Henning's Headquarters

Started by BachQ, April 07, 2007, 12:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidW

Oh wait I thought you played in the main library, you played in the west branch (never been)?  There are no lions there, are there? :'(

karlhenning

No, no lions there.

But my music is unafraid of the lions, if I were to play at Copley Square!  8)

Cato

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on September 22, 2009, 06:20:29 AM
No, no lions there.

But my music is unafraid of the lions, if I were to play at Copley Square!  8)

Sounds like a great title for a new work:

UNAFRAID OF LIONS!   :o
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

karlhenning

karlhenning

One or two borderline quackly moments in the performance of the Studies . . . but overall, I am very pleasantly surprised at how well I managed to play the piece. (Yes, that means that I shall need to try again to better it, but still . . . .)

One thing is, I didn't feel that I was 'lagging' at all through the course of the piece; nor that any pause was 'trending pregnant'.  Pace felt good, and I felt that the audience was 'with' me.  Bottom line, though, is that the performance ran just over 24 minutes.

The Tropes on Parasha's Aria from White Nights, though, got to a strangely deliberate start.  It works, but it feels a little dirge-ey.

Cato

Quote from: Cato on September 22, 2009, 06:28:41 AM
Sounds like a great title for a new work:

UNAFRAID OF LIONS!   :o

For 9 Trombones    :o   and English Horn   0:)  .

There!  Now it is public!   8)

So how many birds are in your new aviary?
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

karlhenning

I haven't decided if each instrument is a bird, or each interval . . . .

karlhenning

Not sure how long the mails will take, Cato;  hoping a disc may land by you today.

karlhenning

Got the corrected proof of the Hodie Christus natus est from Lux Nova;  that shoud be available soon . . . .

DavidW

karlhenning

karlhenning

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on September 29, 2009, 02:07:33 AM
sssshhhhh!

Speaking of which . . . crickets are quite serenely undisturbed in these parts of late  8)

karlhenning

I did ask Kathy how much rehearsal she thought the Carter would require.  She said she's still learning her part, and (what is not a surprise) it's hard.

secondwind

Where were you playing, Karl?  It sounds like a house concert?

karlhenning

Yes, a fellow who has 15 pianos in his house.

secondwind

15 pianos.  I have to take that in.  It took a lot of figuring and rearranging to fit our one Steinway Model M into our house.  A house with 15 pianos. . . .   Was the host of the party Jay Gatsby, by any chance?  Did you see a green light at the end of the pier across the water?  Be careful about these parties, Karl, a nice boy like you could get hurt/disillusioned/disenchanted. . . I'd hate to see that happen!