Henning's Headquarters

Started by BachQ, April 07, 2007, 12:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukeottevanger

Sorry, posted in wrong thread...  :-[

greg

Quote from: karlhenning on June 27, 2008, 07:04:56 AM
Artist at play:

wait, what is she playing? Hide and go seek? Who's better, you or her?

lukeottevanger

Evidently he is - that's him, disguised as a bush; she walked straight past him.

greg

Quote from: lukeottevanger on June 27, 2008, 02:00:25 PM
Evidently he is - that's him, disguised as a bush; she walked straight past him.
"Oh, I'm not really married to her, this is just the lady I spy on and take pictures of from time to time".

karlhenning

karlhenning

Although timing and the graphic result all worked out, preparation of the parts for Brett's wedding music surprised me by how much time the end-game consumed . . . far 'hairier' an experience than the prep of the parts for (say) Out in the Sun.  And, as I am gearing up now to wrap up the ballet (I think I hear Allan chuckling, but then, one is pleased to incite some mirth in so fine a chap), the experience with the parts for the Opus 93 indicates that post-production of White Nights will be sixfold hairier.

This sober consideration has prompted me to take seriously, for the first time, a switch from Finale to Sibelius.

And what the demo for Sibelius shows me about the interface between parts and scores, looks very good indeed.  Honestly, it makes me wish I'd switched before work on the Opus 93.

For this weekend, though, it is still 'pre-compositional' refamiliarization with the project, and allowing the intuitive musical notions accumulate.

Well, and finding the sketches for Scene viii, which it will be about time soon to write out in proper scoring.

greg

So, you already have both Finale and Sibelius?

karlhenning

I'm awaiting delivery of Sibelius . . . .

greg

Quote from: karlhenning on June 29, 2008, 11:34:20 AM
I'm awaiting delivery of Sibelius . . . .
wow, seriously?
you'll have to specifically tell me what the advantage is- what is it about the interface between the parts and scores? Is it just a much better, quicker, more efficient system?

karlhenning

Rest assured, I shall report.

karlhenning

QuoteWell, and finding the sketches for Scene viii, which it will be about time soon to write out in proper scoring.

Found 'em! Full speed ahead!

karlhenning

Today is The Day, you know  :)

J.Z. Herrenberg

Quote from: karlhenning on July 05, 2008, 05:15:45 AM
Today is The Day, you know  :)

Really?! I hope all things matrimonial and musical are perfect today.
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. -- Plato

Harry

Think of four marriages and one, well what was it......
Fun film, fun complications. ;D

karlhenning

Quote from: Jezetha on July 05, 2008, 05:25:47 AM
Really?! I hope all things matrimonial and musical are perfect today.

A beautiful, neighborly thought, Johan!

karlhenning

Harry! Any word on video or other recording of Magnificat? I'm in the dark, here  ;D

Harry

Quote from: karlhenning on July 05, 2008, 05:30:21 AM
Harry! Any word on video or other recording of Magnificat? I'm in the dark, here  ;D

Not yet, Nana has gone on vacation to Georgia, but she said it was done, but it needs to get from PAL to NTCS, and that will pose problems.
Pictures are also made, but as yet nothing came my way. Nana is simply to busy I guess.
But it will go your way, I promise.

karlhenning

No worries; I figured that it was a matter of Nana being busy. Dank je wel!

Harry

Quote from: karlhenning on July 05, 2008, 05:39:13 AM
No worries; I figured that it was a matter of Nana being busy. Dank je wel!

Geen probleem Karl, het komt wel goed! ;)

karlhenning

Quote from: GGGGRRREEG on June 29, 2008, 06:50:07 PM
wow, seriously?
you'll have to specifically tell me what the advantage is- what is it about the interface between the parts and scores? Is it just a much better, quicker, more efficient system?

I'm still learning.  Good news is that a chum at the MFA has an extra copy he was sent of the big Sibelius manual.