Henning's Headquarters

Started by BachQ, April 07, 2007, 12:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

André

+ 1 to all the above comments.

Mandryka

Shocked to read this news, I wish Karl and his family well.
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

steve ridgway

Yes, it's a horrible thing to happen, just as well they got him to the hospital where he can be properly treated.

Harry

Terrible news! He will be in my prayers. Hopefully God almighty might grant him health.
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

pjme

A stroke is a very serious medical condition.
I wish Karl and his family well.

Peter

Zeus

Terrible news.  I hope you have a favorable outcome and a speedy recovery.  Best wishes.
"There is no progress in art, any more than there is progress in making love. There are simply different ways of doing it." – Emmanuel Radnitzky (Man Ray)

vandermolen

All strength to Karl and his wife from here - very upsetting news.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Florestan

Such a terrible news indeed. I pray for Karl and wish him a speedy recovery. My best thoughts to his wife and family as well.
Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

Cato

Many thanks to all!  I have conveyed our distress at the news to Karl's wife, Maria Bablyak.

Last night she was on her way back to Boston: I happened to be awake at 3:30 A.M. and checked for an update, and have done so again, but nothing yet.

I offer you one of Karl's finest works as a way to pray: Nuhro, Opus 74, performed by his own Triad Choir.   You can see Karl in the back.

https://www.youtube.com/v/r2vn2PB_-9g

"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

Draško

Horrible to hear. Best wishes for recovery.

ritter

Wishing Karl a speedy and full recovery, and expressing my support to his family.

Iota

Oh dear, only a newcomer but still a real jolt to read this! Very best of wishes to you, Karl, I wish you and your family strength.

premont

Just now I saw these shocking news. What to say other than that he will be in my thoughts, and that I sincerely wish him a speedy recovery.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

North Star

This is shocking news indeed, I hope Karl will be well soon.
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

bhodges

What awful news, very sad. Adding my wishes for better news later -- hope he makes it.

--Bruce

TheGSMoeller

Thank you so much for the updates, Cato.

Sending my love and thoughts to Karl, and his family. Get well soon, friend.

Cato

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on November 21, 2018, 04:27:01 AM
Thank you so much for the updates, Cato.

Sending my love and thoughts to Karl, and his family. Get well soon, friend.

Maria Bablyak wrote a quick note to me: no news yet about anything.  You can imagine that she is drained emotionally, and said that the shock of Karl being hit by a stroke is still reverberating.

She wanted you to know how much your support means to her!
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

Jaakko Keskinen

Extremely sorry to hear about this. Get well soon, Karl!
"Javert, though frightful, had nothing ignoble about him. Probity, sincerity, candor, conviction, the sense of duty, are things which may become hideous when wrongly directed; but which, even when hideous, remain grand."

- Victor Hugo

vandermolen

Thanks for the updates Leo.

Much appreciated.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Sergeant Rock

the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"