The Music Room > Composing and Performing

Henning's Headquarters

<< < (1701/1726) > >>

Cato:

--- Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on November 24, 2021, 11:22:35 AM ---Something of a nod to our then-tuplet-nester-in-residence, Luke, the piece cost David some pains in rehearsing,

--- End quote ---

Would that be Luke Ottevanger the 21st-century successor to Scriabin  (at least in England)  8)  ?

So sad that he has gone silent for whatever reason: I cannot get a response these days from his wife either (she used to write a few words on FaceBook).

k a rl h e nn i ng:
He's truly gone off-grid.

k a rl h e nn i ng:
No real update yet on my compositional impetus. That said, It is high time that I determined just what my church choir is singing for December and for Lessons & Carols on Christmas Eve. I put in that work after church yesterday. In the past, we have sung the Coventry Carol ... for this year I feel I want to arrange it, and add a flute obbligato for our teenage flutist (who is a senior now) so this will be my first composition-like work in months. Will report

k a rl h e nn i ng:
’Tis a modest enough piece of work, but I chopped out the Coventry Carol arrangement today. I am pleased.

Mirror Image:

--- Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on November 29, 2021, 12:20:46 PM ---No real update yet on my compositional impetus.
--- End quote ---

I'm sure all composers have gone through whether or not to continue, but do you feel that you're having some kind of creative crisis, Karl?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version