent of actual church services . . . similarly, far the greater part either do new music which is a lot 'sexier' than mine, or they're devoted to musical curatorship.  Not much of a slice for me to target . . . .