Henning's Headquarters

Started by BachQ, April 07, 2007, 12:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sul G

...but then again, too few to mention. You did what you had to do etc. etc.

John Copeland

Well, for Mr. Henning I have created an MP3 album under my classical label 'Athena Classics'.  I'm only posting the front cover (had to reduce quality to post it, so it looks much better than it does here), and each MP3 has been carefully tagged (with cover picture too.)  It also has a back cover, etc. :o

Karl will have to view it before it's released here - I just think the downloading of his files deserve a little more pizazz and loving than simple downloadables. ;D

Athena Classics, of course, does not exist, but it might very soon! ;)

karlhenning

Wow! Do I dream?

Wonderful, John, many thanks!  Looks sharp.

sul G

Surely something on these lines, complete with ambiguous apostrophe, would be simpler:

Dr. Dread

Maybe something like this...

karlhenning

Quote from: sul G on March 16, 2009, 03:23:33 PM
Surely something on these lines, complete with ambiguous apostrophe, would be simpler:

Too Blond-on-Blond-ish, perhaps . . . .

Separately:

Some mischievous scribbling in the margins, maybe.

Bogey

Kind of a Mark Cohn look to it:

By the way, great album by Cohn.  Believe he took a Grammy for best new artist that year.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

John Copeland

Here is the full Henning cover...I forgot to put timings in it, but if Karl likes it, the timings will be there.

For the Jpg file, fonts did not transfel well, so it looks a bit ragged.  The .pdf is the master.

karlhenning

Looks very nice, John. (Elegy? . . . o'course it's just ha' past six and my brain hasn't fully waked yet . . . .)

And:

If I got anyone's name wrong, please advise (I will mend), and pray accept my abjectest appy polly loggies.

Low-impact update:  A new spring '10 'production' of the Passion looks to have a 96% likelihood.

Cato

Quote from: John on March 16, 2009, 03:09:43 PM
Well, for Mr. Henning I have created an MP3 album under my classical label 'Athena Classics'.  I'm only posting the front cover (had to reduce quality to post it, so it looks much better than it does here), and each MP3 has been carefully tagged (with cover picture too.)  It also has a back cover, etc. :o

Karl will have to view it before it's released here - I just think the downloading of his files deserve a little more pizazz and loving than simple downloadables. ;D

Athena Classics, of course, does not exist, but it might very soon! ;)

Where do I buy stock?!   8) 

And how much does it cost?  Better than CitiBank?   0:)
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

karlhenning

I think it will trade on the GMG 400  8)

karlhenning

Day 2 of the reconquista . . . just the beginning (and still very draught-ly, of course)

karlhenning

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on March 22, 2009, 04:40:22 PM
(and still very draught-ly, of course)

I mean (and just for starters): Instruments? Hello? Which instruments, Karl?

karlhenning

Reconquista, Day 3

karlhenning

The cross-staff notes (and consequent beam adjustments) in the harp were delightfully easy and intuitive in Sibelius . . . would have required more 'micro-managing' in Finale.  I am very happy with Sibelius.

Bogey

And never stop, Karl.  My son came downstairs right about the time you got off your last stop.  He composed his first piece of music on our piano (which none of us can play).  He has had not had lessons, but is not intimidated by its presence and experiments away from time to time.  He had two four note pieces and was very proud of his accomplishment.  I listened to the composition and then told him that next time that he should be the one to talk to you.

Have a restful evening.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz