Henning's Headquarters

Started by BachQ, April 07, 2007, 12:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karl Henning

What a great weekend! The band did a great job on both concerts. The singers, having lived with A Heart So White for several weeks now, have really grown into the roles, and sing the piece with a natural dramatic intensity.

As the Library has only begun hosting musical events, we were something of a pilot endeavor. The audience was very light: in fact, the audience was almost solely people we invited or brought. Still, a beautiful setting, and we'd like to see about making the Library a kind of hike base. It is the Library performance which we video-recorded.

If I can grab a video editing program, I shall see about hoisting it up to YouTube.

The audience at the church today was sizable, and, even allowing for the fact that they're "my people," and came predisposed to cheer, we knocked 'em out.

One thing is, we need a longer program. The half-hour program, of course, was tailored to the King's Chapel lunchtime series. But, in principle, this lot are ready to build out a longer program.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

JBS

Excellent to hear (in several ways)!

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Cato

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on November 10, 2019, 07:18:06 PM
What a great weekend! The band did a great job on both concerts. The singers, having lived with A Heart So White for several weeks now, have really grown into the roles, and sing the piece with a natural dramatic intensity.

As the Library has only begun hosting musical events, we were something of a pilot endeavor. The audience was very light: in fact, the audience was almost solely people we invited or brought. Still, a beautiful setting, and we'd like to see about making the Library a kind of hike base. It is the Library performance which we video-recorded.

If I can grab a video editing program, I shall see about hoisting it up to YouTube.

The audience at the church today was sizable, and, even allowing for the fact that they're "my people," and came predisposed to cheer, we knocked 'em out.

Excellent to hear about the performance reaching a higher level of intensity!  And yes, please let us experience  the concert via YouTube!   0:)
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

aligreto

That all sounds great Karl. You sound, rightly, very pleased with how things went.

vandermolen

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Karl Henning

Last night dreamt that I put the clarinet together and played. As I bring my brain back, it now knows, too, that it will happen.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on November 12, 2019, 06:28:10 AM
Last night dreamt that I put the clarinet together and played. As I bring my brain back, it now knows, too, that it will happen.

Here's hoping dreams come true...this particular dream anyway.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

aligreto

That is a great target to work towards.

vandermolen

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Mirror Image

Great to read, Karl. Here's to your continued recovery!

André

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

aligreto

Karl Henning

Today is the anniversary of my event.  It's been quite the adventure.  I'm very lucky, doing better and better, spirits are good.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Mirror Image

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on November 20, 2019, 08:59:29 AM
Today is the anniversary of my event.  It's been quite the adventure.  I'm very lucky, doing better and better, spirits are good.

Very good to read, Karl! Here's to feeling better and better. You've been a great friend and I hope you continue to live the best life you can.

ritter

Quote from: Mirror Image on November 20, 2019, 09:23:53 AM
Very good to read, Karl! Here's to feeling better and better. You've been a great friend and I hope you continue to live the best life you can.
+1. So glad to hear Karl is in good spirits and doing better!  :)

JBS

Amen...

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

North Star

+3! May the next year be even better...
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on November 20, 2019, 08:59:29 AM
Today is the anniversary of my event... I'm very lucky, doing better and better, spirits are good

Happy anniversary!...happy in the sense that you survived, and survived with your spirit intact. Very gratifying to hear, Karl. May your next anniversary be celebrated with a full recovery.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA