Henning's Headquarters

Started by BachQ, April 07, 2007, 12:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cato

About 15 minutes ago Karl's wife sent this:

Quote Here is an update. Karl is still fighting for his life. Doctor just told me that tomorrow is a critical day, it will be more clear how he really is. That's the day when people who had a stroke might get worse.... extra dose of prayers and good energy is needed to help Karl

"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

bhodges

Thank you, Cato, for the updates. Much appreciated and again, hoping for good news.

--Bruce

GioCar

Terribly sorry to read all that. All my prayers are with him.

vandermolen

Quote from: Brewski on November 21, 2018, 08:01:07 PM
Thank you, Cato, for the updates. Much appreciated and again, hoping for good news.

--Bruce

+1
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Harry

This day will be critical for him, so my prayers are send up, and in our church will be prayers too for Karl and his family. Hopefully he pulls through. I wish that with all my heart, and many with me!
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

Cato

Greetings on the American Celebration of Thanksgiving!

No news overnight, so we will go with the old and optimistic "no news is good news."

I offer this for your contemplation:

https://www.youtube.com/v/xcGj8e6yw44

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: Cato on November 22, 2018, 03:58:26 AM
Greetings on the American Celebration of Thanksgiving!

No news overnight, so we will go with the old and optimistic "no news is good news."

I offer this for your contemplation:

https://www.youtube.com/v/xcGj8e6yw44

Thank you as always, Leo. Listening to Karl's beautiful Agnus Dei, thankful for such wonderful music.

Traverso

Quote from: Todd on November 21, 2018, 02:18:27 PM
This is terrible, sad news.  It's good to read that Karl is conscious.  I wish him a speedy and full recovery.

+1

Ghost of Baron Scarpia

It has been on my mind almost continuously since hearing the the dreadful report. I hope we will hear good news soon.

Cato

Quote from: Ghost of Baron Scarpia on November 22, 2018, 02:27:47 PM
It has been on my mind almost continuously since hearing the the dreadful report. I hope we will hear good news soon.

Amen!  0:)

However...so far...nothing except speculation.  I have sent messages to both Karl's wife and mother-in-law, but have received nothing.  I have also sent a message to his brother, and am hoping for a response from him.

I have been checking hourly and even more than that.

Cato

From Karl's wife Maria:

An update. Today went without much of development either way. Some things are slightly worse but I was told that it's within normal after such a serious stroke Karl had. There is still danger 5-7 days after the stroke so the worst part is not over yet.... not much can be done by doctors now besides monitoring closely and sustaining his life.

I told Karl about tremendous support everyone is showing, told him what you write. He remembered all names and was touched.

He is still very very weak. Falls asleep every few minutes. Can't eat or drink yet.

Once again, many many thanks!

My emphasis above: that would be a good sign, I would think.

So, let us continue to hope and pray for the best!

Such a terrible thing: Karl had just experienced one of the best concert successes with his Triad Choir!

JBS

No obvious memory problems is a good sign.
Please let Maria and Karl that we all remain, at least in spirit, with them.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Cato on November 22, 2018, 05:33:47 PM
From Karl's wife Maria:

So, let us continue to hope and pray for the best!

Such a terrible thing: Karl had just experienced one of the best concert successes with his Triad Choir!

I am delighted you have written with good news, Leo. It has all been quite depressing till now. I took the most positive step I could and wrote him a DM on Facebook. I am wholly confident he will read it one day. Meantime, we watch and wait.  :blank:

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Ken B

Quote from: JBS on November 22, 2018, 05:37:22 PM
No obvious memory problems is a good sign.
Please let Maria and Karl that we all remain, at least in spirit, with them.
So is being able to speak. I guess I am only inferring he did.

(poco) Sforzando

Very sorry to hear this. I learned the news only a few minutes ago (11pm Thanksgiving) from Facebook. Please add my name to the list of well-wishers. I've known Karl from the forum for many years, though we've met in person only a couple of times.
"I don't know what sforzando means, though it clearly means something."

steve ridgway

It's great to hear Karl is remembering names Cato. Thanks for getting in touch through his wife, it must be a comfort for him to hear there are people out there who are concerned.

Ghost of Baron Scarpia

Thank you for the update, Cato. The situation sounds grave, but leaves room for hope.

vandermolen

Quote from: Ghost of Baron Scarpia on November 22, 2018, 08:50:56 PM
Thank you for the update, Cato. The situation sounds grave, but leaves room for hope.

Thanks from me too Leo.

There does seem to be a glimmer of hope which is encouraging.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Florestan

Quote from: Cato on November 22, 2018, 05:33:47 PM

Quote from: Ghost of Baron Scarpia on November 22, 2018, 08:50:56 PM
The situation sounds grave, but leaves room for hope.

+ 1.

And many thanks, Leo.
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Cato

Some generally good news from one of Karl's brothers:

Yesterday he had physical therapy and they got him to stand by his bed: considering that the day before he couldn't move his arm, the progress is huge.

As of yesterday he hadn't eaten because he cannot swallow yet. His speech is slurred and hard to understand. He is in ICU and being watched carefully: many CAT  scans to watch for brain swelling and bleeding.

I will talk to his nurse again tomorrow, I'll forward any word to you.

My emphasis above: as always, I try to be optimistic!